Forum › Gacha thread (prev. the Genshin Impact thread)

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

^ Maybe she's a vampire who knows?

Maybe. It doesn't actually bother me that much, and since she's almost certainly going to be a playable character at some point we'll find out eventually.

I've almost finished all of the new Dragonspine quests, I just need to find some more Crimson Agates to get the Polearm prototype. RIP Joel's dad. Also, if you go to Liyue reputation board and look at the quests listed, you'll see there's a few new ones - including one titled "Return of the Jade Chamber?" I've only found one of them; unless I missed the others they might become available later when Ganyu's banner comes.

Rsz_0642646002c7e23a9b0c50ea92cc124d_2
joined Jul 26, 2020

^ Maybe she's a vampire who knows?

Maybe. It doesn't actually bother me that much, and since she's almost certainly going to be a playable character at some point we'll find out eventually.

I've almost finished all of the new Dragonspine quests, I just need to find some more Crimson Agates to get the Polearm prototype. RIP Joel's dad. Also, if you go to Liyue reputation board and look at the quests listed, you'll see there's a few new ones - including one titled "Return of the Jade Chamber?" I've only found one of them; unless I missed the others they might become available later when Ganyu's banner comes.

Yep, Rosaria's going to be a 4 star cryo spear user. No clue when she's going to appear on a banner, but if I had to guess, then probably in 1.3?

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't realize there were new Liyue quests since I've just been doing Dragonspine stuff. I'm almost done with the region, the only thing I'm missing are 3 or 4 agates and then I'd be completely done.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't realize there were new Liyue quests since I've just been doing Dragonspine stuff. I'm almost done with the region, the only thing I'm missing are 3 or 4 agates and then I'd be completely done.

Wait, when you say "almost done with the region", do you mean you've already gotten the tree all the way to level 11/12? Wow. Right now mine's only at level 7, and I just can't find the last several agates I need to get it to level 8. From what I understand the "Crimson Wish" that unlocks then gives you more agates as a reward for doing stuff, so it should be relatively easy to level it up from there.

joined Jul 26, 2020

Wait, when you say "almost done with the region", do you mean you've already gotten the tree all the way to level 11/12? Wow. Right now mine's only at level 7, and I just can't find the last several agates I need to get it to level 8. From what I understand the "Crimson Wish" that unlocks then gives you more agates as a reward for doing stuff, so it should be relatively easy to level it up from there.

Oh no, I meant the agates that are currently available. They only give you 79 agate in total, enough for you to get to level 8 and unlock the Crimson Wish. The Crimson Wish missions are like the daily commissions except they give you 5 agate that resets every Monday and Friday. You'd have to play a few weeks before you can get all the way to level 12.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Oh no, I meant the agates that are currently available. They only give you 79 agate in total, enough for you to get to level 8 and unlock the Crimson Wish. The Crimson Wish missions are like the daily commissions except they give you 5 agate that resets every Monday and Friday. You'd have to play a few weeks before you can get all the way to level 12.

Ah, I see. I feel less dumb for missing those then if there are only 79 available on the map.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

She's going to use a spear? OMG!! I was almost crying the other day when I got a spear as my pity in eternal... I know many people like Xiao but I don't feel much about him and who knows when he will come out, so getting the Jade spear was like getting an xbox with fifa only you know what I mean? I even mention it here, the worse case scenario was getting a spear weapon for me and that's exactly what I got, plus an Amber and a Xinyan...so like, feels like it was all just a waste and bad luck you know? but if Rosaria can use a spear too, maybe it won't be so bad. But for now, my hype was reduced a lot XP well no matter, I just have to take it easy until January when the shop resets and the new banner comes...

As for the new map, is AMAZING!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT! the cave is beautiful too, is SOOOOOO FULL OF TREASURE! and each box gives you like 5primogen instead of 2 for some reason, they really want to make you rich this time! Albedo talks a little bit too much imo but I haven't finished the main quest yet.

