Forum › The Sound of Bells discussion

joined Jul 13, 2011

Ah, this was a really enjoyable read. Art is great as well. It's always nice to see a little bit of Sakuya's hidden tenderness towards Meiling.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

What a great story! Such wonderful art, great action scenes and comedy, and the winter outfits are lovely to see (I love it when artists change the outfits up a bit). Seeing Cirno get to be awesome for once is also a treat. I enjoyed this considerably

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm gonna go ahead and suggest Meiling x Sakuya and Aya x Momiji for tags. Feel free to shoot me down mercilessly.

I suppose there's subtext for both, but the story seems to go out of its way to avoid mentioning any romance between either pairing. I'd personally say no.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm gonna go ahead and suggest Meiling x Sakuya and Aya x Momiji for tags. Feel free to shoot me down mercilessly.

I suppose there's subtext for both, but the story seems to go out of its way to avoid mentioning any romance between either pairing. I'd personally say no.

You need to be more merciless in your shooting-down.

Oh sure, let's see you be merciless after reading this story.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Also, I should probably mention that I often do things like this after I get home from long work shifts, and I'm typically half-asleep and/or slightly buzzed. So, y'know, I miss a lot of details, and am quick to jump to conclusions.
Y'know.

Things like what? Shooting-down or critiquing people's shooting-down techniques?

Don't leave me hangin', I've gotta know!!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Also, I should probably mention that I often do things like this after I get home from long work shifts, and I'm typically half-asleep and/or slightly buzzed. So, y'know, I miss a lot of details, and am quick to jump to conclusions.
Y'know.

Things like what? Shooting-down or critiquing people's shooting-down techniques?

Don't leave me hangin', I've gotta know!!

Things like everything. Ever.

Nah, I meant things like pairing suggestions. Like, "This story had Sakuya and Meiling getting along! It must ship them!" So, in other words, I'm admitting that this was all a bad idea.
...Then again, if I had good ideas, I wouldn't be Parnifia the Bastard, now would I?

Well, if your parents weren't married you'd be a Bastard regardless of your ideas...

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Also, I'm pretty sure you know what I mean by "Bastard."

You killed Kenny?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It takes a hand and a half to wield you in battle?

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

In light of recent tagging conventions, would it make sense to add those two tags? What does it mean when a work is tagged with pairings but not with the yuri tag? Particularly with subtext essentially removed from the tag toolkit.
(Seems it's more of a thematic thing without the yuri tag. This one could go either way for MeiSaku then.)

last edited at Oct 20, 2018 11:32AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nezchan posted:

It takes a hand and a half to wield you in battle?

Should probably at least take someone out to dinner first before doing that though, lol.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Perfect mix of gags and action.

Nekona Shirofumi
joined Mar 30, 2021

huh...anyways mima!!

Sem%20t%c3%adtulo
joined Jul 10, 2020

Very long and super good, perfect combination.

To reply you must either login or sign up.