Forum › For those wannabe lawyers or "extreme" commentators (yes I'm looking at you)

Secretnamorifan11
joined Jul 17, 2013

Hello.

I like dynasty scans' forum. It's where I get to virtually meet people and have conversations (well, not really) with them about popular manga or doujin. However, lately there has been a lot of annoying fucks who tries to criticise everything that is "not up to par" or "isn't right" from their perspective. It's extremely annoying and nobody actually, /actually/ really cares about your opinion(s). If you want to talk about something not relating to the topic, there are a lot of other places you can go to. I mean, sure you can share share your thoughts as long as it's actually relevant to the topic. While you're at it, it doesn't hurt to be nice when doing so.

PS you're no different from the ones who make those exasperating b e t t e r than I k e a kitchen s h i t ads.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I rather ignore aggressive comments, the mods will eventually delete the whole fight of the forum so there really isn't a point. Giving anyone too much attention won't solve it, in fact, It might make it worse.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I've only snapped once with a comment like that, wasn't even directed at anyone, just my reaction to a manga. I would delete it if I could and just completely forget that I read it.

I rather ignore aggressive comments, the mods will eventually delete the whole fight of the forum so there really isn't a point. Giving anyone too much attention won't solve it, in fact, It might make it worse.

Indeed. Best you can do (as a non-mod) is completely ignore those people, don't bother acknowledging them. Same goes for those advertising... lol

joined Dec 29, 2013

So, you get straight up told and you notice everything you said is wrong. So you make a thread to whine about it? Also—

their perspective
opinion(s)

That would imply what's been said is wrong and subjective, which it was neither. And again. It was you who brought the thread off topic by continuing to reply to someone who responded to a week old comment, even more so when that original comment was on topic itself.

And do you really think this thread in and off itself is not the exact embodiment of which you claim to hate? Very hypocritical to say the least.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So, you get straight up told and you notice everything you said is wrong. So you make a thread to whine about it? Also—

their perspective
opinion(s)

That would imply what's been said is wrong and subjective, which it was neither. And again. It was you who brought the thread off topic by continuing to reply to someone who responded to a week old comment, even more so when that original comment was on topic itself.

And do you really think this thread in and off itself is not the exact embodiment of which you claim to hate? Very hypocritical to say the least.

Thank you for demonstrating how annoying aggressive/pedantic commentators may be. It DOESN'T MATTER whether you're right or not, it matters whether you're a jerk about it or not. Which, I submit, you have been.

This is conversation, not a debate society.

joined Dec 29, 2013

Save for using emoticons and "lol" as my every third word I'm not sure how I could make it sound any nicer.

Being wrong does not matter.

Lol.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Save for using emoticons and "lol" as my every third word I'm not sure how I could make it sound any nicer.

Being wrong does not matter.

Lol.

You're so cute. Do you think you win cookies when you score a point or something?

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

xkcd

joined Dec 29, 2013

You're so cute.

I know I am, thanks. And no. Points and cookies are not required. The other person knowing they're wrong is all that matters. I know I'll never correct all the people that are wrong, but it amuses me when I have time to do it.

Arkaiiconbig
joined Nov 1, 2013

xkcd

This actually made me laugh much harder than it should have. Needless to say, any human being capable of writing as well as that should have the capacity to word it in such a way that would not damage the ego of whoever you are arguing with. Unless of course you are a sociopath and void of empathy. In which case, please inform us of the fact that you're callous. It would save a lot of time. Thank you.

last edited at Feb 4, 2014 4:56PM

Pic1
joined Aug 29, 2013

You're so cute.

I know I am, thanks. And no. Points and cookies are not required. The other person knowing they're wrong is all that matters. I know I'll never correct all the people that are wrong, but it amuses me when I have time to do it.

And what makes it so important that you have to do that? Firstly, there is nothing wrong in stating an opinion. In almost every thread that I've visited, there are always different opinions going around, about what someone thinks of a given manga or subject within, and that's very cool.

However, I've noticed in threads that you've been in, when I happen to visit them as well, that if anyone has the audacity to disagree with your point of view, you'd quickly become extremely rude, obnoxious and even attempt to "talk down" to the opposite party plus come close to engaging in name-calling.

Why is this necessary? Will it kill you to agree to disagree?

I don't know where you'd often hang out, but I think this place isn't really 4-chan, where over there, it's like some major competition to see who could "pawn" each other, and argue/troll the hardest.

Most people here, I believe, just want to relax and discuss their favorite manga amicably with fellow fans.

last edited at Feb 4, 2014 5:32PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

And what makes it so important that you have to do that? Firstly, there is nothing wrong in stating an opinion. In almost every thread that I've visited, there are always different opinions going around, about what someone thinks of a given manga or subject within, and that's very cool.

