suddenly Serious Business ಠ╭╮ಠ

"Suddenly"??

Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

suddenly Serious Business ಠ╭╮ಠ

( Making games is hard. )- ד_ד

last edited at Sep 28, 2017 5:24AM

joined Jan 21, 2015

Tamaki's Electra complex creeps me out, but on the other hand, her obsession with middle-aged men gives us some really good absurd comedy... Silver lining I guess?

It's been great to have so many chapters to read. Props to the scanlation group for working so fast, and for translating the blog posts from the Houbunsha website!

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

RIP hopeful who wanted to join the Club, shouted out the door before anyone could realise what they'd turned away

Hopeful-chan made a surprise re-appearance! What a shocker!

Giggle
joined Jul 23, 2017

Tamaki's Electra complex creeps me out, but on the other hand, her obsession with middle-aged men gives us some really good absurd comedy... Silver lining I guess?

It's been great to have so many chapters to read. Props to the scanlation group for working so fast, and for translating the blog posts from the Houbunsha website!

I wouldn't really say she has an Electra complex, she just loves her papa.

I'm glad you enjoy the blog posts. It never would have occurred to me to do them, so credit for that goes to the translator. I'm learning how to edit webpages as a result. There's a fun game on the Stella website somewhere, but I never got very far playing it (it's hard).

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Welp, there is a certain point where delusion stops being funny and becomes obnoxious.

Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

Well, actual credit for that goes to a Stella fan I know who pointed me to the blog, which I didn't even realize existed. And it turned out to be pretty plot-relevant, even if mostly as a side show. It's actually a shame the blog hasn't been updated since the airing of the anime.

last edited at Sep 29, 2017 6:52AM

joined Jan 21, 2015

Yeah, the blog is fun already as a bonus but the added insight into various story events makes it worth reading, so I'm really glad you guys are taking the time to translate it.

I need to give the game a try some time...

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

That's some hardcore method performance there, damn. Ayame was the most meh character among the main cast for me until now, but this chapters changed my entire mental image of her...

joined Jul 26, 2016

Yumine best girl. Am fact.

So it's all but spelled out Minaha is Iino's lil' sis huh. Wonder if they're twins or one of those "born almost a year apart" deals?

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

My old computer has survived worse falls than that

joined May 24, 2014

My old computer has survived worse falls than that

They don't make'em as they used to

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Shiina's mom supports Shiina x Tamaki. :3

joined Jan 21, 2015

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/magic_of_stella_ch21#9
There's been a lot of online debate/discourse/wank about video game tutorials lately and I think Murakami/the author sums up nicely how a good tutorial should be like. It's a good first impression, too—if a game messes up that early, it doesn't bode well for later levels.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Teru-sempai is still the best sempai. Also, my radar is picking up Teru x Shiina waves the entire time...

joined Jan 21, 2015

I love how Teru is like a weird fairy who can pop up any time, anywhere, and provide support or lend an ear. I wonder if she ever goes to class, though.

The anime stopped at the beach chapter. People who don't feel like going over the same material twice could pick up the manga from the next chapter, although I think the adaptation was different enough to make a comparison worth it.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I love how Teru is like a weird fairy who can pop up any time, anywhere, and provide support or lend an ear. I wonder if she ever goes to class, though.

That's the beauty of college life: you don't have to attend classes, as long as you're prepared to crunch for exams... or are really, really good. My guess is that Teru is the latter, she has that air about her of a person who is ridiculously good at anything she tries her hand at.

joined Jan 21, 2015

That's the beauty of college life: you don't have to attend classes, as long as you're prepared to crunch for exams... or are really, really good. My guess is that Teru is the latter, she has that air about her of a person who is ridiculously good at anything she tries her hand at.

I tried doing that one year... Would not recommend! Being good would probably have helped.

But Teru has been surprisingly reliable so far. Sure, she's flighty and unpredictable, but she has been able to give Tamaki good advice when she was feeling down. I think she could be the type of college student who pulls this off.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

But Teru has been surprisingly reliable so far. Sure, she's flighty and unpredictable, but she has been able to give Tamaki good advice when she was feeling down. I think she could be the type of college student who pulls this off.

Well, we didn't have to wait long, did we. :D As evident from the current chapter, Teru is exactly that type of person.

Also, that energy. I've only known a few people with this kind of energy to them, and those were the most productive work relationships in my entire life...

joined Jan 21, 2015

Well, we didn't have to wait long, did we. :D As evident from the current chapter, Teru is exactly that type of person.

She'd probably have to be extra talented and charismatic, now that we know she had to deal with a socially anxious programmer and an (initially) hostile composer! That was quite the bumpy start for the club.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Kayo the Ladykiller, going right for the nerdy girl route. XD Can't blame her, though, Shiina has always been criminally adorable....

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

That punchline, tho. "As soon as you quit your hikkikomori ways, you'll become a fujioshi." XD

EDIT: Ooof, asking the real questions there, Tamaki. Also, it is 100% true that if you want to design fun virtual gameplay, your best source of inspiration are board games.

last edited at Dec 8, 2017 4:25AM

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Looks like the mother has the yuri goggles

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Shipper moms are best moms

To reply you must either login or sign up.