ForumNews How to Help the LGBT Community in Orlando

Casusby Admin
__mioda_ibuki_danganronpa_and_super_danganronpa_2_drawn_by_qosic__sample
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

49 people have lost their lives after a mass shooting at Pulse Nightclub, a gay nightclub, in Orlando Florida last night. More injured and many families left irreparably scarred. You can help by donating here https://www.gofundme.com/29bubytq or https://www.gofundme.com/pulsevictimsfund

You can read more here: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36512308

Alternative link to help: http://skepchick.org/2016/06/how-to-help-the-lgbt-community-in-orlando/

last edited at Jun 18, 2016 6:25PM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Note, there is a ban on gay men giving blood that's still in effect. That's probably a small demographic on this particular site, but still.

last edited at Jun 12, 2016 4:33PM

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

As a note, no victims have been identified. Any GoFundMe links etc. claiming to be for victims or their families is likely to be a scam,at least for now.

last edited at Jun 12, 2016 3:48PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

There's been a hotline set up to find out if someone you know, love, or are related to might have been involved.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/state-regional/orlando-nightclub-shooting-what-is-the-hotline-for/nrfFK/

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Yeah, names are starting to be released.

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

I still cannot understand why some feel it is okay to pick up a gun and take out their frustration or hate on others and take their lives. I always thought I understood the world, but I don't know......

joined May 24, 2014

I still cannot understand why some feel it is okay to pick up a gun and take out their frustration or hate on others and take their lives. I always thought I understood the world, but I don't know......

There's NO way anyone can ever hope to understand the world as it is...and speaking of assholes donald trump has taken advantage of this tragedy to push his anti-muslim agenda

joined Jun 12, 2016

Killer was confirmed to be a muslim, and muslims are still stuck in the middle ages. Mainstream medias of course are trying to use the propaganda of islam being an "religion of peace", despite their holy book teach them the jihad and taquiyya (lying to non-believers). It also tells you something about the religion itself when Ahmadiyyahs (muslims that reject the jihad taught in the book) are considered as "non-muslims" and slaughtered by the rest of muslims.

It's really a pity that people continue to die (in the attacks of Paris twice, Brussels, and now this) and too many folks are still deceived or simply refuse to see the truth of whats going on.

The bar was also a gun-free zone (like the schools and supermarkets), which is synonymous for 'free target practice' as nobody is allowed to have a mean of defense. That wouldnt be maybe such an issue if this messy and ugly multiculturalism socitey wasnt a thing. Gun control isnt also the answer as it means less people being able to defend themselves again the potential incoming threats.

last edited at Jun 12, 2016 8:18PM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Killer was confirmed to be a muslim, and muslims are still stuck in the middle ages. Mainstream medias of course are trying to use the propaganda of islam being an "religion of peace", despite their holy book teach them the jihad and taquiyya (lying to non-believers). It also tells you something about the religion itself when Ahmadiyyahs (muslims that reject the jihad taught in the book) are considered as "non-muslims" and slaughtered by the rest of muslims.

It's really a pity that people continue to die (in the attacks of Paris twice, Brussels, and now this) and too many folks are still deceived or simply refuse to see the truth of whats going on.

The bar was also a gun-free zone (like the schools and supermarkets), which is synonymous for 'free target practice' as nobody is allowed to have a mean of defense. That wouldnt be maybe such an issue if this messy and ugly multiculturalism socitey wasnt a thing. Gun control isnt also the answer as it means less people being able to defend themselves again the potential incoming threats.

Did you really create an account specifically to co-opt this tragedy as a justification to spew your disgustingly bigoted worldview at us?

joined Jun 12, 2016

Did you really create an account specifically to co-opt this tragedy as a justification to spew your disgustingly bigoted worldview at us?

And how much people need to die yet before you finally wake up and see how the world truly is? It’s not just gay people under threat. Artists in the west now live in fear of being executed because they drew the wrong cartoon. Women face the terrifying prospect of being attacked at night for wearing a short skirt. Etc.

Muslims are allowed to get away with almost anything. And, of course, politicians and the media routinely turn a blind eye to the kind of sexism and homophobia that would instantly end the career of a non-Muslim — and perhaps get the latter arrested for 'hate speech' when he dared to object.

We are now living with the consequences of that "tolerance" taught in schools and medias. Gays executed in nightclubs. People lying in pools of blood. Women abused en masse.

Saying shit like "racism" is basically saying "stop saying the truth about things". I want this madness and those massacres to stop.

last edited at Jun 12, 2016 8:45PM

Blyat
joined Sep 12, 2012

He's right though. Muslims that interpret the Quran or whatever literally are non-humans as far as I'm concerned. Their actions keep proving me right, too. There are of course good Muslims, vast majority are. The hardcore Muslim trash could all die right now and I'd go out and celebrate it, though.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

You could say the same about any radically religious person, not just Muslims. Isis is motivating so, so many people to do shit like this, it's true. But I guess my point is you can't condemn an entire religion and its followers for the actions of a few, no matter how terrible those actions may be. You have to consider too how innocent people - including Muslims! - have been killed by radical Muslims.

Of course there's the claim that Muslim countries have much worse people's rights, especially for women. You can't really refute that, but Christian countries centuries ago weren't much better, so there's still a potential for things to get better. Obviously that's little compensation for what's happening now, though.

