Forum › Posts by shojie07

shojie07
Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

I've been thinking about this for a long time regarding the public baths in Japan.
First, it is embarrassing hanging around naked in front of all these people.
Also, bathing inside other people's dirt is just gross. Especially when your sensitive area is exposed to it as well.

Excuse me. They’re washing themselves first before soaking in that public bath. Also in their own homes, they do the same before entering their bathtub. What’s so gross about it anyway, it’s kinda like in a swimming pool and I actually found it more gross lol, at least, in their bath Japanese washes first.

last edited at Dec 16, 2019 12:54AM

shojie07
Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

So their friendship may not have been so special? Is that what this chapter's implying? Even so, can't wait to get some Tsugumi backstory

I doubt that. It seems like it was kind of secret or rather unnoticeable bestfriend(or more who knows) kind of relationship, especially with how timid Midori is.

Midori herself has said multiple times her relationship with Tsugumi was rather one-sided. She knew that she wasn't special to Tsugumi. So what the nurse is saying actually makes sense. If anything, I'm not sure where Haru got the idea Midori and her mother were close. No one ever said they were.

Of course, Haru will think that her mom and Midore were close since Midori’s # was the only contact in her mom’s phone, and her mom will only talk about Midori when she’s telling Haru about middle school. And in the funeral, Haru saw Midori crying alone outside and even stood up, telling others that Tsugumi wasn’t what they’re talking about. Anyone who see it, they’ll think the two were close.

shojie07
Double Bed discussion 12 Dec 11:01
Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Who moves in with their (I assume) SO and sleeps in separate beds? For 2 years?!? I gotta admit, I thought this one was really dumb even though I like her other works.

It wasn’t dumb at all. It’s very ordinary in Japan when they’re just using futons.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Someone needs to give Shimamura a yuri manga, so she can know what's going on with Adachi and Tarumi.

Lmao. As much as I’m laughing at how Shimamura’s being clueless, I always love how she handles Adachi.

But i'm really wondering, Since the manga apparently only got one more chapter left, Does that mean this will end soon as well? Granted i have only read a hand full of chapters of this yet so it's not like i don't have anything to read in the future, but still?

Nope. Only the first adapted manga, that will end soon. About the light novel, we still far from end considering this is only vol 4, there’s still 4 remaining volumes out, and vol 8 isn’t yet the end of Adashima. What I really wonder here and wanted to see, if the 2nd manga adaptation will try to catch up on the light novel’s volume...

last edited at Dec 7, 2019 8:30PM

shojie07
Liberty discussion 02 Dec 22:15
Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

I like Momono Moto arts, but this story is kinda bland. Kitta Izumi hopefully you’ll get better in writing the rest.

shojie07
Teardrops discussion 28 Nov 04:52
Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

ahhh... I wish this was longerrrrrr. this is sooooo cute.

shojie07
Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Maho and Kaede!

Is the new girl gonna be the vocalist? I hope.

shojie07
Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Reading this chap and finished. I honestly keeping on tab on this just to know the end.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

This is why I really love the volume 8, coz it's all written in Shimamura's pov.

Oh? So the school trip is all written in Shimamura's POV? As much as I love her, I still wanted to read some chapters in Adachi POV, cause obviously, her POV is much gayer. Lol

I meant it is dominated by Shimamura’s pov except ofcourse on the part of Nagafuji & Hino, Yashiro’s and the last which is Adachi’s pov.

Is this really a WAY too slow burn? I think it’s just how you get into the story. Probably, people expect too much of a yuri. I enjoyed it very much, tbh.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Shimamura, Adachi and Tarumi act the same with you coz they both have feelings to you. lol

Well then, I have always wondered how Shimamura currently feel about Adachi and this chapter basically showed it, even though she didn't interact with Adachi at all. I was under the impression in the last volume that Adachi was slightly special to her but it seems like I was wrong. Yep, she is just going with the flow. Adachi was doing all the effort to maintain their relationship and Shimamura just can't say no to Adachi or to anyone. It's like Adachi isn't even her friend, just another classmate.

