Forum › FGO - Friends - Memes/Art/Yuri - Tips/Strats - etc

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Edited OP since cirnopedia has been dead for months.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

https://fategrandorder.fandom.com/wiki/Fate/Grand_Order_Wikia is the best and the only one that seems to be keeping up to date.

Also after FGO update again ruined emulators I stopped using Nox. Now I play on https://www.bluestacks.com/ every since I installed it never once there was issue with it, so it seems it's update-proof.

last edited at Jun 14, 2020 8:55AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Added it!
I tried an emu for AL, it's called Leapdroid. I haven't tried it with FGO so I won't add it yet.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I like your new avatar xP

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Thanks! Sandy is pretty great, isn't she?

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Cirnopedia is still useful for NA content (especially when searching for which units appear in which quests for master mission purposes) since we're two years behind JP.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Now that Lip got her buff I'm going to use her a heck of a lot more.
I don't think I'm rolling on summer 2 rerun even if I want Raikou. Skadi is too close now.

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Well I'm now off to work on the Salem singularity. Hopefully it won't be too hard given my team of high leveled and skilled servants.

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Today I got my first copy of Tamamo no Mae (caster) and my first copy of Rider of the Resistance. I guess my luck in this game is much better than it is in Magia Record at the moment. :)

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Today I got my first copy of Tamamo no Mae (caster)

I'm not jealous...

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Finished editing Izo solo. Nothing really special to add, he was pretty easy and straightforward to defeat.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^ it was even easier with Illya tbh.

I'm doing Agartha rn cuz I got bored of it the first time. Honestly the story isn't good but the Astolfo+D'eon cosplay was 10/10. WHY WON'T DW RELEASE THAT MAID COSTUME?! REEEEEEEEEE

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Rye posted:

^ it was even easier with Illya tbh.

Obviously, since she's single target xP

I'm doing Agartha rn cuz I got bored of it the first time.

Agartha and Shimousa were actually my 2 favorites. I thought they were the best sub-singularities. Shinjuku had some great moments, but a lot of wasted potential and plot didn't make a lot of sense and Salem was boring af and was incredibly frustrating to play.

Honestly the story isn't good but the Astolfo+D'eon cosplay was 10/10. WHY WON'T DW RELEASE THAT MAID COSTUME?! REEEEEEEEEE

I do agree on costumes. DW really should release them more often, but they won't, because they need to keep illusion of content and tie those to actual events etc.

last edited at Jun 22, 2020 9:13AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Agartha and Shimousa were actually my 2 favorites.

Really? I liked the Nightless city part but the finale was incredibly disappointing, everything about the resistance and ShotaFergus bore me. The fact that I don't like Rider's historical figure doesn't help.
I haven't started Shimousa because I thought I'd start after Agartha...had to finish Salem for stake farming and...

Salem was boring af and was incredibly frustrating to play.

I liked the lvl limit tbh. I always found (real)witches trials interesting so I didn't get bored. Oh wait, the plays were pretty boring.

...plot didn't make a lot of sense...

Fate/ not making sense? What's new? I stopped taking Fate/ stories seriously a long time ago because when I do, I get irrationally angry. That's why I like events and the silly stuff. F/Z is the only exception

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Rye posted:

Really? I liked the Nightless city part but the finale was incredibly disappointing, everything about the resistance and ShotaFergus bore me. The fact that I don't like Rider's historical figure doesn't help.

Well I wasn't turned off but parts that people considered PrObLeMaTiC and after Shinjuku I just enjoyed the fact that entire story made sense from start to finish. Also Astolfo and D'eon are ones of my favorite characters, so them being central servants was nice. Caster's shenanigans were pretty funny and singularity really endeared her to me as a character. I never knew that Rider was such asshole in real life. All I knew was his biggest discovery. So I wasn't bothered with him and after twist I had no issue with switching to hating him. I liked Fergus Lily and found the entire thing pretty funny and even cute. The story had good pacing and interesting fights/parts, but probably the most important element, that Shinjuku did terrible job at, was actually exploring and focusing on new servants. We spent enough time with them to actually learn about them and understand their motivations.

I liked the lvl limit tbh. I always found (real)witches trials interesting so I didn't get bored. Oh wait, the plays were pretty boring.

