Forum › Secret of the Princess discussion

joined Jan 1, 2014

Is it just me or has Morinaga Milk an taken (in)discreet inspiration from allegedly-lesbian supermodel Freja Beha?

IRL Fujiwara sempai:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rufWgVt4mFc/UA0tPE0dm8I/AAAAAAAAANc/749GuAx12HQ/s1600/freja-beha-erichsen-01.jpg

69c76a90jw1exw6rq32l5j215o1jkwwc
joined Jun 1, 2013

^: WOW :"O So much alike.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

The pose is different, but the details of the outfit are nearly identical. Morinaga-sensei did not appear in the most recent issue of Hirari; I don't have the most recent Comic High yet (monthly, School Police), but she hasn't appeared in the three or four issues before that. This is not like tracing, right? This couldn't have anything to do with her not contributing anything recently, right?

Does anyone know of anything Morinaga-sensei has published in the last three or four months?

last edited at Jan 1, 2014 1:14PM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I just looked at her blog http://milmilm.blog32.fc2.com/. While there hadn't been any entry since August 11, there is now a new entry dated December 31. It shows a picture of something called "2013 Winter Myao" with her name under the title.

Phew! I'm just worrying over nothing. This really isn't like tracing. Anyone who reads Japanese more quickly and fluently than me is invited to tell us what she is saying.

last edited at Jan 1, 2014 1:26PM

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

The pose is different, but the details of the outfit are nearly identical. Morinaga-sensei did not appear in the most recent issue of Hirari; I don't have the most recent Comic High yet (monthly, School Police), but she hasn't appeared in the three or four issues before that. This is not like tracing, right? This couldn't have anything to do with her not contributing anything recently, right?

Does anyone know of anything Morinaga-sensei has published in the last three or four months?

I'd rather believe that she's actually having a love affair with

allegedly-lesbian supermodel Freja Beha

Because Morinaga-sensei must get all the women, right?

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

That makes perfect sense to me. Besides, the blog post I just mentioned hopefully proves I'm wrong.

Edit: Here is the image from the blog.

And re-edit: If I'm reading the blog correctly, this post was 12/29 and the previous post was 8/6. I had already notice the lack of posts and lack of new material, so I was already worried and predisposed to make this mistake. Sorry about that.

last edited at Jan 1, 2014 1:45PM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

And once more, on checking, chapter 11 of School Police was published in mid September in Comic High. In her blog post she mentions chapter 12 is out, so it would have come out in the January issue in mid December. So I really am blowing up nothing at all.

I am sorry to bother everyone over nothing at all. I am ashamed. (This time I really am, not tong in cheek.)

Edit: I sure wish I new how to get a hold of the doujins that she mentions in her blog.

last edited at Jan 1, 2014 2:06PM

joined Apr 3, 2013

Story has potential.
But the "END" and not "To be Continued in ..." sort of makes me go like: is this some sort of weird 2 shot?
Anyway. I can end up loving this manga... probably because of my Morinaga Milk bias (when she draws the school girl angst, I can get the feels.)

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Judging by the "Ongoing" status of this series' page, I think it's safe to say that it's definitely not a two-shot.

Anyway, I'd also like to say Happy New Year, everyone. :)

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

But the "END" and not "To be Continued in ..." sort of makes me go like: is this some sort of weird 2 shot?

This I can safely say does not mean anything. Not only did chapter 1 say "END" at the end as well, but pretty much every chapter by every artist in Hirari ends that way regardless of whether it's a series. Also, this end strongly implies a continuation. So while I don't know Morinaga's plans for an absolute fact. I am confidant that she plans to continue this story.

ps. She mentions this chapter in her recent blog post; when I take the time to read it properly, I may find out for sure.

And of course, Happy new year.

last edited at Jan 1, 2014 4:03PM

Sj%20celine%20icon
joined Mar 2, 2013

I love you for that XDDD

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I love you for that XDDD

Thanks. Here's my wonderful self-made doujin of them.

http://imgur.com/fb3OT47

last edited at Jan 2, 2014 2:25AM

Sj%20celine%20icon
joined Mar 2, 2013

I love you for that XDDD

Buh buh where are her kitty ears XD haha jk it's perfect.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I like it. Almost makes up for my having panicked there.

69c76a90jw1exw6rq32l5j215o1jkwwc
joined Jun 1, 2013

wow Now it's a ship ? thanks. Morinaga, what a keeper. :))

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I couldn't help myself. Who wouldn't want to ship one of their favorite mangakas with an international supermodel?

I'm glad you guys like my art. I think I'll start selling prints. I'll send them to Morinaga as well. She and Freja might frame it in their love nest.

Sj%20celine%20icon
joined Mar 2, 2013

I couldn't help myself. Who wouldn't want to ship one of their favorite mangakas with an international supermodel?

I'm glad you guys like my art. I think I'll start selling prints. I'll send them to Morinaga as well. She and Freja might frame it in their love nest.

XD omg

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

XD omg

To be very honest with you, I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Facts are Freja is an international supermodel, tracing, and shipping.

The whole idea itself is kinda funny~

Now, I'm contradicting myself.

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

didnt realize there was a chapter 2, till today. I should visit this site more often! :) it's cute, but I dont get both characters so far. i have no clue what's up with Fujiwara, is it okay for her to be tricked? is she really alone? -- I guess it's just a game for her at this point. she seems to be just going with the flow.
the Lead-- Miu -- hmm I dont know, i dont like her much. haha. aside from manipulating fujiwara.. twice now! and her weird mom's advice.. i dont see any good points.. yet!

But I was entertained, and will definitely follow this :)

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

That moment! Dang. I almost spilled my saliva on the keyboard from laughing.
Seriously, I'll be your number one fan! And I'm sure you'll be the new top yuri mangaka if you do so.

joined Dec 20, 2013

Does anyone knows the status of this series in Japan? Still ongoing?

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

This series is ongoing in Japan, being published in the Hirari anthology. Chapter 3 recently came out in Hirari 13, I will be scanlating this chapter as soon as I can get to it.

Sorry, I kind of took another break, but scanlations will be starting back up about now. (Which is why I finally got around to checking the forums again.)

Tumblr_mfrdsc3t1e1rdyfv3o1_500
joined Apr 25, 2014

i was wondering why this story had so many comments lmao

Download
joined Aug 8, 2013

Still not entirely sold on the premise of this story because it's so cliche ridden but I am somewhat intrigued to see how it will pan out so I'll read it to the end. Or at least until my interest wanes...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Still not entirely sold on the premise of this story because it's so cliche ridden but I am somewhat intrigued to see how it will pan out so I'll read it to the end. Or at least until my interest wanes...

I dunno, it departs from the norm in at least one notable way in that at this point Fujiwara actually isn't into girls, at least consciously. Most stories like this, you'd be seeing feelings on both sides and assuming assuming the other didn't feel that way, and they'd just keep dancing around each other. But not here, and it's a bit refreshing.

Although obviously Fujiwara will be into Miu at the end, but the trip there isn't quite the standard one yet.

To reply you must either login or sign up.