Forum › Posts by esn

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

What really? I'm a gal why call everyone guys?

I don't read spoilers. I feel baited you know. It's been tagged yuri but it's not yuri, you know?

The author has confirmed that FF is yuri. Please don't spread false information if you don't know all of the facts.

Don't you know? To be legitimately yuri the characters have to have sex every chapter and be totally and unquestionably gay. Failure is not to be tolerated. The manhwa must burn in the evil fires of heterosexuality. BURN IT PLOX but not before a sexy scene between No-rae and Seol-a where they scissor or something cause that's what all lesbos do, right?

I think it's pretty clear yuri... And the best, agonizing kind with character development.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

If you're sick of quality stories with realistic portrayals of heteronormative societies that don't contain girls kissing/having sex in every chapter, go read some crap like Yurika's Campus Life. I'm sure it'll be right up your alley.

You mean Yurika's Campus Life isn't a completely realistic thing that happens in every day life? Damn it, I was really depending on that whole stamen thing. My life is ruined now, thanks Halmoni.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

What really? I'm a gal why call everyone guys?

Calm down orange, I'm a girl too but people still call me dude or bro lol

Primary assumption of the internet: everyone is a neckbeard male until proven otherwise. But I guess that's ok. I'd rather be a dudebro than get harassed after a grand reveal. Post proof of being a girl on the internet once and it's dic pics galore.

I think this site actually has a pretty big female population. At least on the forums.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I totally understand where sus-lik is coming from. It has dragged on for a while now.

but I don't want to quit and I do enjoy the weekly updates. so there. not a negative comment!

As long as the author eventually finishes I much prefer a work that depicts fully fleshed out characters who develop together. I like that this isn't some one to five chapter quickie love story where they're already unquestionably gay, or the only people in their lives are each other. This is a more realistic approach to two women falling in love. Even if it takes a hundred chapters I'd rather that than it caving to exactly what some readers want. I want to see them fall in love, not just turn one page and go "Whelp, guess she loves her now".

I also think that the way the story is set and the characters are that No-rae might have rejected Seol-a at this point. Had she been able to state her feelings in that scene No-rae's character wasn't really prepared for a relationship and may not have put much consideration in Seol-a as a romantic possibility. She needs to tackle the old boyfriend issues first before she's at a place where she can be in a relationship with Seol-a.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Chapter One: "How shall I subtly lure my prey into the trap?"

Chapter Two: "Fuck it, I'll stand here with my tits out and make an overtly sexual request when she's pressured not to refuse. Close enough."

Can confirm, works every time.

Source: My friendly neighborhood rapist told me so.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

why should I read some cheap love story publishing once an eternity about typicall geeks, when I can see it everywhere in every movie and book and song,

I don't really understand what is going on in your post.

No-rae has some sort of trauma with this ex-boyfriend. In order for her to realize her totally gay feelings we have to work through this trauma and see her character get past it. Totally necessary character development. Sorry they're not gold-star lesbians.

esn
Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Summary of the novel it's based on. I'll wait to watch once the whole thing is out.

In the future, Utopia has finally been achieved thanks to medical nanotechnology and a powerful ethic of social welfare and mutual consideration. This perfect world isn't that perfect though, and three young girls stand up to totalitarian kindness and super-medicine by attempting suicide via starvation. It doesn't work, but one of the girls--Tuan Kirie--grows up to be a member of the World Health Organization. As a crisis threatens the harmony of the new world, Tuan rediscovers another member of her suicide pact, and together they must help save the planet...from itself.

esn
Otsu Hiyori discussion 16 Nov 01:08
Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Gulf Standard

And frankly if she was making a conscious effort to move away from yuri, Otomodachi kara Hajimemashou wasn't an especially good attempt at it.

Yea, it was giving me a real headache since OKH is just as gay as her other works.

It's so unconsciously gay I thought it was yuri and yaoi...

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Meifong is my favorite character. Has been since she first showed up.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

This is a little more rapey than BDSM right now.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I read that study. It's a little inaccurate as well as misleading to bottle up sexuality as simply a response to stimuli.

This study's method monitored physical reactions that people have no control over. Even when the body is forced into nonconsensual intercourse there is a physical reactions taking place. So sure, women responded in a way to viewing sexual stimulus. But sexuality goes beyond that, and I'd disagree to the reduced conclusion that all women are gay because of it. As much as I'd like to believe it.

Take the conclusion with a hefty dash of salt.

esn
Their Story discussion 09 Nov 20:43
Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Only lesbian has to say "I'm sorry" before confessing.

I don't know, sometimes you can start off with "Fuck you!" before confessing.

I wish it had been a little longer. What a cliffhanger. I'm voting for big blushing and stuttering reactions.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Fipse

Well it's pretty much impossible that at her age she don't have a notion about how sex works,

In anime? Totally possible.

Sadly -cough- Sakura Trick -cough-

Well at least I don't think it's Mamori case, and sure some animes have innocent characters that really don't know anything, but in Sakura Trick they're just mentally challenged...

I'd like to strongly disagree but I cant seem to prove that they're fully functioning.

last edited at Nov 9, 2015 8:36PM

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

It's gotten a legs tag... Seems that the fetish tagging is expanding. I hope we start getting skirt tags soon too. Not that that's my fetish or anything. It totally is.