Oh I didn't actually mean the lvl limit. In fact I completely forgot about it. What I meant was that reading through story was incredibly frustrating, because entire time I was screaming at monitor what everyone is doing is stupid, but they ignored me so they kept being passive entire time. Never before I felt so frustrated and like I had no influence over the story. From the very beginning it was clear that killing people off is not good and ever time people are executed things get worse. Yet until the very end Gudako and co. was just watching it all happen and not doing anything, despite things getting more and more out of control. And when after not doing anything entire time, shit finally hits the fan, they all make surprised Pikachu face as if they couldn't see that coming. The story of Abigail etc. was good, introduction of Circe was good, but the fact Chaldea took dumb pill for entire singularity really took a lot out of it. And the fact half of it was reading. A lot of reading. Despite being relatively short, there was so much reading it took me forever to finish and it felt so long. And the worst part of it were plays. I actually didn't mind them and they were interesting idea (again unlike MR, FGO trying to find ways to add battles that makes sense in context of the story). My issue with them was that they were incredibly boring and they took them way too seriously. The best one was actually 3 little Jeannes, because they had fun with it and it was hilarious. All of them should be like that.

...plot didn't make a lot of sense...

Fate/ not making sense? What's new? I stopped taking Fate/ stories seriously a long time ago because when I do, I get irrationally angry. That's why I like events and the silly stuff. F/Z is the only exception

Oh don't get me wrong. I gave up on understanding Fate logic and lore ages ago. Whenever during singularities/events we got exposition and I read sentence twice and still couldn't understand it or didn't know how it tied up to everything else that happened in the story, I simply turned my brain off and stopped caring reading forward. So far that approach worked. That doesn't stop me from initially trying to follow the story, so when for the most part it does make sense and then suddenly it doesn't, that's the most frustrating, because I at least can understand how it doesn't make sense (if that makes sense stares).

Anyway, with Shinjuku my issue was that while Salter x Jalter moments were great, we learned nothing about Emiya and Assassin. The only servant we really learned anything about was Avenger. In fact they introduced that whole Phantom Spirits concept (which is another whole can of worms on its own) and then they didn't really use it. I mean what is fiction and was is real is already shaky in Fate. After all technically all the heroes and legends and gods are not real here, but in Fate they apparently really existed and are real people. But ok, we got that concept of servants made from fiction, but they are weak and need to be combined. That's how they explained Avenger. But then we got Assassin, that is also fiction, but he's alone, despite being Phantom Spirit and didn't need anyone to be combined with? Not to mention we learned nothing about him and in fact he came off as complete psycho on verge of insanity. I know we got Sherlock introduced before as a proper heroic spirit and there's also obviously Archer, but I thought they also should be Phantom Spirits, which would fit perfectly. Sherlock could be together with Watson and maybe somehow find a way to elevate himself into proper Heroic Spirit. And you have Archer. The whole, I gave myself amnesia so I'll befriend you and can use my ability to bring meteor down the earth. I'm sorry what? First off all, so splitting your good self from bad self and giving yourself amnesia is just a ability anyone possess just like that? And then, while his 7th bullet was supposed to hit the thing he holds dear, it was supposed to be something he himself shot. Not just randomly grabbing a nearby meteor to toss it onto earth, because he wished for it. This entire plan was so convoluted I couldn't even. You know what would be much easier and better explanation? The one I thought they'll be going for after all the set up with Phantom Spirits? That the one we're against is the twin. Sure it was a cheap way to bring back his greatest nemesis after he was "resurrected" to keep writing novels, but it's still canon and is part of the story now. I was sure they'll use that rushed twist to their advantage and we'll help Archer defeat his brother, because they had disagreement or something. And that would explain why he could be summoned despite being fictional, cos he was summoned with his brother. And at the end we could have something happen that allows him to ascend to being proper Heroic Spirit, and that'd explain why he has fond spot for us or something. But since they didn't go with that, the whole Phantom Spirits was plot was pretty much pointless and they could remove it and just explain that was unique thing Avenger did to get summoned. Or they could keep it, but say only he is Phantom Spirit and give Assassin a proper explanation and part in story. Either way, that's my issue with Shinjiku, so when I played Agartha and it all made perfect sense and I could follow and understand plot without any hard work, it was really nice change. And similar with Shimousa, it's really good, because we spend time with characters, it's well placed, has interesting parts/twists and entire story is understandable. 1 more thing about Salem, while I mostly followed the general idea of what Pillar was trying to achieve there, I still didn't really exactly understand all the details, but once the cthulhu god showed up and some alien guy took Abi away, I just gave up. In general I don't understand how the hell those foreign gods tie in and work with Fate setting and if they're supposed to be relevant for Lostbelts or not. Same.

last edited at Jun 22, 2020 12:31PM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

What a nice rant. Overly cynical critical analisis, my favourite!

the fact Chaldea took dumb pill for entire singularity really took a lot out of it.

