Forum › New Moon discussion

Tumblr_m6qk60jppk1r95frro1_500
joined May 28, 2013

Wait am confused - did she die or not?

joined May 31, 2013

Yea, Edward and Jacob died to.

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

I don't think she died, Yukari said there was a possibility that things would change (i.e. the Hakurei shrine maiden would change), but also that things could stay the same. I suppose it seemed like she was dying but there was some hocus-pocus and she revived at the last minute? All the stuff with Marisa being so worried about Reimu was quite touching, though.

Cute%20patchy
joined Oct 11, 2013

I'm not sure of what happened, but when Reimu called it a sick joke, I was thinking that maybe it all came from Marisa's imagination. Maybe she was practicing for what was soon to come...

joined Jan 8, 2014

Semi lost with this story line maybe she died and then became like new again?
curious if any one else has an analysis of the ending, but I found the story itself very moving...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Semi lost with this story line maybe she died and then became like new again?
curious if any one else has an analysis of the ending, but I found the story itself very moving...

I was thinking that. There's the allusion to the moon, and while the moon goes dark and then comes back for a new cycle, the fact is it's still the same moon. So father than the Hakurei dying and being replaced by a new Hakurei, she goes through the act of dying, but remains the same Reimu as at the start. Apparently it's unknown at the end of each cycle whether a new Hakurei will come or whether the old one will return, refreshed for their task.

Although Marisa loving her both emotionally and physically during that critical point seems to have had some impact on the outcome.

joined Jan 8, 2014

soo, Reimu did pass and then was restored physically and spiritually, and luckily the same Reimu came back instead of maybe a new one with no memories? or is the one at the end that kicks her actually have no memories of her dying phase? cuz it all seemed to be a secret the other characters were aware of since they have longevity...and now Marisa knows and has to keep it secret...
I dunno im prob over analyzing it, but it's a really interesting story...

To reply you must either login or sign up.