Forum › Arknights!

Neko%20girl
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

shadow8321 posted:

Fairly certain you have to wait out the 3 days of item pickup

What item? I have 2 of that Event Crystal and never once needed to use it. When they introduced it I had all 5 events unlocked already without spending it once.

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

shadow8321 posted:

Fairly certain you have to wait out the 3 days of item pickup

What item? I have 2 of that Event Crystal and never once needed to use it. When they introduced it I had all 5 events unlocked already without spending it once.

I believe you're referring to the Information Fragments, which have nothing to do with this. What I was originally talking about is the interval of 3 to 7 days after every event for people to pick up event rewards or buy from the event shop. Have to wait that out (less than 4 days left in this case) for ToW to be available in the Side Story tab.

Neko%20girl
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

shadow8321 posted:

I believe you're referring to the Information Fragments, which have nothing to do with this. What I was originally talking about is the interval of 3 to 7 days after every event for people to pick up event rewards or buy from the event shop. Have to wait that out (less than 4 days left in this case) for ToW to be available in the Side Story tab.

Och ok, you're right. Event didn't officially ended yet cos shop is still up. Forgot about that. And no. I'm not talking about Information Fragment. When you go to Intermezzi and Side Stories tabs in terminal, where you can play past events, you got info about Event Crystals and that you get 1 every week and you can hold 2 at the time and are supposed to spend to unlock events, but I never once needed to do it. Events just unlocked by themselves.

1624496683210[1]
joined May 10, 2014

I haven't quit but I'm definitely burned out. The gacha has treated me horrendously for so long, I don't see the point of playing anymore.
The only new OP I've got since I left for college was ex wife. I just got Blaze on the Sutr banner, yeah, NOW I FECKING GET HER. That's why I'm extremely salty with AK rn.
I've done bare minimum but did get the freebie OPs at least. It's not like I got anything to use the materials on except random E2s and random masteries ¯_(ツ)_/¯

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

^It's okay Rye. Don't take it too hard. If you do keep playing, I do wish you luck that you get characters to you want. Congrats on getting Blaze tho.

New event is out! Haven't started yet since I still want to farm for mats which apparently do not drop from this event. Apparently a one and done event so I will just allocate the time for it on the weekend.

joined Apr 30, 2020

This event really tests how many ops one has owned and leveled. I realized I cannot even borrow any support other than Pallas so I cannot compensate for ops I didn't have. It was fun tho but I can see this being very hard. I'm actually glad I had April leveled to help against Frostnova. I do feel like I need more Arts Guards leveled like Astesia and Ayerscape. Maybe even more Snipers since that was my most used class in this event. All that's left for me now is to farm the currency this weekend then afterwards I can focus on mats for the Dossoles event ops.

Nevri Uploader
Neko%20girl
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

myrrhmidon posted:

This event really tests how many ops one has owned and leveled.

meanwhile Silvergun cleared entire event using only 4 stars

It's still true you need to have good amount. I just used 6,4 and 3 stars to clear Garrisons so I can save all my 5 stars on trying to beat main stage. So far cleared it quite easily with no Hymnois and after a lot of figuring out perfect timing etc with two (strategy is almost the same, so you can only watch second video). I tried beating 4 quite a bit too, but so far I didn't have too much progress on that front, since I had to revamp my entire strategy, but I have few new ideas, so we'll see.

It was fun tho but I can see this being very hard.

Honestly outside of FN, I felt Garrisons were actually kinda way too easy. And even for FN I only needed 3 OPs. I still didn't beat FIN-TS with 4 Hymnois, but that's mostly because I didn't even try and it feels like if I did and used all my 6 stars etc. it'd be way too easy. So overall I like this format of the event compare to what I experienced before, but also kinda doesn't feel as hard as I thought it'll be.

focus on mats for the Dossoles event ops.

Yea! Can't wait for this event to drop already!

last edited at Jan 1, 2022 1:32PM

Nevri Uploader
Neko%20girl
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I spend 5 days and way too much irl sanity trying to beat FIN-TS with all garrisons using only 5 stars and smallest squad possible, but after like over hundred attempts, countless tweaks and different approaches I finally managed to do it. I wasted good 3 days trying to make Caster Amiya with S2 work (helped by Warfarin buff), but it just was too hard to control and time it whenever I needed it the most. Like 1 or 2 times was easy enough, but I needed to trigger it consistently like 4 times. I thought I needed that arts dmg, but turned out I had enough dmg as is as long as I timed my skills properly. Really liked the way I used Elysium for his S2. Allowed me to replace both Meteorite's def debuff and Istina's constant slow. Also finally decided to move my lazy ass and actually edited a proper thumbnail.

