Forum › Posts by Nezchan

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So, I've read like 20 variations of "At least your body doesn't lie" in like 100 different yuris and I really dislike people saying it. But for some reason I thought "At least your nipples are honest" was hilarious. I don't even know why. Not proud of myself for that.

I loved Gokujo Drops for that, with "that's just a physical reaction" and saying that your body reacting to stimulation really doesn't mean you have feelings for the person doing it. I don't know if I've seen any other manga that says anything similar.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I have seen yuri manga with plot like this about one billion times. And at this point i just click thru the pages with 'meh, boring' expression.

Really? A billion times, you say? Wow, I can only think of maybe three or four on the whole site where they do that "see you off with a smile" and actually do it.

Do we even have a billion manga?

Really, I feel sorry for authors who can't come up at least something original.

It must be hard for you, being such a discerning reader who can only enjoy completely original, never-before-attempted plots that blaze new ground with every page. There can't be much you can read without tossing it on the ground in disgust.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm reminded of the Maiden's Cake stories, little slices of life where girls fail to start relationships.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Expecting a lot from this writer, given their other work.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The most common interpretation is that Kasen is an oni posing as a hermit for some reason.

It makes sense, but it seems too easy. I'm hoping there's more to it than that.

Nezchan Moderator
New Moon discussion 22 Apr 08:54
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Semi lost with this story line maybe she died and then became like new again?
curious if any one else has an analysis of the ending, but I found the story itself very moving...

I was thinking that. There's the allusion to the moon, and while the moon goes dark and then comes back for a new cycle, the fact is it's still the same moon. So father than the Hakurei dying and being replaced by a new Hakurei, she goes through the act of dying, but remains the same Reimu as at the start. Apparently it's unknown at the end of each cycle whether a new Hakurei will come or whether the old one will return, refreshed for their task.

Although Marisa loving her both emotionally and physically during that critical point seems to have had some impact on the outcome.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So does...what does this chapter mean? Kasen was human and turned into an oni? Her kind act is literally an act? Gotta see the next chapter.

All we really know from this chapter is that Suika has known her in the past, she knows good sake when she sees it, and wasn't always a hermit. You can put those pieces together several ways, I'd say.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I've seen some instances where the women were the ones who temps men to cheat (consciously or unconsciously). What would a guy do if a temptation appeared with that instinct of theirs and the girl gave the green light? -- Grab the opportunity, thus leading to them cheating. It's a guy's instinct to stare if the woman is attractive. It's not like they are cheating if they do that unless there's a physical contact between them. I am not defending the guys that cheat, I am just giving them the benefit of the doubt. But still, you are correct, some guys are really morons.

You've said it yourself "It's a guy's instinct". Your first paragraph and second contradict eachother. How can a group who's more likely to cheat not cheat more? But I get what you were trying to say.

Oh lordy, "a guy's instinct". If there's one phrase that perfectly sums up the EvoPsych bullshit justifications for what is societally acceptable...

Honestly, guys don't cheat because of biology or w/e. Guys cheat because society has traditionally condoned, if not encouraged such behaviour much more by men than women. The old "guys are playas, girls are sluts" thing, with a side order of "a man has needs!" while denying that women have any needs at all. But these days you gotta lay a thin layer of semi-scientific justification over it, make it sound legit.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I like the take on Mio here, where she's reserved and shy out of her comfort zone, but when she understands and accepts her situation (in this case her relationship with Ritsu as lovers) then she loses that hesitation. You see it a lot in Fukutarou's stuff too.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

You should report wine bugs whenever you find one.

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

If you haven't liked any of the good manga you found try some of the bad manga? Sasameki Koto, Bakaretsu Tenshi, Blue Drop, AoiShirio, GIFT Under The Rainbow, there are a lot of bad manga that you might enjoy on Dynasty.

Oh god, I tried reading GIFT Under the Rainbow a while back. I can't even figure out why it was even made, let alone why it's on the site.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Eh, when it comes to spoilers, far as I'm concerned out of sight out of mind. As long as people aren't rubbing them in my face, for my purposes the webtoon exists as far as the most recent English translation.

