Forum › Summer's Over But It's Still Hot discussion

Mulan1
joined May 18, 2013

Awwww, that is so cute. Thank you for translation!

last edited at Aug 14, 2013 5:29PM

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

I thought the girl with blonde hair is gonna kiss her friend there.... got my heart thumping...

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

P07, top-middle panel: blonde's dialog "Yuck, it got cold." <- I wonder what the original dialog is. Maybe "I feel refreshed." is better? Since it's fall in this comic (mentioned in the same page), and previous panel (the upper-right one) shows the glass is covered by condensation.

last edited at Aug 14, 2013 10:25PM

Tomoko_kuroki__by_djvm4god-d53x3z6
joined Nov 9, 2012

I liked this a lot. I have a lot of insecurities about my body too, so I didn't go to the beach at all this summer.
Well good thing I don't have a flat chest but still girls worry about stuff like this a lot. ^_^

joined Jul 17, 2013

Aww this was so cute <3

CorporateChampion
Blakeysquare
joined Feb 26, 2012

P07, top-middle panel: blonde's dialog "Yuch, it got cold."

It was hot tea that turned lukewarm. "Yuck, it got (too) cold (to drink)."

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Haha, this was a pretty fun one-shot to read.
It also reminded me that I'm going swimming tomorrow with friends :D

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

P07, top-middle panel: blonde's dialog "Yuck, it got cold."

It was hot tea that turned lukewarm. "Yuck, it got (too) cold (to drink)."

Strongly disagreed. If it's hot (mentioned later in that page), who'd get hot tea in the first place? Besides there are condensation - waterdrops on the glass (upper-right panel), something won't be there unless the tea is colder than the room.

joined Feb 3, 2013

I like the drawing of Sengoku Hiroko sensei, it's simple but really amazing!

CorporateChampion
Blakeysquare
joined Feb 26, 2012

Strongly disagreed.

I believe you are correct.

The original line is: あ もう ぬるい (a, mou nurui). Mou meaning "already", nurui meaning "lukewarm".

I assumed they were drinking hot tea and that it had become tepid. Largely because I drink a lot of hot tea, even on very hot summer days, and I hate when it gets tepid. It never occurred to me that "lukewarm" could also refer to a cold drink becoming too warm, and that this would be just as unpleasant. However, the condensation on the glass does indeed suggest that this is what happened.

Thank you for pointing out the mistake. As the translator for this project, I apologize for the error. That line should be, "Yuck, it's all warm."

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Nice atmosphere.

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

Strongly disagreed.

I believe you are correct.

The original line is: あ もう ぬるい (a, mou nurui). Mou meaning "already", nurui meaning "lukewarm".

I assumed they were drinking hot tea and that it had become tepid. Largely because I drink a lot of hot tea, even on very hot summer days, and I hate when it gets tepid. It never occurred to me that "lukewarm" could also refer to a cold drink becoming too warm, and that this would be just as unpleasant. However, the condensation on the glass does indeed suggest that this is what happened.

Thank you for pointing out the mistake. As the translator for this project, I apologize for the error. That line should be, "Yuck, it's all warm."

It's not something serious enough to apologize about. :P

To reply you must either login or sign up.