Forum › RAIN FALL discussion

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Another amazing work from Yakumi Sarai. A more hopeful message than a lot of their stuff as well, even with the rather dark subject matter. Interesting that very few of the youkai seem to have taken a hit, mostly unnamed kappa.

What can you save with those small hands? As much as possible.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

That was interesting. Not subject matter I've seen explored before

Damn, just, I can't even... all those poor kappa.

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

An interesting take on the idea of something that seems like an incident but doesn't actually have a culprit you can beat up like in the games. This was the first thing I've read of this circle's, and I must say I'm pretty impressed - I'll toddle off to read some more!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

An interesting take on the idea of something that seems like an incident but doesn't actually have a culprit you can beat up like in the games. This was the first thing I've read of this circle's, and I must say I'm pretty impressed - I'll toddle off to read some more!

Be prepared, most of it goes into much darker territory than this.

Although I do kinda like creepy Suwako.

1a%20berserk%20jill
joined Aug 5, 2014

Wait, in the village there is the statue of the dragon god who glow red when there is something like this. So why the villagers are so surprised and they did not get prepared for this.
Tengu are like beast, they can anticipate this kind of thing. I think touhou's girls are enough powerful to overcome this. I think this is an excuse of Zounose for the drama.

Sorry for my english.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Wait, in the village there is the statue of the dragon god who glow red when there is something like this.So why the villagers are so surprised and they did not get prepared for this.

Red is for "something truly strange". Which is vague to the point of uselessness, and wouldn't show up for a natural event like this

Tengu are like beast, they can anticipate this kind of thing.

...That is not the impression I got from Aya's story path in SWR

I think this is an excuse of Zounose for the drama.

Aren't all story events excuses for drama?

1a%20berserk%20jill
joined Aug 5, 2014

I sorry,It's because the autor try to be coherent, i just want to say all events in this are not logical in the doujin himself or the touhou universe. The way tragedy come is like free violence, i am sorry, i too much limited with my english i can't really express what i want to say. T///T

last edited at Aug 5, 2014 9:19AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I sorry,It's because the autor try to be coherent, i just want to say all events in this are not logical in the doujin himself or the touhou universe. The way tragedy come is like free violence, i am sorry, i too much limited with my english i can't really express what i want to say. T///T

I think it's more important to view this in terms of this author's other works, rather than the Touhou games themselves. In those, the Tengu are actually less bestial and more organized, there's one in particular that underlines using Momiji that while they have bestial traits they cannot in fact be beasts.

This author generally uses dark stories to convey a message or lesson, so looking at it in terms of "the Tengu wouldn't act this way" or that this is something the dragon god would warn them about misses the point. In this story, what is important is Reimu's dilemma and how people relate to the Gods through times of difficulty.

joined Nov 11, 2010

Kinda a weird timing on this considering the recent rains in Japan. As for the story's canon consistency/believability, I figure the prolonged duration of the flooding (did they give a figure? Maybe a couple weeks?) would have been enough to overwhelm whatever preparations the characters might have made.

I dunno if it was the story's tendency to wander or the milder than usual themes/etc. but this didn't leave as strong an impression as Yakumi Sarai's other works. Still a pretty good read; in any case, his use of a large cast made it at least an engaging romp through a lot of my favourite characters.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yeah, I think the two aspects that disappointed me about it was first of all for a story in the end about Reimu, she wasn't really in much of it. And second, none of the named Touhou characters seemed to actually be in any real danger. Keine and Sanae briefly at the end, and a lot of nameless humans and tengu, but that's it.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Thinking about this story, and this scene came to mind.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

It's raining men... hallelujah!

joined Dec 12, 2018

that ending though. went from morbid to hilarious, poor yama

Nekona Shirofumi
joined Mar 30, 2021

this author is really good

Touhou%20i.2
joined May 16, 2021

Never seem to end any incident without the sweet taste of alcohol
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/rain_fall#69

joined Aug 20, 2021

i gotta tell ya i was not remotely prepared for those last two panels after the story
i feel awful about laughing-

C57e189a-cb0f-4ff4-aab4-f866ca57737a
joined Nov 19, 2022

Really good story, goes well with ODST music for some reason

To reply you must either login or sign up.