Er, hopefully my point got through - you can't really forgive something like this for happening, but don't blame the wrong people.

last edited at Jun 12, 2016 8:55PM

joined Jun 12, 2016

You could say the same about any radically religious person, not just Muslims. Isis is motivating so, so many people to do shit like this, it's true. But I guess my point is you can't condemn an entire religion and its followers for the actions of a few, no matter how terrible those actions may be. You have to consider too how innocent people - including Muslims! - have been killed by radical Muslims.

Of course there's the claim that Muslim countries have much worse people's rights, especially for women. You can't really refute that, but Christian countries centuries ago weren't much better, so there's still a potential for things to get better. Obviously that's little compensation for what's happening now, though.

The fact is that christian people have evolved from the middle ages way a long time ago, but not muslims (except again the Ahmadiyyahs but they are much being under threat as us). Western capitalist democracy gave women and gays equal footing in society; Islam has arrived to roll the clock back.

Omar Mateen wasn’t just a homophobe, by the way. He was also a misogynist – a real one, not someone who offends feminists on Twitter with words – but someone who repeatedly beat his wife while they were married. Of course, as we saw in Cologne six months ago (and elsewhere in Europe) with the rapes and assaults in masse, this sort of behaviour isnt a radical way of thinking. It's the norm among islam followers and it's only going to be more obvious the bigger the community gets in a country. (UK and Sweden are prime examples, followed by Germany and France)

I also blame the security service, because apparently the killer was already being watched by the FBI. This happened in Brussels, too. Both times, the security services dropped the ball hard and people sadly died in the result.

last edited at Jun 12, 2016 9:14PM

joined Dec 27, 2015

Er, hopefully my point got through - you can't really forgive something like this for happening, but don't blame the wrong people.

Exactly.
In school I had some Muslim friends. They were kind and nice and of accepting of me even though I was bi-sexual. I understood from them that homosexuality was forbidden in their beliefs, but they themselves understood me and befriended me.
I have Christian friends as well, and some of their friends don't accept me because they say homosexuality is also forbidden.
I get that part.
What I don't get, what I don't understand is why is it, that one human being can say I'm upset, so people who have done me no harm are going to die, because I'm upset. Or I don't like how you live, so you need to die. The peoples in Orlando lived in peace.
May they rest in peace.

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

shibadoge
There's assholes everywhere. Germany has neonazis, Christianity has Westboro Baptist Church, Feminism has Radfems, Republicans have triggerhappy bigots, and Islam has Isis. Bullshit is basically a default part of any package in the world. Pretty sure there's not a single exception to that. That doesn't mean you should allow the media to spoonfeed you their idiocy cause the first thing in their mind is always how to get a good story and make money off of it. "Proof that the majority of muslims are actually perfectly okay people" just wouldn't sell as well as "MUSLIMS KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE!!!" That's all there is to it. Don't just go and fall for that crap, sheesh...

last edited at Jun 12, 2016 9:20PM

joined Jun 12, 2016

Exactly.
In school I had some Muslim friends. They were kind and nice and of accepting of me even though I was bi-sexual. I understood from them that homosexuality was forbidden in their beliefs, but they themselves understood me and befriended me.

Try to be gay in an islamic country and we'll talk again lol

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

Exactly.

Try to be gay in an islamic country and we'll talk again lol

Germany, for example, has never been islamic at any time in its history of existence and being openly gay could get you death penalty until WW2 and land you in jail until the 60's came around. And there's a bunch of other countries that were never islamic and had or still have homosexuality written down in their law as a crime. The problem about islamic countries isn't their religion, it's their governments. Nothing more, nothing less.

last edited at Jun 12, 2016 9:25PM

Casusby Admin
__mioda_ibuki_danganronpa_and_super_danganronpa_2_drawn_by_qosic__sample
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

It's Ramadan. Any sinful behaviour is forbidden, as any practicing Muslim will tell you. This guy was not one. This line of conversation will stop now.

last edited at Jun 12, 2016 9:28PM

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

Any sinful behaviour is forbidden, as any practicing Muslim will tell you.

Any practicing Christian would tell me the same thing and most of them would still say it's God's job to judge me, not theirs. So what exactly is your point? Not arguing here, I just don't get why you involved that line.

last edited at Jun 12, 2016 9:31PM

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

Also even those "assholes" you listed wont kill you for saying the wrong words or having the "wrong" behavior

Pfff hahaha. If you knew, bud! If you knew!
But anyway, Admin said to shut up, so yeah. I'm done.
I ain't gonna get my ass banned for that kinda crap.

last edited at Jun 12, 2016 9:35PM

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

There's NO way anyone can ever hope to understand the world as it is...and speaking of assholes donald trump has taken advantage of this tragedy to push his anti-muslim agenda

And that makes my heart break and sickens me all over again.

And that disgusting creep lt. governor of Texas is just as abhorrent as Drumpf.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

So, back on topic, is there any news about stuff?

joined Dec 27, 2015

There are websites popping up to show your support. Our loving Admin. Has also posted some sites. There are still a few that are in critical condition as we speak, and could use our prayers and well wishes.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Just adding my voice to Casusby's, this thread is for solidarity. If you're not helping and just want to stroke your.....ego, get out of the way.

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

^ thank you.

To reply you must either login or sign up.