Also Second Anniversary Site is here and seems like in order to get in-game bonuses we need to do stuff on it?

joined Apr 30, 2020

I spend 5 days and way too much irl sanity trying to beat FIN-TS with all garrisons using only 5 stars and smallest squad possible, but after like over hundred attempts, countless tweaks and different approaches I finally managed to do it. I wasted good 3 days trying to make Caster Amiya with S2 work (helped by Warfarin buff), but it just was too hard to control and time it whenever I needed it the most. Like 1 or 2 times was easy enough, but I needed to trigger it consistently like 4 times. I thought I needed that arts dmg, but turned out I had enough dmg as is as long as I timed my skills properly. Really liked the way I used Elysium for his S2. Allowed me to replace both Meteorite's def debuff and Istina's constant slow. Also finally decided to move my lazy ass and actually edited a proper thumbnail.

Wow you make it look easy! Also greatly appreciate the Shadow of the Colossus music. Awesome job.

Also Second Anniversary Site is here and seems like in order to get in-game bonuses we need to do stuff on it?

There's supposed to be a minigame too (cake decorating) but I couldn't access it. All I was able to do was login in that site (using the account I use to login in AK) then do the interview one for the rewards. Simple enough: just read through the interview and choose something at the end.

Also, Arknights JP Livestream waiting room is up.

joined Jul 26, 2016

There's supposed to be a minigame too (cake decorating) but I couldn't access it.

Just need to login to that page separately using any of the external bindings to your game acc (FB, Twitter, Yostar acc etc.). The FB signup kept spitting gateway errors at me tho so I had to go and bind Twitter too.

last edited at Jan 6, 2022 11:36AM

Neko%20girl
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

myrrhmidon posted:

Wow you make it look easy! Awesome job.

Thanks! That's something I learned after trying to do those clears. Figuring strategy out and learning all the timings by heart is the hardest part, but once you do, it's usually very easy to replicate, making it indeed look very easy to pull off x3

Also greatly appreciate the Shadow of the Colossus music.

Nice! I actually only ever heard good things about the game, but never played it myself. I wanted to use music from games instead cos they're much less likely to get copyright claimed (and the first song still ironically got, but at least their policy is just for ads to play in some countries and money going to OG creators, I don't like having ads at all, since I know people hate them, but I was so done with editing it at this point and didn't feel like trying to find different song, so I just went with it, most people use adblockers anyway). I wanted some epic music since event takes place in Totally-Not-Gracee and I was trying to think of what games I even know and then remembered about SOTC and figured it must have had epic music x3

There's supposed to be a minigame too (cake decorating) but I couldn't access it. All I was able to do was login in that site (using the account I use to login in AK) then do the interview one for the rewards. Simple enough: just read through the interview and choose something at the end.

Once you log in you should be able to claim your ingredients on cake page. I did it just now and also clicked share to do my duty of helping getting all the rewards (it seems you don't actually need to tweet anything, just clicking on share triggers reward already)

last edited at Jan 6, 2022 11:33PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

I did it just now and also clicked share to do my duty of helping getting all the rewards (it seems you don't actually need to tweet anything, just clicking on share triggers reward already)

That's the norm for these kinds of things, I've seen it with any number of similar campaigns in other games too. Guessing the practical technical reason is simply that the company pages can't "follow" the link you click past opening the social-media sharing interface screens and just have to take it in blind faith that you do anything more with it.

...I admit to taking certain perverse pleasure in not doing so because I kinda loathe the whole modern social media phenomenom and only use it opportunistically for this sort of stuff. >:v

Nevri Uploader
Neko%20girl
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

random posted:

That's the norm for these kinds of things, I've seen it with any number of similar campaigns in other games too. Guessing the practical technical reason is simply that the company pages can't "follow" the link you click past opening the social-media sharing interface screens and just have to take it in blind faith that you do anything more with it.

That makes sense. Then again considering how much they can spy on us using cookies and what not, you'd think making sure you actually tweet after clicking share button wouldn't be too hard.

...I admit to taking certain perverse pleasure in not doing so because I kinda loathe the whole modern social media phenomenom and only use it opportunistically for this sort of stuff. >:v

Same. I hate social media with passion.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Then again considering how much they can spy on us using cookies and what not, you'd think making sure you actually tweet after clicking share button wouldn't be too hard.

