Forum › Genshin Impact!

joined Feb 1, 2017

wow Ei/baal legit has to be the most uninteresting character MHY dropped we went from Zhongli and Venti to this good lord

Personally I find her the most interesting. Maybe it’s cuz she’s more human than the other gods and make mistakes, but this representation of a god is much more captivating for me than Zhongli and Venti. Also her backstory itself is very relatable, since she suffered the loss of too many of her friends that her somewhat childish mindset (which we can tell from her voice lines) decided to go full throttle on a path that isn’t really optimal for anybody but promised an unchanging world where she wouldn’t lose anyone else. the fact that she’s a (relatively) new archon and used to only be used to fighting shows her inexperience when deciding the outcome of an entire nation Lastly, although I would agree that her character wasn’t fleshed out well in the new archon quest due to how rushed it was, I think her motives and goals are still interesting and understandable. It’s just that she took on a different method to deal with erosion than Zhongli.

Ps, her somewhat naive character is cute and makes me think of a younger sibling.

last edited at Sep 5, 2021 9:37AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

^spoilers is two equation marks - == - before and after.

joined Jul 26, 2016

『This character cannot cook.』

Funniest Gameplay and Story Integration I've seen in a while lmao (plus savage af)

Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Here's an update for my frirendship levels for all my characters that are above FL1.

10: Noelle, Barbara, Amber, Keqing, Rosaria, Sucrose, Kaeya, Eula, Klee, Fischl
9: Lisa
8: Ayaka
7: Diona, Yanfei
6: Xiangling
5: Tartaglia
4: Beidou
3: Ningguang, Sayu, Jean, Raiden Shogun
2: Razor, Chongyun

joined May 28, 2016

Sorry for the double post but I've heard the Solitary Sea-Beast quest in Inazuma has some subtext/flirting between two female NPCs: Kumi and Anisa.

last edited at Sep 7, 2021 12:27AM

joined May 28, 2016

Here's yet another update for my friendship list for character above FL1.

10: Noelle, Barbara, Amber, Keqing, Rosaria, Sucrose, Kaeya, Eula, Klee, Fischl, Lisa, Ayaka
9: Yanfei
8: Diona
7: Xiangling
5: Tartaglia
4: Beidou, Raiden Shogun, Sayu
3: Ningguang, Jean, Sara
2: Razor, Chongyun

joined Jul 26, 2016

Sorry for the double post but I've heard the Solitary Sea-Beast quest in Inazuma has some subtext/flirting between two female NPCs: Kumi and Anisa.

More like it's fruity as hell. 'Bout halfway into their convo they're flirting so blatantly even Paimon starts picking up on it and if you talk to them after quest completion they're pretty much married for most practical intents and purposes.

I ship it o3ob

...Anisa seems to subscribe to the Parvaneh school of 'adventurous' cooking though. D:

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Yeah I saw those two npcs! one of them is from Sumeru and I hope lots of people from Sumeru are as open as she is lol.

It's been a while since I commented here... Because of reasons~

But let me update on my genshin situation
New characters I've obtained:
Eula / Diona / Ayaka / Sayu / Sara and Raiden c1 (with 30 pulls, 50/50 and also her weapon too... first pity ever in the weapon banner, best 50 wishes ever). I had to skip Yoimiya, it hurts!

I love them all! they're all super useful but I haven't done much with Sara yet, and without a doubt Eula is still the most broken character in the entire game, a close second is Ganyu.

BUT my favorites are.... well, top 5? Mona, Fischl, Yanfei (her voice hnnnggg)Hu Tao and Amber
But when it comes to gameplay and usage it would be Ganyu, Hu Tao, Raiden, Fischl and Mona

Inazuma is super beautiful, Mondstad (can't remember how to write it) was too green and everywhere looked pretty similar but Inazuma is a spectacle of visuals, culture and magic, the nature too it's always blowing me away and to think there's one more isle left?! AMAZING!

I will probably skip Kokomi, Diona is a great healer and I also have Jean so I don't see the point... what I really would love is to finally have Keqing haha, one day!

last edited at Sep 20, 2021 2:38PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Archon Quest turned into a godawful rushed trainwreck of plotholes and asspulls, tho. Not like there hadn't been terribly written quests before but they were assorted side stuff not "main line" story content, dunno what's up with that. One YT commenter claimed the original writing team left the company for some reason and the replacements weren't exactly up to par - normally I'd just sneer cynically at such hearsay from Some Bloke On The Intertubes but this seems alarmingly plausible here.

Raiden's pretty interesting tho and Yae is a hueg troll which is lulz. And MHY is definitely taking a piss on light novels of dubious quality with basically everything related to her eponymous publishing outfit...

last edited at Sep 20, 2021 2:49PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I enjoyed the history, not the side quest linked to it (some generic npcs issues) but it saddens me that is not near the same level of love they put in Honkai Impact, where there's multiple plots, very important characters taking part at all times, several comics, spin off anime (I think there's 2) and the most absolute beautiful cinematic shorts that can last 3 or 6 minutes compared to 10 or 20 freakings seconds we see in Genshin rarely. When it comes to music, worlds and interactions I think genshin is the best but sometimes I feel like Genshin is a way for them to invest in what they truly love which is Honkai and their characters.

