Forum › Posts by Nekomancer47

Nekomancer47
Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

This is really interesting so far, but there's this undercurrent to it that I can't quite place, but makes me worried.

Yeah, I got that too! I think it was around when that old lady was talking about her friend passing away, and our MC mentioned she had never thought about that kind of thing before and she was worried her gf might disappear someday.

I don't really think the story will go in such a direction, but like that moment alone and the general "too relaxed that it's eerie" vibe makes me feel like some bad thing could pop up out of nowhere and totally throw things for a loop...

Nekomancer47
Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

Did you really have to respond to a week old pissing match?

Sure, why not?

last edited at Nov 2, 2019 8:39AM

Nekomancer47
Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

Nezchan posted:

Y'all aren't owed any sort of explanation for why someone feels the way they do

Nope, but when they make a big deal in public about it, they're entitled to ask.

You mean forums are actually for discussing topics and not just dropping your opinion and bailing on the thread? Wtf.

Right--evidently the proper reply to the question, "Could you tell us why you think this is shit?" is "You're not the boss of me."

Never asked that though, jumped immediately to insults, I don't entertain ppl who insult me.

Thumbs Down
Your replies have gone down hill.

Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

This makes my heart the big heart

Nekomancer47
Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

"Wanna be friends?"

rolls Persuasion: Natrual 1

"No."

"Alright. How 'bout girlfriends then?"

rolls Persuasion: Natural 20

"Okay."

Nekomancer47
Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

Man, I do love this manga. It's really wacky and the art style is cool.

But...every chapter just makes me feel so frustrated with every character besides Lucas. I just feel so bad for him, putting up with everyone's shit despite trying his hardest to help and keep everyone safe. Yet he just gets kicked around. And, yeah, he's sort of a pushover, and I guess the whole point of the manga is to feel bad for Lucas, but still. It's just so brutal, back to back, every chapter...

Still enjoying it and gonna keep reading it, but poor Lucas is like the Squidward of this story: a sort of stick in the mud, but the only real rational and sane person among a bunch of crazies that keep stepping all over him.

Nekomancer47
Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

I think this deserves a "What the fuck am I reading" tag.

Nekomancer47
Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

People NEVER change

Who hurt you?

Nekomancer47
VAMPEERZ discussion 21 Apr 18:05
Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

This first chapter seemed decent enough to me I suppose, but after reading some of these comments I'm getting a little worried. What's the issue people have with this author, exactly?

Nekomancer47
Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

Love her Splatoon shirt

Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

Wow, didn't think so many people would like this. Personally, I really wasn't into it at all. I know it's a 4-koma and all, but the relationship made no sense and moved really damn fast. The characters barely felt like characters to me, and what little I did know about them didn't endear me to them at all. Main shy girl is oblivious and innocent to the point of being roped into a relationship in literally seconds with a complete stranger, yet she claims she loves her anyways. The delinquent girl is literally a rapist who seems to have done this with other girls in the past, even developing a liking for when her targets protest against her advances. I don't care who someone is, rape and sexual assault is not okay by any stretch of the imagination, and I'm no saint so even if someone tries to swear that shit off I could never forgive them. So many people are saying it's cute, and yeah, it's a short little comic that probably isn't meant to be taken too seriously or anything, but it's all so creepy and frankly disgusting to me.

I'm not trying to shit on anyone who does like this story. If you do, that's completely fine and I respect that. But to me, this was honestly a chaotic train wreck. Maybe I am taking this a bit too seriously, but that's just how I felt.

Nekomancer47
Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

It has confirmed yuri ending. MC is comicsexual anyway.

Thanks for the confirmation!

Nekomancer47
Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

Just found this and read through the first chapter only. Can anyone tell me if this is actually het or yuri? Or like a combo of both where one of the girls ends up with a guy for part of it then switches over to the gay side? Or, worse, they bait you with the smart girl having feelings for the other girl, but then make her fall in love with the bumbling protagonist guy? Seems funny enough, and I like the art style, but I'm unfortunately very uptight about my yuri and usually drop stuff that brings in het, especially ones that pull the old gay to het switcheroo on the reader. Would just like to know if it's worth reading or not.

last edited at Oct 31, 2018 6:07PM

Nekomancer47
Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

Dense girls practicing kissing while their practice partner secretly likes them? I've never seen that before.

Next this author will probably blow our minds with a plot about two high school girls falling in love through their club activities.

What original plotlines will we see next? I can't wait to find out.

Damn, if you don't care for the story you can just move on. Not everything you read can/will be a fuckin masterpiece that's gonna blow your socks off.

Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

I think this is a great addition to the site, and I'm grateful for the people who took the time to translate everything so well. Sure, it may have less "pretty pictures" than most people are used to when surfing this site, but it's still yuri and contains enough illustration to be here. Plus, there's a damn light novel and text tag, so if someone doesnt want to read it, they know to stay away from it right away. Hell, I've even seen a few purely het and yaoi things on this site and I've never complained about it. I'm always in favor of more, properly tagged content with the option of not having to take part in it as opposed to no option for it at all. To those that uploaded this, keep up the great work, your efforts are appreciated! And for those who aren't into this, that's fine. There's many other things that are probably up your alley on this site. Just let the light novels be. You don't HAVE to read them.

Nekomancer47
Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

Eh, it feels kind of weird. A sempai she'd had feelings for randomly wants to go out AFTER they've graduated college and been apart... Suddenly they're living together without any kind of physically relationship, probably not even a kiss. It just doesn't make any sense. Too much of it is skipped.

Then the focus is randomly on "battle underwear" having skipped any kind of relationship or character development. That's not how you do a good story.

I agree. I felt pretty confused reading this. I think this might be a story that's more focused on the comedic events of each chapter, like "battle underwear" and the protag's silly fantasies for this chapter, but even if this is just going to be heavy on the comedy and light on the character development, I feel like there isn't even really enough of a base to either of these characters. Like, who are they? Why do they care about each other? What made the senpai want to suddenly go out with the main girl? I feel like these things should be addressed a bit more, even if the manga isn't going to explicitly focus on these things and just use them as a vehicle for the comedy.