Forum › GALAXY HEART discussion

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I was surprised that the intro pages also seemed to follow the mother Peach theory, but maybe that's just all princess designs being rather similar. At least I'm plently sure Luigi isn't the father lol

That aside, this was adorable. Peach might have moved a bit too fast, but after 80+ kidnappings you just want an emotional anchor.
I never really considered how lonely Rosie/Roze must have been growing up with only the Lumas, being forced to act like a mother from early on.

For some reason it's really funny to me when "localizers" stubbornly insist on needlessly changing the characters' names when "localizing" into English. Oh, did I say funny? I meant angering.

That aside, Eromame's return was worth waiting for. Thanks for your work - and for preserving the actual original names, Shousanki.

You can make that argument before it's localized, not after. 99% of English speaking children grew up with "Rosalina" and "Luma". The Japanese won't read these translations, so this helps literally nobody.

Now I'm not complaining about the translation, goodness gracious, it's just that the idea not to go with the localized names is relatively twisted. It's not like the Mario games are obscure manga that were fan-translated first and then localized years later with changed names. This stuff was around day 1. This choice causes mild confusion at best.

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

For some reason it's really funny to me when "localizers" stubbornly insist on needlessly changing the characters' names when "localizing" into English. Oh, did I say funny? I meant angering.

Tell that to Kamesenin Mutenroshi. It’s not like this is a new phenomenon. Localizations are meant to be familiar, if they have established English names, a translation for an English speaking audience should use them.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Localizations are meant to be familiar, if they have established English names, a translation for an English speaking audience should use them.

For mainstream games, at least, since those are the ones even the most diehard of weebs are familiar is. It'd be a different issue for a doujin of a series that's received a dub (eg. I probably wouldn't translate a Smile Precure doujin with Glitter Force names).

Large
joined Nov 25, 2018

Good

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Mama~!

Adorable.

Dynasty-edited-winter-pharm
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 29, 2010

They really should have used the english names.

To reply you must either login or sign up.