Like what I said before, I always love Shimamura's pov. She seems to be uncaring and going with the flow, but what's lacking about Shimamura is initiation. How she wants to follow Adachi when she ran off of the classroom but chose not to, when she expects a call from Adachi, instead of calling her, she chose to wait, and when she wanted to check the 2nd floor of the gym to see Adachi but she didn't do in the end. She's lacking action to the things she wants. Shimamura was too afraid to get attach to people coz she believes it's just another set of friends that would change in time. I believe, Adachi is rather special to her, it's proved when she kept thinking Adachi from time to time, even though she's interacting with others or she said so herself, when she's doing nothing. The time the girls invited her to eat lunch, she still looked at Adachi first. When she's out with Tarumi and kept comparing, when they chose key chains, and thought she's a cat and Adachi is a dog, when she suggested to her mother to eat dinner in Chinese restaurant where Adachi part-timed to see her face to face but just to get slightly disappointed in the end. Or when she doesn't want other classmates to found out their place in the gym's 2nd floor. Unknowingly to herself, Shimamura is starting to get really attach to Adachi. It might not obvious, coz she always tend to overthink, denying and trying to distance herself as Adachi doesn't like to go with the flow as she is which is a bad thing for Shimamura but I can see from this volume, whether she likes it or not, Adachi is becoming a constant part of her life. This is why I really love the volume 8, coz it's all written in Shimamura's pov.

Thank you, Sneikkimies and the team, shadesofgreymoon for this update! Hooray! I really really love Adachi and Shimamura. I hope more people will love it too as the anime will out next year.

last edited at Nov 16, 2019 6:49AM

shojie07
Akuryou discussion 15 Nov 05:21
Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

AH. Twist.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

What a bitch. Maki, find another girl. Sigh. Are there raw chapters for this?

shojie07
Lily Marble discussion 31 Oct 11:08
Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

New chapter raws looks really good

Please share.

This is the latest chapter. This is fast release.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Tbh, I kinda like that Adachi... like an ice, snob and doesn’t mind anything. Awkward Adachi is cute but sometimes I want her to act like normal even in front of Shimamura but what can do, she’s in love lol.

Nagafuji and Hino tandem is no doubt adorable.

shojie07
Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

So Izumi really has a thing for Fujishiro...

Tbh, this manga kinda lack of something. I can’t get the sweet teenage romance feels in it. Well, maybe they’re kinda in a slow pace and the mc has different focus than crushes and everything, only Fujishiro and Izumi are the ones that really stood out in this story.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Adachi and Shimamura is really something. Usually I felt bored to read when I see what’s happening are all talks. But Adashima is kinda special, the more you delve in lots of texts the more you get intrigue and interested and want to know more about them and how they progressed. So far I really love Shimamura’s POV as much as I love Adachi’s. I'm actually in a later volume and reading slowly (since I don’t have a very neatly Japanese comprehension) So I’m thankful to all the people translating this. Reading it in an actual English is a big help and makes me realize what I failed to understand when I read the Jap version, lol. Thanks, Sneik and the team.

Thanks as always translators, sneikkimies and team, looking forward to Volume 4 ,5 onwards, with the most awaited telephone scene. I am getting so excited. Thanks again, truly appreciate it.

Please give me the details on this telephone scene. I must know.

for what I remembered, it was happened in Volume 5, when Adachi was hit of jealousy coz Shimamura was out in a festival with Tarumi, and Adachi called Shimamura, rumbling some words. And she did talked all those words repeatedly in that phone call. All in all, it’s an Adachi talking for how many pages in the book while Shima just listening. Lol. I personally find it annoying, and laughable but it also a bit creepy if I’m in Shima’s shoes.

I thought this LN was close to ending but they added more characters O_O

LN is still on-going and in vol 8 currently. Why did you thought it’s gonna end so soon, when the previous chap hasn’t really resolve anything? Did you really think, Valentines’s day is the peak of this story?

last edited at Oct 19, 2019 9:10AM

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Thought this was just a One-shot until I saw—

To be continued... in the end. Lol.

Oookayyyy... I actually did not notice the Ch.1 on the title.

last edited at Oct 17, 2019 11:08AM

shojie07
Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

I can’t. This chapter is hella funny!!! Thankfully Omichi is so gullible hahahaha. What a way to patch up things.

shojie07
Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Gawd Ai it’s not e even a cute bra. It looks hideous lol. I’m amazed that Chie really bought it. Such a good gf.

