Forum › An old game you enjoyed and you'd like remade?

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I will personally pay for this remake if I ever become a millionaire.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Remakes have a bad tendency to make things worse, do I'd rather refrain...

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Dew Prism. That cute old game needs more love.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

I will personally pay for this remake if I ever become a millionaire.

How quaint to see this thread bumped today. I was randomly thinking about this game just yesterday.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Definitely Sid Meyer's Alpha Centauri. That game was one of the few to really understand the bleakness inherent in the 4x genre, and all the flavor was really funny.

joined Feb 1, 2021

Some kind of Persona 3 remaster maybe? But I'm not sure that's actually it. I think what I actually want is for the FES and Portable versions of the game to perform some kind of fusion dance so I can get girl mode with full 3D models and boy mode with all the incidental quality of life improvements.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Remakes have a bad tendency to make things worse, do I'd rather refrain...

Unfortunately this rule has almost zero exceptions.

Eh, there are a few full on remakes that are good, or even arguably better than the originals. Resident Evil 2 remake and Black Mesa spring to mind.

Given that remakes don't pull the originals out of existence I'm down to give remakes a chance even if they're not always great cause worst case you can just go back to the originals.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

I recently was thinking about this question, or one similar. The Chrono Cross remaster came out recently, and it's a little half-assed, very much like most Squeenix remasters/remakes. So I tried thinking of what the game I'd want to be remaster/remade the most would be, even if it's just a low effort Squeenix one.

My answer was it'd have to be a game that's basically impossible to get access to these days, and also that will literally never be remade without some kind of divine intervention. A game where you're like "God I just want it to get a second chance". And I have a game that's just that

My offer is Panzer Dragoon Saga. It's a brilliant masterpiece that no one ever got a chance to play, because it came out in 1998 on the Sega Saturn lol. And you can't play it NOW, cause it's 1500 freaking dollars, and the Saturn is the boogeyman of emulators, it doesn't run well at all in emulators (though that's better these days, and will get better every day, it's still not perfect)

Sega would never ever remaster this freaking thing. They lost the source code years ago, so it'd need to be a 100% remake, and that'd be a LOT of effort for something only I would buy lmao. But I'd love it to happen

joined Apr 6, 2024

Dew Prism. That cute old game needs more love.

I'd play it too

To reply you must either login or sign up.