Wouldn't skirts tag apply to almost everything on the site? Certainly more than 90%.

That's pretty much the reason why I'm here.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

esn

Once when I was trying to discuss how difficult it was to find novels with female characters who love each other the response I got was "Why does it have to be two girls? Aren't other romances fine? Lesbians could read gay or het guy romance too. Unless you're just looking for erotica?"

Is it just me or does that quote seem to imply that het or gay romance isn't necessarily erotica while anything involving lesbians would definitely be?

Gay and lesbian seem to be assumed as erotica, while het doesn't have to be. That's what I got out of what they were saying. It was a stupid conversation.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

esn

It's gotten a legs tag... Seems that the fetish tagging is expanding. I hope we start getting skirt tags soon too. Not that that's my fetish or anything. It totally is.

I wouldn't say fetish, but I like skirt the best too. High five! o/

(* ´ ∀`)人(´∀`*)
Skirts might have transcended fetishism for me.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

That's a good article. It makes a lot of sense. I think it really does apply to all media that hold possibilities of romance.

I stopped writing/reading fanfiction due to the lack. I was spending more time searching for it than actually reading it, and there was a huge lack of response when writing it. Original work is just as lacking as fanfiction. It's tough to find quality novels that feature lesbians that aren't solely shitty smut. I'm focused on originals now.

I first started using this site as a teenager on a shared computer. I started out with mostly the sweet SFW romances. I started fearing people finding out I was using this site altogether, afraid the more risque stories would be lumped together and give off the general impression that I was spending time every week on a manga equivalent of brazzers. That's with my family already knowing I was a lesbian. That's what lesbians in the media seemed to a lot of people around me at the time - it stemmed from discomfort with broadcasting sexuality.

Once when I was trying to discuss how difficult it was to find novels with female characters who love each other the response I got was "Why does it have to be two girls? Aren't other romances fine? Lesbians could read gay or het guy romance too. Unless you're just looking for erotica?" I personally like the idea of identifying with a main character sexually if there is going to be some romance to a story. It makes perfect sense that stories can be more immersive if there are common aspects that a reader can identify with. It seems there's a competition between what is normal and what are personal preferences. I understand why some heterosexuals would not be as into a pairing that is lesbian, especially if they had hopes with other characters. In that sense, that's why we have the idea of heterosexuality as a normalcy. Even as homosexuality is more accepted I think there's still going to be an issue with the amount of lesbian stories we receive due to the population difference. There's a possibility that as people continue to become more open it will increase, because I mean, we can all agree on things like MulderxScully right? So why not Korrasami as well? It'll probably be a while though.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

esn

Still waiting for a gif of this scene. It's very important to me.

Yea, tried to find gif of it first, but there seems to be nothing yet ;/

http://g1.flamingtext.ft-uc.com/MjAxNTExMDk/flamingtext_com_MDYyMTA2MTgxMzA.jpg

This is brilliant XD

It's a screencap from episode 5.5 of course. Titled "Akira's Assumed Manhood".

I really hope the double entendre is caught...

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Finally watched new episode. It was comedy gold xD I was laughing almost entire time. Sure, it has some really good moving moments, but man it was overshadow with absurd XD (well it is still in realm of what could happen there, but still, can you blame me?)

Still waiting for a gif of this scene. It's very important to me.

unless you consider shoe to the crotch as passionate kiss ;x

You mean it isn't? I guess I've been kissing wrong the entire time. No wonder I'm not getting any second dates.

The kicker? When she though about finally becoming "non-virgin Tokonome" what was Illusion!Akira doing? Fingering her.

be fair, if we going with sheltered virgin scenario, she might not know how boys would act (she loves the ideal prince fantasy, so obviously he won't act like horny teenager), so the only way she could imagine it was the way Mirei is handling her. Sorry, now I'm kinda sounding like I'm trying to disprove that Mamori is indeed a unaware lesbian ^ ^"

That, or Mamori has never seen a penis before and all she knows about sexual pleasure is from what Mirei has done to her... I think it's pretty plausible to assume it's mostly just ignorance. She should stay like that though.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Long story short, I think Mamori is actually super gay but never noticed it and as soon as she have some time with her prince she will wake up to reality and forget "him", going straight as a rainbow in Mirei arms.

I'm inclined to agree. Sheltered little virgin, and it's pretty clear that she responds to Mirei at least sexually. Right now her world is just Mirei/Akira-sexual because those are the people she would feel the most safe with (more because they fall into the prince category). I think she'll embrace the sexuality a bit more later on. I mean, she's kind of stuck in a situation with continuous orgasms if we believe that "driving" comes from orgasm and a connection between the extar and liberator. I wouldn't mind living on Mermaid island.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I don't think they would show that a girl turn giant just to give fanservice...

Or would they?
¯_(ツ)_/¯

it's a little hard to think straight when they shove boobs in our faces

I have no idea what you're talking about.

But Mamori do! Althought I doubt she really ever thought straight before.

Yeah, probably not.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Or would they?
¯_(ツ)_/¯

it's a little hard to think straight when they shove boobs in our faces

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Or would they?
¯_(ツ)_/¯

last edited at Nov 8, 2015 10:08AM

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

This is getting ridiculous

You're just jelly of minimininimi minini's boobs.