You know what Genshin needs? a dummy for training, I was trying to test damage between 2 bows but it's harder when they move around, die or attack if I have to focus on numbers. Cabal online and Blade and Soul had them, inmortal dummies to test your strenght and DPS

last edited at Dec 24, 2020 10:52AM

Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

I think they need to adjust the heat output so it doesn't penalize short characters like Klee as seen here. While I (unfortunately) don't have Klee myself it's kind of strange she doesn't react the torches while Diona does.

last edited at Dec 24, 2020 2:50PM

joined Jul 26, 2020

You know what Genshin needs? a dummy for training, I was trying to test damage between 2 bows but it's harder when they move around, die or attack if I have to focus on numbers. Cabal online and Blade and Soul had them, inmortal dummies to test your strenght and DPS

If you want to damage test, just use Dvalin LOL. Or one of the flower bosses.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Finally managed to find the rest of the agates and level my tree up to level 8. It turned out most of the remaining agates I needed were just in the gold treasure chests lying around, which explained why they weren't showing up on the minimap. The new Dragonspine Spear from the quest seems interesting, and will probably work well with Rosaria since she's a Cryo polearm user. It's a bit ironic though, what with Rosaria seeming to be so focused on eliminating any threats to Mondstadt while using a weapon made from the remains of a giant monster that attacked the city centuries ago.

Speaking of which, going from the description of both the Dragonspine Spear and the Festering Desire, Durin (said corrupted dragon that fought Dvalin and died on the mountain) seems to have been surprisingly...not evil? Or something like that. Both weapons talk about how he was sent to Mondstadt for his "Mother", and wanted to spread his love there. It's actually kinda creepy, a lot more than if he was just a generic evil dragon that wanted to destroy everything. It really makes you wonder about that Catastrophe that happened 500 years ago that was implied to have birthed Durin and all other sorts of monsters.

last edited at Dec 24, 2020 7:50PM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

New map almost done. I like it! I love the fact that I can BotW sprint instead of climbing some surfaces to save time too.

I can't clear the 3 mages challenge for the princess box. I legit can't do it..."just upgrade dumdum" about that...I'm broke...rip...
I'll keep trying but I simply cannot do enough damage since I just upgraded to world 6.

Speaking of which! I'm salty as fuck! I am getting blue drops on every run! FUCKING BLUE!? WHY DID I EVEN UPGRADE?! REEEEEEEEEEEE

Oh and the free rolls got me just enough for 99 on permanent. I wanted that to be Mona but Diluc ended up being my Christmas gift. I got him a bunch of atk% but he's super frail still, dropping comparable damage to my mains is so satisfying LOL

Anyone else noticed Mihoyo called us simps in the code btw?

last edited at Dec 25, 2020 7:36AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I did noticed that, but didn't say it here XD the simp part ... Because I was completely and utterly abandoned by the Gods of luck this time, I will now save like 3200 for the next banner and get the pity in the character, once I get that secured or the equivalent to 20 rolls, I will continue on the eternal in my endless battle to get a sword waifu, with this new event, now I will have 4 cool 4 stars sword gathering dust in my inventory, while the spear will be good to hang clothes in the sun.

The 3 mages was possible for me with Klee, because she is my most useful characters against shields and to trigger interruptions and elemental reactions, if you have Diluc I guess you'll have to cover your sword in fire and go berserk, do you happen to have Bennet and Xinyan? they both increase atk at certain lvls plus the elemental resonance of fire also increases damage.

Xiangling ult with another fire user could work too or Diluc and Razor, it depends on what you have I guess.

joined May 28, 2016

Am right now at 67/90 pulls on the standard banner. Hopefully I'll eventually get something good but I don't have my hopes up. Last night I got C1 Amber so that's a good thing.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

By the way, if you go back to the Temple of the Lion in Mondstadt (it's northeast of Dragonspine) there's several new Elemental Trials available to do, each with a one-time reward of Mora, character exp and weapon exp. It's not much but they're all pretty easy and count for the weekly "Complete 15 Domain Challenges" mission.

joined May 28, 2016

Sword waifu? Let me guess it's Keqing and not Qiqi right?

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I leveled and I was so damn close today. Drowning them works but I'm struggling with hydro shield.
I got good rng with the 1 mage and used all 4 ults to break the other two......then the cryo mage started dancing in the water, not even headshots helped me with that. I could've overloaded it if he was closer to land but...yeah, rage quit.
I see other people struggling with it too.

