Forum › Posts by ffins07

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Good chap. I appreciate the intuition and honesty on display.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Something is about to happen. :D

I'm enjoying the personalities of and interactions of the leads.

The pacing is also interesting.

It's pretty and I like it enough. Now to watch the story unfold...

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

They're so cute. Ha-ha.

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Love the little artwork of yuri at the end, great recommends. For those who haven't read Blooming Sequence, go do it, it's really good.

I agree, I liked it too, aside from occasionally being annoyed with the ex situation.

Also Moonlight Garden, Her ShimCheong, Two Birds In Spring.....

Waiting for Tappytoon to catch up on Her ShimCheong. ಥ_ಥ

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

This is my "Why am I reading this series?". (The art, of course. +College.Low bar. There are so few...)

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

This story is so fluffy, but... I need to finish Her Tale of Shim Chong ༼ つ ಥ_ಥ ༽つ.

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

This chapter was a bit humdrum. Still looking forward to the next.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

The transitions are a bit clunk -- especially the "don't fall in love" warning *rolls eyes* -- but it's too pretty to pass.

Maybe the girl having powers will subvert the "lose powers" thing. Of course doll girl is going to worry about it, but fortunately the other MC is blunt, a bit naive ignorant and free spirited -- she'll blow through Alice's inhibitions.

My favorite line:

Well, I'm not sure how I feel about being taught by someone who's only obeying orders, but...

Looking forward to the next installment. ^^

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

GeneralJ posted:

This is ridiculous, but I like it.

same

majere posted:

I'm already on edge with this one but I'll give it a chance and see if it manages to successfully walk the knife edge of creepiness that most blackmail themed plots fall right off of.

same :/

hillgiang posted:

I am more into some character development. Hopefully by the end of this, MC can find a way to overcome her pressure issue.

and must happen.

I think what I like the representation of bluntness/frankness in the drawing. I find the style a bit ugly but it's refreshing. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I rarely pull for the third wheel, but I like Aki's self assuredness. *sighs* (definitely not happening)

Also, Yori's conundrum is a little ridiculous to me. She wants the girl to like her in a romantic way -- she doesn't (or hasn't said so) theoretically because she's straight, so how can random be a threat? Or is this just mild possessiveness? I hope the one pep talk (by with awesome friend Aki) got her out of that random rut.

last edited at Dec 8, 2019 2:03PM

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Hurray for the gay! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

This mangaka is doing so many things right.

Mai definitely brought a triangle dynamic, but she never felt like a threat -- the author never really built her role up that way, imo. This is one of the best not triangle executions I've experienced in a manga. (So grateful.) Mai likes Nanoha, so it makes sense that she wants to be with her and has thoughts about getting between them. As long as she doesn't actively try to ruin their relationship, it's fine by me.

Being a third is painful, but it happens. Sometimes you can't help it.

This is so so good...

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

What is with all this communication? They're sharing and talking through friction. I love it!! (~˘▾˘)~

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Growth for Adachi. Finally!

Looking forward to the next, chapter. ^^

Thanks sneikkimies

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I'm over the love triangle. \==___\==

last edited at Dec 4, 2019 10:25PM

ffins07
Liberty discussion 04 Dec 21:27
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I confused the abusive one with Doormat-san, so at least the forum cleared that up for me. ?__?

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Same. ^^

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

(~˘▾˘)~ Great chapter.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Ugh. Love triangles. Even though the forum told me it was coming.

Of course, Taru being so forward and Shimamura already comparing her overtures with Adachi, this new (revived) relationship has to be the catalyst to Shimamura figuring out Adachi behavior -- or then I'll be on the side with the others saying she's in denial.

This chapter was full of gay. Flashing neon signs signaling gay around every corner.

I am not a fan of the change in the narrative voice in Shimamura's chapter, but I did enjoy how much Shimamura was looking forward to Adachi finally calling out to her in the end.

Looking forward to the next installment. Thanks again sneikkimies.

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Smooth mangaka. Nice chapter. Looking forward to the next.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

People have identities outside of their relationships. I love seeing their growth as individuals.

For me, Shima's development is more interesting. Adachi is so obsessed and ...anxious. ^ ^ ;)

To me, it'll be somewhat more special when we see Shima actively pursue or engage Adachi. She is shifting away from a completely passive approach to life. Adachi was jettisoned into action by her feelings. She doesn't like people, but Adachi seems to have been more engaged in life that Shimamura, even before they met. Shimamura became more passive, whereas Adachi's main barriers to being active about her life are a dislike of people and anxiety.

