Forum › Shinigami Alice discussion

Ab.%20dog
joined Jan 23, 2016

Wait. So why is this called "Shinagami Alice"?

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Wait. So why is this called "Shinagami Alice"?

Here's my take on it. In Japanese, "shinigami" literally means "god of death" and it is often translated as "death himself/herself/itself" as in death personified. An appropriate moniker for an assassin, no?

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I was wondering why chapter 3 was tagged as incest (I had forgotten most of what I read) and as I understand it the sisters are named after colours in french, but criinnge tho. Rosé works but they probably meant Violet rather than Violé. Violé means "raped"

last edited at May 15, 2016 6:46PM

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Here's my take on it. In Japanese, "shinigami" literally means "god of death" and it is often translated as "death himself/herself/itself" as in death personified. An appropriate moniker for an assassin, no?

The "Alice" part...

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Age gap...?

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

REDflame23 posted:

The "Alice" part...

It could potentially be inspired by something like the Shin Megami Tensei series of games where the Alice persona is always of the death arcana. And typically one of the most powerful, usually the only one which gets the most powerful death type attack as well.

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

That was the worst Reaper ult I've ever seen in chapter 3. Genji didn't even need to use his reflect.

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Nice, but I wanted to see who is the so called "Puppeteer"

Alien%209%20kumi
joined Feb 28, 2019

somehow i keep coming back to this manga.

joined Dec 17, 2021

I enjoyed the story, and I liked that at the end they chose to live in the darkness together (kind of like a more wholesome version of Killing Eve), but I feel I liked the chapter 0 version of their meeting more that the official one. In my ideal version I mix the original version with the later developments involving Camelia. Also, unrelated but It was hard at times to understand what was happening in the fight scenes at times.

Poor aunt, but it was funny how the author called the more pitiful out of all the characters.

To reply you must either login or sign up.