I envy you so much. I find it almost impossible not to look at spoilers if they're available. I find it fun when you have an idea of a world through the spoilers, and it completely changes when watching/reading/whatever. The only thing stopping me from this is that I want to read other yuri, and the thread is big.

That's one reason I split off the spoiler thread, because there's always a temptation to see what's behind those black bars. Especially for me, since I had to make sure nobody was posting links to the stuff Halmori didn't want linked.

Of course the bigger reason was because it would be really difficult to have a smooth conversation about the chapters being released here when 90% of the space is full of spoilers talking about 25 chapters further on.

Nezchan Moderator
Prunus Girl discussion 20 Apr 13:09
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, the relationship between Hanazaka and Wakakusa is rock solid, because they are completely in love and completely trust each other. Wakakusa was never affraid Non-chan would take away Hanazaka from her.

But it doesn't mean it can't be an open relationship, as long as the third one doesn't hope to drive a wedge between the two. When Non-chan seems to "give up", she says as much. She can clearly see that there's no hope she can take Hanazaka for herself. But it's still pretty obvious that she's strongly attracted to both Wakakusa and Hanazaka and still hang out a lot with them.

So I think there's room for her in a 3P, as long as she loves both equally, because these two, even if they toy with her, wouldn't dare to hurt her.

That may be true, but I'd like to see Non-chan experience a love that's just for her. She's a good girl, and would make her lover happy for sure. Besides, it would bust her out of the "one of the faceless girls" mold she's assumed for herself.

Nezchan Moderator
Prunus Girl discussion 20 Apr 11:02
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Pet is good too... :3

I mean the pair isn't evil. And Non-chan made it pretty obvious that she's actually very much turned on by both.

Wakakusa likes toying with her too.

Nezchan Moderator
Prunus Girl discussion 20 Apr 10:58
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I just hope for Non-chan that the lesbian pair doesn't mind a 3some.

I support 3P, but in this case I think Non-chan needs to get a sweet girl of her very own. In a relationship with those two, she's end up their pet more than their partner.

Nezchan Moderator
HOT ORANGE discussion 20 Apr 10:31
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Saki is so bad for Nodoka's heart.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

oh wow that prank made my heart drop XD lol

I thought it was hilarious, she's such a dope. And it's so cute that Seol-A is innocent enough to buy it.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think Nez mentioned a number of pages back that Halmoni is the only one allowed to post that up.

I honestly don't mind if people post my translation/comico link here faster than I do lol. I just don't want Korean raw downloads to be circulating around publicly (since it looks like a few people from Korea actually visit Dynasty lmao).

To be honest, I'd prefer to leave these as you-only as it makes it much easier to keep track of the links being posted. You generally post pretty quickly, so I don't have sympathy for someone who's that desperate to get it NOWNOWNOWNOWNOW.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Not as good as Melty Kiss, but Pikachi's a pretty high bar. Still nice to see all those kisses though.

Nezchan Moderator
Their Story discussion 19 Apr 20:48
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nezchan:

Or do you maybe want me to start spoiler-tagging entire comments and turn this into Fluttering Feelings II?

Fluttering Feelings II: Gyeong-woo's Revenge

... I've got nothing actually constructive to add.

Well it's also, like the invulnerable masochist, kind of hard to top.

Nezchan Moderator
Citrus discussion 19 Apr 18:52
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Hmmm...Been a month since the raws for chapter 15 were released. Any day now. o.o
* sets up camp *
* starts campfire *
* starts grilling marshmallows *
Anybody want some?

Relevant to your interests.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Hetero sex should never be allowed here

Not sure if...

Hold up, lemme fix that. DON'T CARE if trolling. Cut it the fuck out. Everyone on the reader knows your opinion on het, you do nothing by repeating it but annoying people. And I'm here to keep members from being annoyed.

Keep it up and you're out. This is your warning.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm not even sure why people are bothering with spoiler tags, given the whole thing is here on the reader.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Top of Page 8, she looks a lot like Yui from K-ON.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This was a really interesting challenge to translate. I've not had much experience with long-form translation in quite a while, and then I wanted to keep the 'children's book' feel to the language as well...

How'd I do, d'ya think?

https://youtu.be/b3cEYSacVHI?t=47s