However, I've noticed in threads that you've been in, when I happen to visit them as well, that if anyone has the audacity to disagree with your point of view, you'd quickly become extremely rude, obnoxious and even attempt to "talk down" to the opposite party plus come close to engaging in name-calling.

Why is this necessary? Will it kill you to agree to disagree?

I don't know where you'd often hang out, but I think this place isn't really 4-chan, where over there, it's like some major competition to see who could "pawn" each other, and argue/troll the hardest.

Most people here, I believe, just want to relax and discuss their favorite manga amicably with fellow fans.

^ This.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Why hello, The Point. Such a pleasure to see you.

Seriously, it ain't rocket surgery.

Today is the day of threads that get me all hot and bothered apparently.

joined Dec 29, 2013

Rebly82's rant.

No one said there was anything wrong with opinions, but you also don't understand what an opinion is. An opinion is not "I think X" it's "I like/dislike X". Opinions denote nothing but what you like or dislike, it has nothing to do with being right or wrong. Such as fact, which is what I tend to correct people about.

And seeing as how the rest of your comment is based solely on that, I feel it's irrelevant to reply to the rest.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I think it'd be better to just pretend they don't exist. It leaves less for mods to worry about. Think ghost-treatment bullying. If a comment(er) annoys me to a certain extent, I'll just exit the tab now.

It seems like this thread was more of a summoning of the ghostly breeze that's been causing annoyance in the forums recently.

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

Well, I just want to take this moment to say that Rebly82's words are really awesome.

Back on track, I am generally open-minded and since I rarely go to the forums nowadays, it has been fairly calm. But... since I'm already here, let me just say this.

It doesn't matter if it is a fact, an opinion, a simple "lol" or a simple, "ew". What matters is to put your words in an unoffensive state. Or simply put, don't fuck people off when all they want is just relax.

CAN'T YOU EVEN FUCKING KNOW HOW MUCH PEOPLE GET PISSED OFF WHEN SOMEONE JUST RANDOMLY POINT OUT A MISTAKE AND JUST FUCKING BOMBARD SAID PERSON WITH NONSENSICAL LABELS THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DOUJIN/MANGA/CREATION???

... If that kind of offended you, then good for you. The kinder translation is this:

Saying offensive things would only lead to troublesome situations. Even if people really didn't meant to make it sound offensive, a simply apology and explanation in a calmer words would make the nearing trouble subside.

Is it really that hard or do people's vocabulary just fucking lack?

last edited at Feb 5, 2014 9:22PM

joined Dec 29, 2013

Rebly82 is incorrect in basically everything he everything he said, and I explained why in this very thread. It's not wise to agree with him. Plus, your English is rather poor, so I can't tell what you really mean.

It seems like this thread was more of a summoning

That's what I said, too. a few posts ago.

Images_(2)
joined Feb 10, 2013

..for my co-yuri fans...dynasty gives us the best yuri ever...actually i don't read some comments to others...i just put my feelings in my comments after reading manga that swept away my stress...and that really gives me strength to my next daily life...just enjoy and have fun...that's why dynasty exist to full our needs that didn't exist in outside world...sorry for my english...still finishing my study... q(>_0)p...

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

Well, I do admit that my grammar and vocabulary lack. It lacks so much that I have had trouble creating and describing an action or an event in my fanfic creation. It is the reason as to why I study.

Anyways, your words are "cruel". That is enough proof that you don't care to be respectful, nor have the time to even consider other people's feelings.

Also... This thread really is a magnet for some trouble.

By the way, I didn't really say that I agreed with Rebly, it's more of an awesome reply. I just praised him for his words. If that kind of contradicts, then maybe I do agree with him.

last edited at Feb 6, 2014 2:54PM

Pic1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Well, I do admit that my grammar and vocabulary lack. It lacks so much that I have had trouble creating and describing an action or an event in my fanfic creation. It is the reason as to why I study.

Anyways, your words are "cruel". That is enough proof that you don't care to be respectful, nor have the time to even consider other people's feelings.

Mizuki, don't worry. It's perfectly okay if you agree/disagree with anything I said. There's nothing wrong with how you think either way. And don't take to heart what csx said about you, as he's a psychologically disturbed troll.

Thank you for you and the other posters' kind words, I appreciate it. :)

joined Dec 29, 2013

Rebly82 I know his English is bad, but still. That post had literally nothing to do with you. And in no way was even close to comment about agreeing with you.

You also should really stop being an enabler, his English is bad. Tell him so he'll fix it. I also like how you failed to even mention how I totally disproved your entire point because you don't know what opinion means. Much like you don't know what the word troll means. But in your defense; The internet has distorted those two words beyond reconnection. That's not a real excuse, though.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I also like how you failed to even mention etc etc

Maybe Rebly is just tired of you as I'm tired of this thread...

last edited at Feb 6, 2014 9:42PM

This topic has been locked.