Forum › Nightmare After School discussion

joined Mar 12, 2014

Notice me Bell-senpai...

Zen%20facce
joined Feb 3, 2013

This is really good, why isn't there a sequel to this? Better then most manga i read

joined Mar 12, 2014

This is really good, why isn't there a sequel to this? Better then most manga i read

Ikr. This is the kind of supernatural Yuri manga that I love to read. Wish there's more like this:)

Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

unresolved feelings and plot everywhere, I demand a sequel!! >_<

Makiko
joined May 1, 2014

Wait, what?! Where's the sequel?!!!!
I demand a sequel!!!
。・゜・(ノД`)・゜・。

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

This should turn into a manga with a million chapters :3

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

I liked how they included some pretty brutal scenes but also some pretty silly ones. It was well done so I laughed when it was appropriate and was horrified at equally appropriate times haha

Yuuna
joined Jan 4, 2015

this seriously needs a sequel!!

fantasygirlkanna
Flat,800x800,075,t.u1
joined Feb 1, 2015

This is actually good. I would love to read more if ever.

Please make more :3

Kyosaya_Bubbiline
joined Jun 21, 2015

Good story, definitely made me what the fuck a few times

joined Aug 16, 2015

How the fuck is this not serialized with at least 6 volumes out yet?
Seriously though, it's practically begging for a sequel with that ending. And I am too

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Was Bell a demon too?

If no, then what is she?

Too much unresolved story.

Img_20171030_220015_379
joined Oct 31, 2016

Wait, what?! Where's the sequel?!!!!
I demand a sequel!!!
。・゜・(ノД`)・゜・。

YEAH! 。・゜・(ノД`)・゜・。

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Was Bell a demon too?

If no, then what is she?

From all the hints scattered throughout the chapter, I get the feeling that she is basically an angel from the Judeo-Christian tradition, because:

• The biggest smoking gun is the crucifix she wields as a weapon;
  • Her name is "Bell", which sounds very Western and also invokes church bells;
  • She says the demon is not allowed to speak her true name, and AFAIK Japanese supernatural nasties don't really take an issue with names. In Judaism and Christianity, on the other hand, naming is a big thing, especially for angels, whose names often include "-el", which means "God" (e.g. the archangel's name "Gabriel " means "God is my strength"), and who therefore would be very opposed to a sacrilege such as a demon speaking the name of God.

No idea what she is doing in Japan, though.

last edited at Mar 30, 2017 7:19AM

joined Oct 15, 2013

It's tragic that this is not serialized.
Just. Why.????

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

"Bel" is also the Akkadian word for "master", so it's been used to refer to many Mesopotamian and Levantine gods; for example, there is a story of a false god named "Ba'al" in the Old Testament, most likely referring to Hadad. That said, it has also been used to refer to Yahweh. This is also where the name "Beelzebub" comes from (it literally mean "master of flies").

It could also be short for "Belial", a demon in the Ars Goetia with the rank of King (there are only ten kings, so this would make Bel one of the eleven strongest demons). Belial is also one of the many names of Satan.

So I think there's much more to suggest that Bell is a demon rather than an angel.

joined Feb 18, 2015

Was Bell a demon too?

If no, then what is she?

From all the hints scattered throughout the chapter, I get the feeling that she is basically an angel from the Judeo-Christian tradition, because:

• The biggest smoking gun is the crucifix she wields as a weapon;
  • Her name is "Bell", which sounds very Western and also invokes church bells;
  • She says the demon is not allowed to speak her true name, and AFAIK Japanese supernatural nasties don't really take an issue with names. In Judaism and Christianity, on the other hand, naming is a big thing, especially for angels, whose names often include "-el", which means "God" (e.g. the archangel's name "Gabriel " means "God is my strength"), and who therefore would be very opposed to a sacrilege such as a demon speaking the name of God.

No idea what she is doing in Japan, though.

Killing demons, of course!

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

She is Sans.

This should've been a series though. I guess the author didn't want it to be

Y5
joined Jul 23, 2020

that was a great. akira and bell would be such a good pair fighting agains demons

D5164b27-cfaa-445d-9e4d-39ed256e1b0a
joined Mar 4, 2021

Agree that this has potential for more ch,, tho i ship ami x akira more (>_<)

To reply you must either login or sign up.