They are both struggling with a lack of purpose -- as we all do early (and even late) In our lives -- which is an obvious source of indecision and lack of initiative. Shimamura -- or her own interest in her -- has become Adachi's purpose. (And that's somewhat off putting for me.) Shimamura is still fumbling without direction, but she seems to be developing a more wholistic view ...very slowly, but surely. I'm looking forward to Adachi developing an individual purpose. I'm looking forward to Shimamura's purpose solidifying and her romantic attention (which I think is at about nonexistent) turning toward Adachi.

I'm reading this, of course, because it's a romance, but I love all the introspection. US/American novels/stories are more about action and getting to point B or the end. I prefer the journey and how individuals experience it.

Definitely not everyone's cup of tea.

*goes to download chapter two*

P.S. I'm Adachi awkward, but I'm more driven than both. Shimamura has more attractive traits for me. She's a caretaker type. In common with both, I'm not a fan of interacting with humans frequently. ;p

last edited at Nov 16, 2019 7:33AM

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Pretty.

Glad it was uploaded.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Thank you sneikkimies!

Not that this author has ever dropped the ball in terms of forward momentum, but I was glad to see Shimamura outright say she wants to build a sturdy foundation.

I'm generally not a fan of side characters, especially when they're developed more rapidly than the mains, but the moment between Nagafuji and Hino in the latter's room was well done.

Looking forward to the next installment.

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Filler. :/

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Thank you for the update @ sneikkimies.

I most enjoyed chapter 3, Shimamura's POV. Her perspective offers a clearer view of what is going on around her, and the pacing is more pleasant for me.

Chapter four was cute ...and unexpected. I'm really curious about the V-day message. I recall her (Shimamura) being explicit in wanting Adachi to make friends, etc., but that signing up for a Valentine's day message to be displayed in public seems a bit of a jump. I wonder if I missed something, or if we're going to get any further insight. (I'm kind of thinking not since we're moving into a the next novel/stage.)

EDIT: Reading chapter three would help... *facepalm* *done*

I'm really taken with the contrasting scenarios in chapters three and four; how differently Shimamura experiences the train ride with Tarumi vs Adachi, running into the unnamed middle school friend versus Tarumi... I also find the questions we see Shimamura pose to herself pretty frank and honest. Many of them are mundane, every day things that we do not really think about anymore. (And maybe it's been a long time since I've read a novel that is a coming of age story.)

I'm not a fan of love triangles or lots of side characters, but this story could use an agent to catalyze change in Adachi and Shimamura's relationship. Adachi is incapable of advancing things (enough) on her own, and Shimamura is ambivalent (mostly). Shimamura's relatively acute awareness of Tarumi ...is interesting. We're seeing her generally put more effort into relationships and life.

What is up with the theme of "she's like a mother", "she's like a sister", "What if I were her dog?"...?? I realize that people growing up in places where homosexual relationships are not normalized wouldn't include "what if she were my girlfriend", but why not just "Is this what really close friends are like?" (since neither girl has many friends). Shimamura seems to have landed on this more normal option at times, but overall this seems like a cultural difference...or something else I just find kind of strange.

The final chapter felt mostly like filler. Didn't really learn anything new about Adachi -- just pages and pages of anxiety and a very small world: "myself" and Shimamura. The final scene however was a fitting way to end.

EDIT: One final thought: The part about the importance of the classroom and how the relationship would fall apart if they weren't in the same class hit hard. That's something I've thought a lot about after graduating and leaving school. You really can't overstate the convenience of people self-identifying their interests (at least in college) in being in the same class, club, etc. It was way easier to find people with whom you might have things in common in the "real" world in school.

Looking forward to the next installment.

P.S. I apologize for the book. I just really like this series.

grammar notes

Chapter 3:

It was there that I at last made ascertain what it was that I was meant to do.

I'm guessing "made ascertain" should be "ascertained". I also find it slightly less awkward sounding if you replace "there" with "then" ...and perhaps also "at last" with "finally..

Chapter 5:

There were way more bikes than normally.

"There were way more bikes than normal."

P.S. Thanks again sneikkimies.

last edited at Oct 19, 2019 4:52PM

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

If the "baby bomb" were Kaoru's trick to get Reichi to speak overtly about their (lack of) relationship, I think she'd be able to know if he were cheating or not. I think that's giving her too much credit. ^^;

I hope that is what comes of it, but I'm banking on her being shocked the conversation when the conversation switches to that topic -- assuming it does.

Zero expectations.