Forum › Posts by Pyrrho

Pyrrho
Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021
Kkxuroky-1612173752631951360-img1

I hope (now traumatized) Miorine tries to rehabilitate Suletta more than run away, though both are sane options.

Pyrrho
joined Sep 1, 2021
Peyo_ruru-1612037383863828483-img1

Trained psychopath X Medical company CEO

joined Sep 1, 2021

This is precious and would be cuter if both leads weren't desperate for female affection. Not that the emotions are unrealistic, but the girls dwell on it a lot instead of the other's good points. I want to see hurdles couples can face when advancing from a blatantly opportunistic relationship! Adorably! Though I'm not going to hold out too much hope the story will lean into that beyond the standard rapport and luck.

The situation is kind of funny and headed towards an upbeat ending. Rurika self-isolated because her classmates were boy-crazy. Tano is greatly swayed by appearances just like the boys Rurika doesn't care about, and obsessing.

last edited at Jan 5, 2023 8:32PM

Pyrrho
joined Sep 1, 2021

Raimon flustered by Haruno was adorable as usual. More importantly, she noticed psychic interference that covers up (and distracts from) critically thinking about Yuu. Interesting worldbuilding. It's similar to the force responsible for school staff ignoring Yuu's overnight transfer.

last edited at Dec 19, 2022 3:16AM

joined Sep 1, 2021
Osawa841-1602201815797432320-img1

Those were my favorite moments of the show thus far.

joined Sep 1, 2021

With the system returning soon, I wonder if Yvonne can stay romantically assertive in the relationship. Cheap drama says no, but I hope the story is more creative than that.

I wish we knew how much Elsa has pieced together Evie's predicament so far, and she should have more clues if Yvonne goes back to avoiding certain phrases and doing certain things. Maybe Evie is safer after the kiss unlocking her Route / uncovering the one-and-only destiny for Elsa in this world, and the system is actually powerless to stop Evie in any case where she doesn't blatantly break the letter of its demands. Like not revealing its existence by saying she's under a spell, or ignoring the empty threat of Warning popups.

last edited at Dec 11, 2022 10:28PM

joined Sep 1, 2021
  1. The last part has black around it, I know this usually means flashback, but what about this context?

This story often uses black space outside panels for nighttime. It's nice when you get used to it and I'd like to see this visual cue more. Though it can be confusing if a work also uses flashback-to-black.

1. I'm not asexual or ACE, but I'm always looking for something to refer to friends who are (they're thirsty!). Peeps out there who read this, am I missing something, it's pretty much a straight solid asexual type relationship, yeah?

A queer solid asexual relationship, yeah lol. It was presented really well. Maybe we need an asexual couple tag for when the ace representation is intentional or at least strongly demonstrated. (I suggested it the tag) The two main characters conveyed how they experience love, and they're compatible.

By the halfway point there were very strong implications, at least by contrast with others expectations, that the two main characters are ace or demi-sexual, their way of being won't change, and their romance won't be conveyed by swapping mucus. Hinako was presented as sex-averse, and worried about it. It may not have felt obvious it was something more than "pure" fluffy (or sanitized and indeterminate) romance, because I sure couldn't shake worry I was too optimistic until the ending. This was great and I'll probably recommend it in the future.

The one thing I didn't like is the little sister saying she'll pursue the older friend at the end. I know it's foreshadowed and brought up a lot, it was a sweet final career aspiration, but their chemistry undercut the romance too many times earlier.

joined Sep 1, 2021

Wingman detected! She's presented positively + open to change and new things + saw affectionate lesbians and approved (kinda). I'm betting that the gal trying willow is eventually going to be much-needed support in Aya's corner. This isn't a fresh theory, but I'm only onboard after this chapter. Though I'm still wary of the blond's reaction when Aya's crush on "Onii-san" outs her.

Coping Mechanism slaps btw. Someday I'll set hours aside to go through the 121+ pages of song recs, plus the playlist, because I'm getting more interesting music recommendations in this thread than from my other circles.

joined Sep 1, 2021
Srmo_momo-1599432594617434112-img1

Beautiful art, but it's fan-theories so don't read into it too much

joined Sep 1, 2021
Yabooo_2000-1599406910423576577-img1%20(1)

I won't be surprised if Lilique captures the heart of that space idol.

last edited at Dec 5, 2022 10:30PM

joined Sep 1, 2021
Daydreambonsai-1598419973848039424-img1

Oh no. Panic can make you a useless lesbian even with a girl inches away.

joined Sep 1, 2021

So there's a conflict between two goddesses who, considering the genre, are probably estranged lovers.

Did not see the sudden bit of dark past coming...

Yvonne isn't running short on reasons to dislike herself anytime soon. She's under coercion but hasn't betrayed nor been fickle, and the penance can't be too bad if she met Elsa.

And we're at or near a milestone! The novel translation is now about caught up to the manhua, because both are at this flower scene but the timelines are different. Thank you and congrats Golden Orchid, riverFlower, and 狐 (fox).

joined Sep 1, 2021

Even if the twins have mixed feelings on their father coming home, to Tsubame it was a depressing reminder of what bio-families are. But we also saw Tsukie act more affectionate towards Tsubame than we've seen so far!

The mix of appreciation and apathy towards the father was rendered really well. The twins had such low expectations of him that even knowing he would probably be home soon, they thought of a criminal at the door but not the unreliable dad arriving without warning. He's safe, not a stranger, and brings some financial cushion, but only Suu was outright happy to see him. I actually dislike him less now.

