Forum › Black Lily and White Lily discussion

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Oh wow this is still ongoing. lol
Also, am I the only one who thinks Yuri and Lily look vaguely similar to Jabami and Mary?

last edited at Oct 10, 2018 12:25AM

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I don't think this an adolescent boys fantasy it's be pretty much open at that point. Anyway this manga is weird and strange. I like it. It's like visiting a strange world for well...awhile judging by how much time passes in this manga. It's not realistic but in my opinion that's not a bad thing. I do like that the artist is a man. I mean yuri shouldn't be written only by women anyway. That would be so boring and stagnant. Well that's my opinion on this manga. I look forward to it ending.

Yuri written by a man feels like a lie.

A) It's fiction.

B) At least some of the female artists we all know and love are possibly men writing under femenine pen names, so, y'know.

C) Human beings are, in rare cases, capable of empathizing and writing characters that are fundamentally different from themselves. There are almost certainly men who write good yuri and women who write good yaoi, and everything inbetween.

D) This author is not any of that. Oh my god this author is SO NOT any of that. I'm telling you: Space alien.

You make good points. Well except, I have a hard time telling gender, by japanese names, anyway. I rely on the authors' baka-updates bio page to give me their genders'. It still doesn't change the fact that yuri written by a man feels like a lie, to me. I can't help it, it's just how I feel. I evidently am not the only one. Male yuri writers must be using feminine pen names for some reason.
I don't know if the author is an alien or not not, but he is definitely out of touch with his subject matter.

last edited at Oct 10, 2018 12:41AM

joined Aug 28, 2016

Even though this hasn't been updated here since the end of volume 2, the scanlator's kept working on the last two volumes and the final chapter just got uploaded elsewhere a couple of days ago. Then again, considering the general reaction to the series, maybe it's for the best that it's not here.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Yeah this one is just hot garbage. The story apparently set out to do absolutely every crappy yuri trope or perpetuate misinformation about "how lesbians work". (Seriously, I despise the whole "still a virgin even though we've totally been naked together and have been getting each other off in every other way imaginable aside from penetration" nonsense. And don't get me started about how so many authors seem to have no idea what a hymen really is, what it looks like, and how that bit of anatomy works in general...)

Plus the art is just... strange. I mean, who wants consistent character appearances or correct perspective?

last edited at Jun 4, 2019 3:26AM

joined Jan 3, 2020

The art is strange and not in a good way, but it isn't enough to stop me from reading it. The love arcs are very quick, unfortunately. Otherwise, it's decent.

LiteralIdiot
joined Mar 2, 2020

This one was so bad. The beginning seemed promising-ish and it just started derailing from that point. The art style freaks me out a bit to be honest and I dont know how there isnt a “Drama” tag on it. The pacing of the story was all out of wack and Sakura kept turning up as a problem character no matter the situation. It was indeed one of the worst things I have read

Fvfiwsgb_400x400
joined Apr 15, 2020

did nlt like it

joined Dec 5, 2021

I may come out as an annoying person but listen,
I read the first chapter and wasn't a big fan of it, but tried to give it a chance and read the second. But, the fact that the author made a church to be a dating place and to lewd stuff really made me feel....uncomfortable..?
Like, why is it a church? It's a bit disrespectful to use a sacred or a holy place like that. (Christian or any other religion, it should be respected

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I may come out as an annoying person but listen,
I read the first chapter and wasn't a big fan of it, but tried to give it a chance and read the second. But, the fact that the author made a church to be a dating place and to lewd stuff really made me feel....uncomfortable..?
Like, why is it a church? It's a bit disrespectful to use a sacred or a holy place like that. (Christian or any other religion, it should be respected

Keep reading—the church thing will be the least of your worries.

To reply you must either login or sign up.