I'll swallow my pride and ask for co-op if I can't complete it before the 31st lol

Thankfully, the event doesn't require resin because I'm already wasting so much getting blue/hp% items. Not salty btw-

last edited at Dec 26, 2020 6:35AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Sword waifu? Let me guess it's Keqing and not Qiqi right?

I love Qiqi, Keqing and Jean, any of them would've been great honestly

last edited at Dec 26, 2020 8:13AM

joined May 28, 2016

Lumine or Noelle aren't good enough of a sword waifu then?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I like Lumine with Ameno, even if I already have sucrose C4 but you know how the game looooveees to use her geo ability for puzzles or reach certain items all the time so I always keep her in geo... I'm not very fond of her abilities in battle using geo tbh, looks too brute and awkward.

Noelle uses a 2 hand sword so not quite the same xP once I clear all the quest around the mountain, I could use Lumine for a while, making sure there aren't more puzzles around, and maybe test the real power of the cursed sword before the event ends. But honestly, I just want to change my play-style a bit... I always go Mona - E/ FIschl- E / Klee - E E E (with the book that resets cooldown) and POOF the battle is over and if there's any remain out of range, Fischl can take care of that.

last edited at Dec 26, 2020 11:51AM

Oops I missed this, I was planning to come back and talk to all the NPCs later but then the chamber was destroyed.

I decided to look at Ningguang's story and voice lines to see if she mentioned anything related to this and couldn't find anything, though there was a line saying how she keeps a distance from all the men who like her (well it seems more like she just cares more about mora than romance but she is gay in my headcanon)

There is an interesting relationship between Ningguang and Beidou, i'm not sure how it will develop though.

From Beidou's story section:

Beidou story 3

Word has it that the Crux's boss behind the curtains is none other than the Qixing's Tianquan, Ningguang herself.

Both of the people involved deny this outright, though they do so for different reasons.

As a member of the Qixing, Ningguang often needs someone else to do her dirty work for her. Of the many candidates available, she picked Beidou.

Ningguang would emphasize that she picked Beidou, not the Crux; Ningguang's collaboration with the Crux is, therefore, purely incidental.

Meanwhile, when Beidou hears the rumors about her dealings with Ningguang, she furiously insists that she collaborates on an equal footing: Beidou is her own boss and no-one, not even Ningguang, is sitting in the background pulling the strings for her.

Beidou is certainly unique among Ningguang's collaborators. She does not tread carefully or show reverence in the way most of them do; in fact, one could even say Beidou is sometimes at odds with Ningguang.

Ningguang's advisers worry constantly that Beidou is too unpredictable and too much of a maverick. But Ningguang simply smiles and dismisses their concerns.

"On the contrary, Beidou is the most reliable person in Liyue," she replies. "Just tell her the truth, as well as what's in it for her, and she'll come around in her own time."

Pier Laborers' Gossip

Beidou has beaten Ningguang at chess. Twice. The important part is not so much that she did win Ningguang's money, but more that she dared to.

From Beidou's voice lines:

About Ningguang – Liyue Qixing

Ningguang, eh? As far as Liyue Qixing is concerned, she seems to be doing a good job. But for me, my responsibility lies with my ship and my men, and not with the Liyue Qixing.

About Ningguang – Attitudes

Ningguang is never really one to speak frankly, but she has been very direct with her criticism of me in the past. Haha... But hey, whether she likes me is her choice, nothing I can do to sway her.

From Ningguang's story section:

Story 4

Everyone living in Liyue Harbor has to abide by the rules. Those who do so will see their interests protected, while those who violate the rules will be punished accordingly.

The rules are rooted in ancient laws set down by Morax, Liyue Harbor's divine protector, and they are absolute. Over the millennia, each Tianquan has introduced amendments to the rules to ensure they are well aligned with current societal needs.

The laws are compiled and published along with a 279-page commentary, and a copy is given to each citizen of Liyue. Ningguang likes it that way: Law and order is good for business, and she understands the intricacies of the laws that forge the order better than anyone else.

However, there was a certain ship captain by the name of Beidou who acted with flagrant disregard for the rules, smuggling contraband goods by leveraging her exotic cargo and exclusive business intelligence. To Ningguang, captain Beidou was the black sheep of Liyue Harbor's business community.

As Tianquan, it fell to Ningguang to impose heavy fines on Beidou each time she transgressed the rules. But much to her consternation, Beidou seems to take these fines in her stride, like water off a duck's back.