They could at least give the traveler a skin ffs!

joined Jul 26, 2016

They could at least give the traveler a skin ffs!

Most of the cinematic cutscenes are pre-rendered video clips (you can find them in \Genshin Impact game\GenshinImpact_Data\StreamingAssets\VideoAssets\StandaloneWindows64 on PC at least), and the ones showing the Traveler already come "Boy" and "Girl" versions... you can probably see the Catch-22 here. This is also why the cutscene!Traveler will presumably be stuck with that garbage starter sword until the end of the game's life, never mind now that you get a Prototype Rancour from the Guild at AdRank 10 so there's literally no reason to not trade up the visuals...

joined Jul 26, 2016

...someone needs to upload req this blursed food meme image, sat

joined May 28, 2016

Today I got to reputation level 9 in Inazuma and got my treasure compass. Time to start looking everywhere for lots of loot. :)

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

New event! a blessing for the Keqing and Xianling fans, and with a nice and subtle dose of Gaking ship too

joined Jul 26, 2016

Bei and Ning totally bicker like an old married couple. (This is actually the first time they're in the same scene isn't it?) They also give off that "she's cute when she gets all excited like this" indulgent aunt energy when Keqing starts building up steam lel

And Guoba lowkey steals half the scenes with its "curious doggo is bored" antics in the background.

Cloud Retainer totes called Paimon an idiot to her face, but eloquently.

joined May 28, 2016

Anyway today I was submitting some Electro Sigils to the shrine and happened to talk to Miyuki. She sure does seem to have a crush on Miko. Kinds of reminds me of the notice me senpai type relationship between her and Miko.

joined May 28, 2016

Here's the recipes needed for tomorrow's bonuses on the NA server: Delicious Chicken-Mushroom Skewer, Delicious Teyvat Fried Egg, Delicious Sweet Madame, Delicious Flaming Red Bolognese, and Delicious Mondstadt Hash Brown

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Oh thanks! I think my inventory covered all that.
There's a guide for tomorrow's Moonchase event too https://youtu.be/9eC15ayjSn8 the locations of chest and Charms, I did the first one all on my own but it took me a lot to find the last 3, so keep this video as last resource hehe.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I just went and asked the Guild rep fot hints and she marked the last two on the map...

joined Jul 26, 2016
joined Jul 26, 2016

Y'know, the event story was fun and all buuuuuuuutttt...

Unless I missed something major Ping's narrative just casually attempted to retcon away all the explicit text about the Guili Assembly and Guizhong for no obvious reason (and ofc the Traveler never puts a word in even if you've done that worldquest). What's up with that? .-.

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Here's the latest update on my friendship levels:

10: Noelle, Barbara, Amber, Keqing, Rosaria, Sucrose, Kaeya, Eula, Klee, Fischl, Lisa, Ayaka, Yanfei, Diona
9: Xiangling
7: Sayu
6: Tartaglia, Raiden Shogun
5: Sara
4: Beidou, Jean
3: Ningguang, Razor
2: Chongyun

I still haven't done Raiden or Kokomi's story quest.

As for reputation once the next patch comes on Tuesday I'll be able to hit level 10 in Inazuma. Once I get the world quests done in Inazuma that are related to RNG commissions I'm probably going to switch to Mondstadt so I can (hopefully) finally get the Snezhnaya Does Not Believe in Tears achievement done.

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

New primogem code for 60 primogems and 10K mora: BSPD3ZRXU985.

last edited at Oct 13, 2021 8:08PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Thank you!!
The new isle is really interesting... I hope the mist doesn't disappear completely, it makes for a good and scary environment, but I only saw up to the second teleporter anyway,

Kokomi is gone and not many will miss her, but leaks suggest that her new dedicated artifacts will complete her character, 15% healing bonus and 4 set creates an extra healing source that also blast into damage for the enemy too

The intended audience is going crazy for the new Itto geo character, but if you check his presentation, a female ninja called Kuki Shinobu works as sidekick, I hope we get to see her when he comes around.

joined May 28, 2016

100 pulls got me:

1 Hu Tao
1 Keqing (now C3)
3 Sayus (now C3)
1 Ninguang (now C6)
2 Dionas (now C5)
4 Thomas (now C3)

Also my friendship is now:

10: Noelle, Barbara, Amber, Keqing, Rosaria, Sucrose, Kaeya, Eula, Klee, Fischl, Lisa, Ayaka, Yanfei, Diona, Xiangling, Sayu
9: Raiden Shogun
8: Tartaglia
7: Sara
6: Beidou, Jean
5: Razor
3: Ningguang, Xingqiu
2: Chongyun, Xinyan

To reply you must either login or sign up.