Forum › Sono Hitokoto wa Hajime no Ippo discussion

joined Mar 13, 2016

lovely, hopefully we will get a sequel

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

Boop

Gumi%203
joined May 7, 2016

i thought this was gonna be about boxing but then i realized hajime no ippo just means "the first step"

Nws
joined Jul 1, 2014

Boxing yuri sounds amazing though

joined Aug 23, 2013

There are 3 sequels to this... I hope they get scanned and translated too.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I dunno much about this IP but Djeeta doesn't exist in the anime right? She is the MC if you choose to play as a female?
And the anime stupidly went with a male MC?

And the game is ios/android only game you have to buy unlocks with real money etc?

I assume nothing develops between the female MC and any other girl in the game? I heard she becomes life bound to another girl, whatever that means.

last edited at Jun 18, 2017 10:15AM

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

I dunno much about this IP but Djeeta doesn't exist in the anime right? She is the MC if you choose to play as a female?
And the anime stupidly went with a male MC?

And the game is ios/android only game you have to buy unlocks with real money etc?

I assume nothing develops between the female MC and any other girl in the game? I heard she becomes life bound to another girl, whatever that means.

So at the beginning of the game you meet Lyria, while protecting her from a guy named Pommern (Pommeryn? I forget it's been a while since I last saw him.) who wants to lock her up in the name of the Erste empire for experimentation you end up getting fucking murdered by his Hydra summon. Lyria basically goes "Fuck no" and binds you to her so that you live but this has the consequence of neither being able to be very far from each other.

Gran is technically the canonical protagonist but the game will change some dialogue if you play as Djeeta instead.

It's definitely possible to play the game without spending any money and they give a lot of free stuff out to everyone (currently there's a free draw every day). Spending money allows you to get cute outfits, pick characters, and/or get extra rolls without spending crystals.

While there isn't much romance for the protagonist there are several characters that canonically pair up or are interested in each other. Some of the yuri includes, Vira likes Katalina (and is totally Yandere for her), Orchis, Appollonia, and Orchid all like each other, I got a maid who's definitely after Lyria a while back, and Freesia is super into Orchis' mom which has some interesting consequences to it. (Not technically a romance but I found it hilarious Nene mistakes the protagonist for her vanished husband- even if you're playing as Djeeta, and when Lyria points it out "Captain's a girl though!" and Nene grumbles that that's something she's pretty sure her husband would do to try and get away from her)

Frankly all the characters are really fun and have their own personalities so it's a lot of fun to level them up since you get to see more of their story.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I disagree that Gran is "canon", because it makes no sense in this series (and I don't like the term, anyway, since it's fiction to begin with). The anime is clearly not connected with the game, the PS4 game is confirmed to be an alternate reality than the mobile game, so what makes Gran's journey the canon one? It's just different stories.
But yeah, he's the default protagonist, and I wish they would change the start of the game so we can start with Djeeta as well, but I guess they're too lazy for that.
Funny thing is that Djeeta is the most popular character, being the one most used by players. So the decision in using Gran is just a stupid tendency to be traditional.

On the yuri side, beside all said above, there's some character who have a interest in the protagonist, and it doesn't change if you're playing with Djeeta or Gran. So there's some girls who'll be into Djeeta (Zeta being one of them)...as well as at least on guy who flirts with Gran. On the other side, the events with Vira as shown to be more romantic towards the player when you're playing with Djeeta than when you're playing with Gran.
There's also Cordelia, the girl who looks like a handsome man (not at all), and all the girls are in love with her. She has a female friend that knows she's a girl and all the events the two of them are together, they're always flirting with each other.
Some other yuri pairings too, like Silvia and Song (player who saw her 5 star uncap says they're basically a couple) and Yuel and Societte.

It's a fun game, if not a little grind. But the story are really well written, so even if you're not playing it for the gameplay, it's worth to keep coming back to each event.

Also, next two anime episodes will probably be an alternate story with Djeeta as protagonist. It's a shame she gets only that, but at least it's something.

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

I guess you're correct that 'default' is more accurate than 'canon' though your dislike of the word seems questionable to me.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I guess you're correct that 'default' is more accurate than 'canon' though your dislike of the word seems questionable to me.

People like to use the word "canon" to dismiss things like: "why even bother with it? it's not even canon. It never happened". Except it's fiction anyway, so nothing of that ever happened. If someone wants to consider only that one alternate view as their truth, they can.

I guess it makes sense for some things, like games that have sequels. And even with those, it's not a rule. Take Drakengard/Nier, for example, that has sequels coming from different endings. Some visual novels do that, too. You could say it makes sense for games like Flowers, when the sequel follows only on the "canon ending", but who knows, maybe someday IG will make a sequel following Rikka's ending, and the concept of Mayuri being canon is over, too.

In the end, it's not that I hate the word, but I hate how people usually use it and give it more importance than it has. Although for things that has already a lot of alternate versions, I don't think it makes sense.

last edited at Jun 18, 2017 8:34PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

People like to use the word "canon" to dismiss things like: "why even bother with it? it's not even canon. It never happened". Except it's fiction anyway, so nothing of that ever happened. If someone wants to consider only that one alternate view as their truth, they can.

Well yeah, non-canon doesn't necessarily mean bad, it just means not part of the official timeline. Like with the Star Wars stuff, making them non-canon had no effect on the quality of the media. It just meant they could do things without having to stay consistent with those stories.

It certainly doesn't mean a lack of respect on the part of people who like the things a non-canon (but still official) work presents. People who get hung up on that are pretty silly, you ask me.

To reply you must either login or sign up.