I figure Twitter and FB et al aren't keen on letting anyone ELSE harvest marketable data on their users and flatly stonewall external prying attempts. And really, it's not like the game companies have any reason to make a fuss about it - the majority of users are just going to share the stuff without a second thought like they do with everything else anyway. Grognards like Yours Truly are an irrelevant rounding error.

joined Apr 30, 2020

New from JP livestream:

Dossoles event drops on January 14! A bit sooner than I was expecting. Sadly no announcement for Eyja, Tomimi, and Angelina skins so they really will be only in the shop during the Gavial event rerun which will probably be after Dossoles.

Sora sings in her 3D model!. Her character song will also be on sale.

Neko%20girl
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

A bit late, but here is my TW-8 clear.

joined Apr 30, 2020

YES THANK YOU RNG. I would still roll for 4 more copies tho. Instant E2 and already started on mastery.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Shit so far: several copies of the QT Blenderbirb (yay!), an Eunectes dupe (why) and Sesa who I didn't have before. Sadly no QT tentacle monster with very soft armpits (definitely not Seaborn you guys) :/

Oh and Moist Ch'en I guess. Suppose I need to promote her now even though she's BAD CIVILIZATION, sunk costs and all that. .-.

On an unrelated note finally got off my lazy ass and cleared the main storyline for Guardmiya, also M3's Blaze and Flatinum S2s because ynaut. And full-cleared the new Anni because the previous one got left a little too close to deadline for comfort; revisited Lungmen Downtown while I was it since I only full-cleared it once way the fuck ago and wanted to test how Dusk would fare as the all-purpose nuker in the bottom lane (TL;DR - well but the Arts drones have enough Res and HP that without Masteries her S2 only just nails them in time). Could probably have simply plunked Rosa down there and spawncamped ALL the things mind you...

1624496683210[1]
joined May 10, 2014

Meh, still shit luck. 3 La Pluma is nice at least? 1block guards are my wives, I suppose shrug. I already wasted my yellow certs, so I'm definitely not getting anything again. Both AK and HI3 are getting too time consuming for me vs what I'm actually getting.

Maaaaaaan the web event sucks! Codes every single day? Who the duck thought that is a good idea? The rewards are almost MHY lvl for all that effort :/

The maps are nice tho, very PvZ with the lily pads and stuff.

Oh and the EN stream was a cringe fest, I think it was so bad it became enjoyable. I kinda ended up liking the dude.

Congrats on getting Blaze tho.

Bruh don't congratulate me! I already bought her from shop, that's why I'm saltier.

joined Apr 30, 2020

Meh, still shit luck. 3 La Pluma is nice at least? 1block guards are my wives, I suppose shrug. I already wasted my yellow certs, so I'm definitely not getting anything again. Both AK and HI3 are getting too time consuming for me vs what I'm actually getting.

La Pluma is only 1 block at E0. She's actually 2 block. Really good and cute too

Congrats on getting Blaze tho.

Bruh don't congratulate me! I already bought her from shop, that's why I'm saltier.

Oh sorry. I thought that was the first time. Well uh 1 DP cheaper to deploy at least.

There's still like 10 more daily free rolls and maybe EN will get the 10 roll ticket that JP got for topping sales. Hopefully you can still get a 6 star. Feeling bad on bad RNG is understandable tho. It's what I'm recently feeling towards Priconne after failing to get New Years Yui. I'm just logging in now hoping to slowly gather more rolls for the future.

Meanwhile in AK, I think I will just wait until the last day before throwing the rest of my rolls for hopefully max pot Ch'en. Might even buy a Bagpipe dupe (who will be in the cert store soon) from all the yellow certs I will probably get. But also, with Gavial rerun likely next, I do want to max pot Eunectes for waifu reasons. I am actually glad the events got shuffled so I can use up my rolls for the limited banner first.

joined Apr 30, 2020

SPOILERS for the upcoming story content in CN: Theresa!

Can't wait to see what happens. At the very least W's reaction would be something which was also teased from last year's PV.

CN New Years event also revealed new ops: new limited 6 star Ling and finally the last member of Lee's Detective Agency, Lee himself who is a 6 star version of Jaye's archetype and it looks like he's gonna be strong. There's also a 3D animated PV that looks really great.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Going by the translations on GP their kits are pretty interesting, particularly Ling's weird summoner variant of Dusk's stack mech and S3 making her summons do a damn Fusion Dance lmao. Lee's S2 reads like total meme material when combined with something like say Ash/Archetto/The Lord Tachanka S2, Charge Caster S1s or just Exu in general...

But never mind that because HOLY SHIT MAMA KROOS IS COMING :o

To reply you must either login or sign up.