Forum › Bato.to Ending

Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

So, Bato.to is closing down shop...

I'm in no way affiliated with either Bato or any of the Scanlators therein, but would Dynasty be interested in picking up the mantle? I mean you've got a really neat reader going for you, an already established site and community, not to mention a rather good working relationship with some other Scanlators already.

I'm sure it would be a bit of a massive undertaking, at the moment I'm just more interested in putting out feelers to try and still my own sadness over the matter.

last edited at Jan 7, 2018 4:55PM

GendoIkari Uploader
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Well that kinda sucks. This was my go to for non-yuri and stuff that takes a while for Dynasty to add (cough Ayane and Amane chapters cough)

edit: Apparently the other staff members are backing up everything, so a backup may show up for this just like when Nyaa was died.

last edited at Jan 7, 2018 5:38PM

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

F

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

It will be a huge lost for most people, I hope the rest of the staff is willing to take the responsibility, it's a big site... Variety, quality, speed, community... My list T-T I don't want to lose them.

That is depressing. That was one of my top two websites. All non-yuri comics were read on that site. I guess I will have to go back to monitoring mangaupdate.com .

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

Doujinstyle, now this? God I hate my life.

joined Jun 19, 2016

I must admit for the past year or so I've been doing the vast (VAST) majority of my manga reading here on Dynasty, but Batoto was the spot for literally everything else.

Sad to see it go, what a fucking legend that place was (still is, I guess).

Also, please never die Dynasty...

joined Jan 16, 2016

pretty ridiculous.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Why is it clossing? A monetary issue? Real life issues that leave no time for admin the page? Legal issues? If it's the first or the second there's still hope that someone else can take over the page...

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Why is it clossing? A monetary issue? Real life issues that leave no time for admin the page? Legal issues? If it's the first or the second there's still hope that someone else can take over the page...

http://bato.to/forums/topic/28840-batoto-will-be-closing-permanently/

To reply you must either login or sign up.