Forum › Scanlator Recruiting & Project Discussion V2

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Old, defunct, forgotten, irrelevant thread may be found here. Dynasty-Scans's Editor's Guide and many useful links here as well. Anyone interested in learning the basics in an at-your-own-pace, easygoing environment is welcome to dm me on Discord (Orange Pekoe#0863) at any time.

This thread is open for any group to seek out interested applicants, and vice-versa. If one has experience working with physical pages or is looking for applicants to work on physical pages; please make note of this if able! General scanlation discussion, tips, etc. is also welcome.

While most of these groups deal in some amount of yuri, it is the responsibility of the reader to learn about the group on their own before pursuing a work opportunity.

Anyone with moderator or uploader statuses is free to edit this post for updates. A current list of folks in need may be found below:

Scanlator Recruitment

Translator The usual translation path being from Japanese -> English.

Homusaki Shikibu
Sappho Scans
Sticky Scans
Yuri Project (Open-to-any image board)

Cleaner/Redrawer Remove foreign text from page.

Cuetie Scans
Homusaki Shikibu
Sappho Scans
Sexy Akiba Detectives
Some SoL Fan Translations

Typesetter Place gaijin text onto page.

Cutie Scans
Sappho Scans
Sexy Akiba Detectives

Editor (cleaner, redrawer and typesetter) The ultimate language juggler.

Cuetie Scans
knight heron
Sappho Scans
Sexy Akiba Detectives

Quality Checker There's a dot in the fourth bubble next to the text you didn't remove.

juanelric
Sappho Scans
Some SoL Fan Translations

Projects in Need

Rather than recruit for a specific long term position, just get someone to help you do this one thing?

Raws Needed

Series is stalled for lack of raws

last edited at Mar 26, 2022 12:46AM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Cuetie Scans is recruiting all manner of image manipulators! No experience needed!

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Reposting from here:

I dunno where else to post, Just looking for a group that does yuri manga, (willing to do other projects if they interest me) and others such. I am skilled in the English language, have more time on my hands than any one person needs, am quite bored, and need friends XD. But mostly just looking to quality check. I am picky though, so if you are interested, be prepared for that if I feel two speech bubbles don't properly connect. DIscord is Forsaken Thot#0227

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Reposting from the old forum

I sometimes translate some pics, as some of you may know from my scanlator tag, but I'm not good enough at Japanese to proofread my own stuff.

Edit: This is my stuff: https://chan.sankakucomplex.com/post?searchDefault=Search&tags=user%3Ajust_juan+translated_by_uploader
(As you can see, it's mostly simple stuff)

Idk if I would be of much help to an actual scanlator group tho

Hodo%20hodo
joined Apr 11, 2019

so true jessie

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Sexy Akiba needs editors.

joined Sep 4, 2023

Reposting from the old forum

I sometimes translate some pics, as some of you may know from my scanlator tag, but I'm not good enough at Japanese to proofread my own stuff.

Edit: This is my stuff: https://chan.sankakucomplex.com/post?searchDefault=Search&tags=user%3Ajust_juan+translated_by_uploader getaway shootout
(As you can see, it's mostly simple stuff)

Idk if I would be of much help to an actual scanlator group tho

I have experience making comics since 3 years ago. I joined a small group and acted as a translator. However, for some reason, the group recently disbanded. I want to join another group, anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

Yuri Project

joined Oct 20, 2023

Cuetie Scans is recruiting all manner of image manipulators! No experience needed!

Are there any such offers out there right now?

Cuetie 5can5
joined Oct 27, 2020

Are there any such offers out there right now?

Yes; we're still very much in need of cleaners + redrawers teehee

joined Jan 11, 2024

Sexy Akiba https://uno-online.io needs editors.

Hello, I'm new. I'm interested in how to become a editor here. Can you guide me?

last edited at Jan 15, 2024 8:12PM

YurigaokaMangaClub Uploader
Detail-sh00612-m-01-dl
Yurigaoka Manga Club
joined May 4, 2022

Hi, we at Yurigaoka Manga Club are looking for a typesetter to help us finish scanlating
Assault Lily: League of Gardens -full bloom- into English. We currently have 8 unreleased chapters translated and in need of typesetting.

It would be awesome if you could erase SFX and redraw backgrounds, but frankly the only requirement we have at this point is that you have sufficient time and motivation to typeset at least one chapter a month. We are a casual group, but it would be nice to finish this manga within the next year or two.

If you're interested, please send me a message on Discord (we coordinate on Discord, so you'll need to use it.) My Discord username is "letheka".

To reply you must either login or sign up.