Forum › Uploader Recruitment Thread (decision date April 15, 2013 6:00 P.M. EST)

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Well it's about time we started this.

We're recruiting 2-3 uploaders to help with uploading our incredibly large backlog and help keep tags for things proper.
You must preferably be 18+. It's not like we can check IDs, but maturity is more easily seen in those 18+ than those below.

Keep in mind that as an uploader, you will have both the ability to upload chapters and create and modify tags, as well as have moderating abilities.
As a moderator, you will obtain the ability to accept or reject suggestions in the Moderation Panel in the user control area or here.
As a moderator, you will also obtain the ability to edit user posts. Only do so if they demand the next chapter; if they're excited about the next one let it slide since it'll be more of a motivator than an annoyance to the actual editors/translators for that particular work.
As an uploader, you can access the admin panel where you can update chapter pages, update/create tags, and upload new chapters or delete errant ones. Keep in mind that tags encompass everything that is related to the organization of the reader.

Having IRC knowledge is highly preferable, but not mandatory.
You do not need to read everything on the reader nor be caught up with everything, especially if you're uncomfortable with a specific thing like lolicon, tentacles, and futanari. You're free to leave the spicier works for us to decide over from certain groups we've obtained permission from.
Please notify us if major revisions are performed (eg. removing/adding tags to an entire series or removing/introducing tags entirely).

Do not violate the delay policy of the current and future groups that ask for it
Must be fluent in the English language.
Must be willing to dedicate some of their free time in doing this. Uploading takes a lot more time and effort than one may expect, which is why we're not just demolishing the backlog left and right.

The last few details pertaining to uploaders will be dealt with in a separate topic; everything major has been written out.

We're going to take preference for people who have shown some sort of involvement, such as requesting tag changes using the suggestion panel. Upload requests will not count; it's not a major factor when it comes to uploading.
I now have a rough idea how I'm going to choose, but it's not something I can really type out in a standardized and systematic way. Still, feel free to plop yourself down as willing.

last edited at Apr 15, 2013 3:18AM

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Sound's interesting. I wouldn't mind helping out.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Hmm. I'm totally new here so I assume I'll be passed on, but I'll toss my hat in the ring anyway.

I have experience moderating forums, am more than happy to dedicate some time to it, and er...a bit of distant IRC knowledge, but it's not what I'd call knowledge. That's about it for me.

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

I'd volunteer, but then I might have to have an orange bar next to my name.

joined Jan 31, 2013

I really would like to help, I have some experience with moderation and I have free time to spare, however I have no knowledge of IRC and I don't know if my english is fluent enough

joined Feb 1, 2013

I... won't help. Not enough free time, being already moderator on two forums. But I'll welcome the chosen guys & gals with open arms. ^^

joined Jan 30, 2013

I'm just curious: How many tag suggestions were submitted and how often did you change them?
I won't volunteer, because I doubt my English is good enough.

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

We have accepted 156 suggestions and rejected 39.

Cyndaquil
joined Apr 13, 2013

I'd like to try helping out as a moderator, I enjoy reading yuri~ I have no knowledge of IRC however I'm happy to learn, I'm fluent in english though OTL

last edited at Apr 13, 2013 11:16PM

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

I'll throw my hat in too.
My useless powers are Unix proficiency and using google, If I were a household object I would be a ottoman, my fursona is MAGMA VOLE.

As far as IRC goes I know everything about QIRC style IRC using Asuka tree daemons, as far as nickserve and chanserver I'm not too sure but I have used them before.

last edited at Apr 13, 2013 11:08PM

Shiteatingrin
joined Feb 2, 2013

I'm quite interested in joining. I've been a longtime reader and lurker and I'd love to help out. I have next to no knowledge of IRC, but I'm willing to learn.

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Well deadline has been reached. I pretty much have a good idea who I'm picking and will finalize things later in the day after my last class.
Those who have not been picked but are still willing can try again in the future if all goes well.

This topic has been locked.