Yep! Super dumb. But I kinda turned off my brain after the 2nd execution.
What about the fact that they fecking LIED to the player? That "oh if you die here the servant will never be the same" or how about Caster just coming back with no explanation? She just goes "Tehee I'm back" then when asked she just says "not now". Then Henri just gives up? It's like the writer wanted to have someone actually die but they couldn't execute your entire party and picked the poor fecker as the sacrificial lamb. Wasn't poor Lavinia enough?
I'm getting angry thinking about the story again. I'll stop. Been a while so I hope I'm not miss remembering this stuff.

I'm at the Herc/Penth fight in the river but I'm not surprised by your spoilers lol.
I find Fergus incredibly generic unlike his older (funier?) weird self.
Of course I love Astolfo+D'eon combo too, but they didn't have interesting dialogue until like node 8.

Oh and the aliens? Just remember History channel aliens guy and you'll be less angry when you think about it.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Rye posted:

What a nice rant. Overly cynical critical analisis, my favourite!

Haha xD I see next proof we're the same person xP

That "oh if you die here the servant will never be the same" or how about Caster just coming back with no explanation? She just goes "Tehee I'm back" then when asked she just says "not now".

I didn't even bothered to try understand how it works at this point.

Then Henri just gives up? It's like the writer wanted to have someone actually die but they couldn't execute your entire party and picked the poor fecker as the sacrificial lamb. Wasn't poor Lavinia enough?

Yea, in general Henri was annoying me most of the story, especially how he was acting at the end. But yup, that's why I said I didn't like the singularity as a whole.

Been a while so I hope I'm not miss remembering this stuff.

Oh, don't worry. I barely remember any finer details as well.

I find Fergus incredibly generic unlike his older (funier?) weird self.

Nothing wrong with that. I enjoyed the contrast with his adult self and seeing how he was afraid of women when he was young and in general how innocent and pure he was, was pretty funny to me.

Oh and the aliens? Just remember History channel aliens guy and you'll be less angry when you think about it.

Fair point x3

Again, nothing special, but he was soloable so it was matter of principal.

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Keep in mind what characters in-universe believe to be true and what actually is true is not necessarily the same thing. In Salem for instance it's possible the characters believed that if a servant died they'd never be the same again even if that actually wasn't true.

On another note, I really like the auto-repeat quest feature that was added with the recent update. It really helps a lot when grinding stages- in particular the Chaldea Gate dalies which I'm working on till the weekend to power up my new servants.

Edit: Now I rolled Sigurd but no Valkyrie...

Edit 2: I spent a few more SQ later and finally got my Valkyrie. It took me over 200 SQ to get both of them. I don't know if I'll have enough to get MHXX without spending money...

Edit 3: Ishtar (Rider) also hit bond level 7 and Emiya archer bond level 5. Have removed my Emiya and put another character in his place for now...

Edit 4: I forgot I got my first copy of the Black Grail today.

last edited at Jun 24, 2020 1:42AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Haha xD I see next proof we're the same person xP

LMAO

Again, nothing special, but he was soloable so it was matter of principal.

No crits? Nice ex-luck Kappa.

On another note, I really like the auto-repeat quest feature that was added with the recent update. It really helps a lot when grinding stages- in particular the Chaldea Gate dalies which I'm working on till the weekend to power up my new servants.

I...thought it was an auto battle feature at first...as a AL/AK player I'm extremely disappointed.
It's still pretty convenient, I guess. Less loading screens.

Edit 2: I spent a few more SQ later and finally got my Valkyrie. It took me over 200 SQ to get both of them. I don't know if I'll have enough to get MHXX without spending money...

Big OOF
I'm not rolling. My Np3 Sumanai is good enough and I'll get Valks with the free 4* ticket or get another Parvãti if I get Skadi

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Sakura Cartelet posted:

Keep in mind what characters in-universe believe to be true and what actually is true is not necessarily the same thing. In Salem for instance it's possible the characters believed that if a servant died they'd never be the same again even if that actually wasn't true.

Well I read it at clear attempt at raising the stakes for player, which then they immediately backtracked on.

On another note, I really like the auto-repeat quest feature that was added with the recent update.

Yea, it makes farming much smoother and in fact it's even better than the one MR has. In general we finally got a lot of updates that were long overdue.

Edit: Now I rolled Sigurd but no Valkyrie...

I'm in no rush to roll Valkyries, especially since they're unlimited and I don't really care about Sigurd, but I wouldn't mind dropping Brynhild, so if I'm going to throw some quartz, it'll be on her rate up.

Rye posted:

No crits? Nice ex-luck Kappa.

Well enemy lancers on default have only 10% chance to crit and Bride gives 20% crit chance down for 5 turns with her NP, so once I hit him with that, I was pretty much guarantee to not see any crits.

I...thought it was an auto battle feature at first...as a AL/AK player I'm extremely disappointed.

Yea, MR really spoiled me with it too, but sadly they most likely will never add it to FGO. They want us to experience the game after all.