Kanae x Haruka, the cliffhanger!!!!

last edited at Oct 13, 2019 7:50PM

shojie07
Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

The chapter was sweet and I love how Kase-san made an effort to went home... but telling Yamada what she can or cannot wear is a no no... they’ve been together for how long and she’s still insecure, okay.

last edited at Oct 4, 2019 10:20PM

shojie07
Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

really disappointed by the lack of development of sayaka, we didn't even saw her girlfriend, it's like she's no more than a side character now.

I thought she was getting a spin off from this series, I assume we see her girlfriend in that. Or was that just rumors.

Sayaka already got spin-off, it’s not a rumor lol. It’s just that it’s a light novel not a manga but Nakatani was the illustrator. There were already 2 books out, and the third book will be released on 2020. And we surely see Haru’s design on this 3rd book.

Later on Touko and Yuu finally meet the mysterious "Haru-chan" Sayaka has been dating and it looks, acts and sounds exactly like Touko

If I’m correct that it was Haru-chan in the end of the 2nd book, Sayaka indeed described her like a “dog”, and sort of lively... so she seems an opposite of Touko, more like Yuu probably.

last edited at Oct 2, 2019 8:32PM

shojie07
Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

How much of a time skip was this chapter? One year or two years?

2 years

No. (Almost) 4 years have happened. The story started in 2015, you can corroborate this by looking at the few calendars that appear through the series. By chapter 44, it was either end of December or the first days of 2016. The career seminars that Yuu mentioned don't happen in the first year of college in Japan. Yuu is at least in her second year, which should happen in 2019. It could be 2020 too, but that's too further. Making the story start in 2015 and end in 2019 both in-universe and in real life seems very Nakatani-like in my opinion. Oh, and the month should be October, since the Cultural Festival is taking place.

Lol you’re not wrong. But i’m actually assuming the question was how much time skip from the time they’d (Yuu, other 1st year) graduated from HS

This announcement and the artbook one are the only ones that don't have the Yagakimi title in them. Of course the artbook will obviously have ygkm illustrations, but I don't think all the book will be about it. It's only stated as "Nakatani's artbook, title undecided yet" , same with the short stories. Given that all the other annoucements including the artbook will feature yagakimi, I do think one of the short stories will be about yagakimi, but all the others won't. I may be wrong and maybe none of the stories will be about it, though.

It might not be all Yagakimi or Touko x Yuu focus but I love to think, most of it might be related to Yagakimi like how she writes stories in some extra chapters like about Koyomi, Riko x Miyako... etc. it’s not hurt to hope lol

There's just one announcement I want, and that's a second season of the anime. ;p

True. Most of us want it.

last edited at Oct 2, 2019 1:37AM

shojie07
Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

It ends during their date in the aquarium if I remember correctly.... and it's 1000% recommended watch even if you've read the manga twice or more, it really adds more to the romance sometimes. But as for the subtitles to enjoy it without issues...idk

Had a problem with the subtitles? A blessed anon has made honorifics patches for it.

Meanwhile I'm trying to collect Symphogear subs that aren't Commie/Horrible and it's surprisingly and disappointingly hard.

There’s actually issues in HiDive subs, just dl Asenshi subs and honorific patches for Yagakimi.

shojie07
Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

How much of a time skip was this chapter? One year or two years?

2 years

Yagakimi still hasn’t totally ended since it’s still has short story compilation as a part of Yagakimi Curtain Call Project... soon.

Sayaka has 3rd volume LN on 2020 and I guess it’s where we will see Haru-chan. If I’m not mistaken, Haru chan might be the one, that 1st year university student that Sayaka have met in her University in LN vol. 2, it was ended there.

And plus, Nakatani-sensei has another story for us, I’m not sure if it will turn to be a series also, but anyway, I’m sucker for any story from her.

And there’s still a chance for season 2 announcement any moment, and I’m anticipating it. Lord El Melloi, from Makoto Kato and Troyca is already finished. I’m still crossing my fingers for this.

last edited at Oct 2, 2019 12:24AM

shojie07
Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

I guess next chapter will be another characters drama, Kuroe x Miyabi, then next again, Uta’s classmate’s relationship flashback (I don’t remember her name anymore) then Uta and her mom’s drama, then Uta’s self monologue about her family & unrequited love to Kaoru, then back at Kaoru x Reichii and the mistress drama... then back to Kuroe x Miyabi drama again... then...

last edited at Sep 29, 2019 8:59PM