Forum › Posts by uncertain

uncertain
Make a Mark discussion 11 Jun 12:05
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I went through most of this with a "blah blah blah, not going to read future chapters" feeling but the change toward the end sold it for me.

uncertain
VAMPEERZ discussion 09 Jun 02:58
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Is it spelled バルネット, バーネット, something else?

edit: it could be Burnet(t) too?

last edited at Jun 9, 2022 3:05AM

uncertain
Secret discussion 08 Jun 15:33
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Real nice flourish at the end.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

...welp, ça me fait penser que je should go for Escale à Yokohama instead of patiently waiting for the official YKK English translation.

last edited at May 31, 2022 1:59PM

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Finally a Kawauchi series! I was curious to see what they're capable of and the first chapter looks like Canno is my least favorite of the HKY crew.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Text missing from page 1 panel 2...

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I don't care about harem stories but I would too sign up if Saho was the MC.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

This is suddenly slightly looking like a backdoor plot to continue the poly setting of the author's previous story... Will she fool the editor? Stay tuned.

last edited at May 11, 2022 2:27PM

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Heavy Vinyl without the fighting-evil stuff? Yes please.

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I loooooooooooove this! The central flashback would be perfectly sweet by itself but the framing gives it a depth and sadness that hit me so deeply without even seeing what happened. I wondered if the extras would spend more time on the how and the why but I was pleasantly surprised to see small snippets, arranged like scattered memories and dreams. Ending back in the present, with Mayu's expression turning into something more peaceful, is such a good expansion of the base story, again without letting you in on the details. Really great stuff.

Couldn't have said it better. One of my favorites here from this year so far.

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Page 9 made me happy.

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Loved this one, sharp and understated.

Best school clubs for yuri:
1. Art
2. Photography
3. Track

last edited at Apr 7, 2022 1:57AM

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Thai, I think.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Drive My Yuri Car

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I read a whole article about this and yet I still came here unsure of what term I'm supposed to use (lol), but I'm looking for recommendations for novels involving F/F romance, without that meaning that the primary genre has to be romance though. I'm curious about adventure (in either a fantasy or realistic setting) and sci-fi stories, but historical drama or slice-of-life would also be good.

Not much LGBT romance pops up in my book readings but This Is How You Lose the Time War was pretty cool.

last edited at Mar 28, 2022 1:05AM

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Untranslated first panel:
"Breaking the Kotoribako was no good.
Shooting at the woman in black was no good.
The Makarov is out of bullets..."

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Nice handholding there.

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

"The toilets are also amazing, no?"
"A feeling of surreal overflow..."

lmao/what/going to be a memorable wedding (check all that apply)

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

This series started off pretty nicely I thought, but it’s going downhill pretty quick if it keeps going like it did in this chapter…

This. Pretty jarring, these last two chapters.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

What's going on in page 3? With everyone looking to the side?

Maybe it's the nightmare?

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Really nice, thanks for posting. Can't wait to see more by this author.

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

What does that last one reference?

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Any recommendations for ongoing manga / tv / comics / whatever that aren't labeled Yuri / GL but which give a good vibe and seem to be heading in that direction?

I've been reading one named Tsubame Tip Off that I noticed because it's tagged as GL on 'dex. There's no sign of yuri in the 20 chapters (out of at least twice as many) that are so far up in English scanlation, so if the tag is correct, I expect any romance to be secondary to the main sports plot.

uncertain
Ikoku Nikki discussion 09 Mar 15:12
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I laughed most of the way through this chapter with a nagging uncertainty of whether I should be laughing at it. Probably just what the author intended.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Stupid me for initially passing this one over just because I didn't like the art style. I love the natural unexaggerated writing so far.