It's still pretty convenient, I guess. Less loading screens.

It streamlines farming significantly, so I'm not complaining.

last edited at Jun 24, 2020 9:25AM

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

@Rye Keep in mind both Valkyrie and Parvati serve similar functions gameplay-wise. They are quick servants with a quick NP. Since you've already got Parvati at NP3 there's probably no gameplay reason to need Valkyrie too. I don't have Parvati in my Chaldea but I do have NP1 Valkyie. I do have some decent quick supports for her (Rider Ishtar, Wu Zetian, Osakabehime) and other good quick units like Ridetoki and Jack so that's another plus for her.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Well enemy lancers on default have only 10% chance to crit and Bride gives 20% crit chance down for 5 turns with her NP, so once I hit him with that, I was pretty much guarantee to not see any crits.

It was a bit of a joke cuz my Nero got one shot crit'd. I mentioned it before. Full team < Nero solo.

@Rye Keep in mind both Valkyrie and Parvati serve similar functions gameplay-wise. They are quick servants with a quick NP. Since you've already got Parvati at NP3 there's probably no gameplay reason to need Valkyrie too. I don't have Parvati in my Chaldea but I do have NP1 Valkyie. I do have some decent quick supports for her (Rider Ishtar, Wu Zetian, Osakabehime) and other good quick units like Ridetoki and Jack so that's another plus for her.

My Parvãti is NP1 though. Where did ya see an np3? The np3 I mentioned is Siegfried(Sumanai-kun).
Oh and Valk is more Skadi dependent when it comes to looping.

last edited at Jun 25, 2020 9:05AM

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Really? I guess that what happens when I reply late at night. Still the fact that they're both quick servants stands. Anyway I hope to max out my Ryouma today and maybe Lu Bu. Hopefully the anniversary will give a reset on the mana prism shop like other big events in the game have in the past. I really want to use the All XP cards on my Okita Alter to work towards level 90.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Rye posted:

It was a bit of a joke cuz my Nero got one shot crit'd. I mentioned it before. Full team < Nero solo.

Oh, my bad. I totally forgot about it x3

Oh and Valk is more Skadi dependent when it comes to looping.

If by "more" you mean "is useless without" then yes. And you still need at least np2 for them to be good at it.

Sakura Cartelet posted:

Still the fact that they're both quick servants stands.

You could still want them just because you like them as a servant. Who plays FGO for meta and gameplay anyway stares.

Hopefully the anniversary will give a reset on the mana prism shop like other big events in the game have in the past.

It should.

Ok, so last one from story part. I think I actually could pull it off with Bride as well and maybe I'd even win it faster. I actually tried to solo Medusa as well, and I'd totally did it if game didn't show me middle finger after all my efforts. After spending 2 days fighting bad rng, I finally had perfect run. There was a lot of factors, but the most important one was to time my skills with breaking her bar, so I could wait their cooldowns while they're sealed anyway. I could cleanse it, but because she uses her stun twice and chance for it to miss/guard is low, I much preferred to save cleanse for when I really need to remove stun, but I still also could use it to cleanse skill seal in emergency. I really liked it, because it was giving my run a lot of flexibility and especially with how unreliable Imperial Privilege is, the less rng I need to deal with, the better. So the skill seal wears off and my skills recharged... 1 second. We deal with skill seal so rarely and it's usually 1 second, I never really paid attention to the fact that it fucking stops your skills from recharging. On one hand, it makes sense, cos that's how NP seal works on enemies. They can't use NP but also don't charge their bar while they're affected by it and player has advantage, cos they can charge NP like normal, just can't use it. The thing is, it's nowhere near fair when applied to skill seal, cos enemies can use them every turn, while we have huge cooldowns, so 3 second skill seal and then losing additional 2 turns of skill recharging is just 1 huge pill of bullshit. After that I tried with saving cleanse for skill seal, but I kinda lost motivation at this point and I wasn't even guarantee that I could pull it off if I got perfect rng again. I think I would do it back then, but without cleansing at least 1 stun, I'd be losing too much damage and hoping for it to not land wasn't realistic, cos at this point I could as well play lottery instead.

Oh, also I did challenge quest as well I guess...

last edited at Jun 27, 2020 11:30AM

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

I guess you don't have access to Abigail then? With two Abigails (and Mash) in my party that boss fight was trivial in difficulty. I didn't do the Challenge Quest though... not enough motivation to waste my time on that one.

I really need to start working on the new singularity so I can qualify myself for the eventual event with Shuten Caster as the welfare (yes another Caster Welfare this year).

Also I want to do the Fate/Accel Zero event this year since I missed the original run of it due to joining the game only in December of 2018.

To reply you must either login or sign up.