Outside of the official channels, too, Ningguang tried to find ways to implore Beidou to change her ways and stop putting the Qixing in such a difficult position. In response, Beidou simply explained away her actions as "enacting justice," "helping the poor" and "keeping the sailors in their jobs." As a firm believer in the principle of live and let live, Beidou had no time for Ningguang's advice.

In the end, Ningguang agreed to disagree and gave up trying to convince the stubborn Beidou to change.

From Ningguang's voice lines:

About Beidou – Fines

That... captain. She clearly receives the adoration of many, but will always be the first to disregard the rules. The fines she has paid would be enough to buy her a whole new ship...

About Beidou – Attitude

Perhaps you've never heard me speak like this. All that can be said has been said — both the good and the bad — but she still does as she pleases. Forget it. Keep Beidou out of my sight.

There is one thing I found that backs up my headcanon of Ningguang being gay, look at her nail things...

Edit: also I just noticed that this ship is already somewhat popular https://dynasty-scans.com/pairings/beidou_x_ningguang

last edited at Dec 26, 2020 1:04PM by

joined Jul 26, 2016

There is one thing I found that backs up my headcanon of Ningguang being gay, look at her nail things...

Heh. I recall there being a Twitter post way back where someone made similar associations. ( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)

Chip-truth tho, that's an elaboration of an olden-time accessory of the Chinese upper classes - compare this portrait of the infamous Dowager Empress Cixi:

NFI what those finger-sheath thingies are called and Ning's are integrated into her gloves, but the basic idea is clearly that most ancient and universal status display of the elite - demonstrating by your impractical attire that you did not need to engage in physical labour. Reckon the index and middle finger are left bare because even the leisured ruling class still needed those for things like holding writing implements, official seals and eating utensils. (Ning's idle animations show off such a casually effortless grasp of telekinesis that presumably she doesn't need to physically touch objects if she doesn't want to anyway, but it's the spirit of the thing.)

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Speaking of that ship, I found this fanmade anime opening https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mLk2U10rio

joined Jul 26, 2020

I think there's definitely a lot of potential for Ningguang x Beidou. It feels like a situation where they have some rivalry while still acquiesing with each others quirks and even enjoying them. There's people who see the voice lines and think they don't get along but I think they have a lot more affection based on their actions. You might have missed it but Ningguang also keeps a ship present from the Crux in her office, and we know it's Beidou she interacts with and not the Crux.

The voice lines are said directly to the Traveler, something that needs to be kept in mind. I don't think either of them would directly tell the Traveler anything deeper about their relationship and what they say is more perfunctory in my opinion.

In my headcanon, I think Ningguang definitely likes Beidou but she hides it, hence Beidou doesn't think she even likes her. Beidou also seems to like her but I don't think she realizes it, which makes sense since their stations are very far removed from each other. In modern terms, it's like a CEO x gang leader since pirates are basically sea gangs. There's a lot of potential with this kind of ship so I'm glad a lot of people seem to like it.

last edited at Dec 26, 2020 10:08PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I'm disappointed with the new Ocean Conqueror artifact (water focused) it comes with the 15% hydro damage as expected but the 4 set gives you 30% more attack but only to your normal and charged attack, so your E and ultimate are not affected ? :S in the other hand, Noblesse oblige gives you 10% less attack as a 4 set but guess what? is not limited to only your click attack AND the effects is shared to the WHOLE party!

So it sucks for Mona or that other kid with a sword, it's clearly meant to be used for Childe only.

The Cryo set increases your critical rate so it's gonna be cool for Ganyu and the others like Sayaka

last edited at Dec 27, 2020 1:50PM

joined May 28, 2016

Just unlocked the portable teleporter and Mondstadt level 6 reputation today. I hope to complete a two more 100 reputation Mondstadt bounties so I can get to level 7 next Monday.

Shiri1
joined Aug 13, 2019

Stupid fucking icicles and anime boxers. Finally tried abyss floor 10-12. Blew through everything on my first try except the very last round which took me like ten. Should have swapped out Barbara for Noelle but I didn't want to do everything over again. Gonna go spec into more shield strength for my Noelle/Diona so I don't get stunlocked to fuck next time.

To reply you must either login or sign up.