We've been told and shown in multiple ways that the father isn't a great communicator and avoids it, and he needs more logical explanations because subtler interactions seem more difficult for him. So far he hasn't seemed selfish, but he's inconsiderate and ill-equipped for people. Suu's young mom left in tears, and there are issues similar to Reika in a story full of repetition, so no matter the extenuating circumstances it's a reasonable assumption that the father deserves a lot of blame for Suu's mom's unhappiness.

joined Sep 1, 2021

That stung so much that Gujou cried. It's probably wrong to say she has to give up soon, as she has been holding on for so long. At least we got a good range of expressions from Jin-ran.

The previous chapter was sweet and wonderful as well. Sometimes I wonder why there's no subtext tag just for how much subtext this manga uses in its storytelling, but the yuri itself isn't just subtext so it would give the wrong idea to have both tags.

joined Sep 1, 2021

Tsukushi probably hasn't noticed her friends Sara and Yuu are a couple.

last edited at Nov 23, 2022 12:43AM

joined Sep 1, 2021

That was a great chapter. The most soothing part of this manga is when Akira's affection leads her to shout at Satsuki.

And 4 foreshadowing panels for Shiina and Seo. It looked like Shiina's lie detector pinged on Seo deflecting from manipulating Michinaga. Does Seo still have the gentler personality if she recalls participating in attempted murder, or is something else up with her? (She did take too long inflating the floaty before Shiina nearly drowned... not so adorable now is it?) How low will Shiina go? More death flags are always nice.

last edited at Nov 18, 2022 10:37PM

Pyrrho
joined Sep 1, 2021

Usually Umika's hairties seem like a mystical phenomena so it's weird to see them with outlines on the table.

joined Sep 1, 2021

Oh how I've missed Aya's bubbly embarrassment.

Mitsuki hasn't thought over her identity, beyond being a guitarist, so we can enjoy her cute panic without worrying about anything serious. The gender-nonconforming subtext is heartfelt, and wonderful, but only some of it is intended by the author. That's still subtext, though it can only help people see depth in what's already there and won't connect the dots between plot events. I love to see people make those connections to their own knowledge, in this case with experiences far more common among trans and GNC populations. It costs you nothing to treat the comparison charitably even if you blow it off. I just acknowledge any common points and can forget any labels and norms that the characters ignore or don't reference.

if this thread learns about butch trans women, he/him lesbians or bio queens it will probably explode

That's a terrible idea and I want to see that. I wonder how many labels feasibly suit the characters, and how many more we could just force through because they're unfalsifiable. Maybe Uncle is an ex-yakuza drag queen. We'll never prove who is cis either.

last edited at Nov 13, 2022 8:34PM

joined Sep 1, 2021

That came off as Tsubame wants to die onstage: dying doing what she loves, next to those she loves, and surrounded by those who love her. Hopefully it's not a literal death so much as losing her ability and having to actually face the unknown future.

I'm now totally convinced the dad will turn out to be a kind of scumbag. The twins are great at surviving but I guess that includes making excuses or imagining what Masahime would say instead of criticizing their father. Suu is happy and is better off without the negativity. Nothing exactly new.

The parents were trash this chapter, just two flavors of neglect. Yet I loved this chapter. Thanks for translating.

last edited at Nov 9, 2022 7:06PM

joined Sep 1, 2021

Both women feel worthless, yet Konno ironically keeps trying to give Yumimaru hope and confidence. Renting a friend and her object of adoration is incredibly sad and desperate, but I think Konno is also motivated by compassion. Even two chapters in, I relate to the characters. The artist previously created an amazing manga involving a different countdown and the writing is great, so my hopes are sky high. Still less dark than that other summer manga..

I don't get what's bad about having your farewell letter read at your funeral... But then I have trouble with that kind of things in general. I have no idea what hurts others when it comes to death or love. (and since I'm depressive and suicidal myself I always end up hurting people by mistake :( )

I'm honestly conflicted about answering, but taboo is counterproductive, and that's a valid question:

At minimum, words from beyond the grave will force the mourners to grapple with a present-tense persona they've already been thinking of in past-tense, and who they will never meet again. I wouldn't call it "vengeful" but it is knowingly inflicting a kind of disorienting pain even if the words are comforting. For someone distant from family, or passive-aggressive in the slightest, a note would be a reminder of that distance and lack of reliance. For a suicide, the farewell letter is surprising most or all of the mourners with a suicide note, which further emphasizes how each of them was in the end useless to the deceased. I'm not saying a farewell letter can't be done well, and I think even family has no right to be possessive about someone's life nor how they handle death. "Ruining" one's own funeral is rad. A snarky or vengeful farewell letter is an interesting way to burn out, especially as a footnote to fighting, raging, to survive.

joined Sep 1, 2021

Finally, Evie! She seemed to largely acknowledge her feelings after the nightmare and hug, but it's in words now. Time for a fresh round of excuses for not confessing.

The "witch", as the novel calls her, will probably interfere with the system until the festival. It could be longer but I'd be surprised if the sweet relief lasts long beyond the festival's climax.

last edited at Nov 6, 2022 6:20PM

joined Sep 1, 2021

This story is a gem. Mom's gender identity was irrelevant to being a mom. And Papa was reliable wholesomeness.

The girl's cute dream of being at her parents' wedding ceremony was all the sweeter because of the innocence of the wish when reality is complicated.

Pyrrho
joined Sep 1, 2021

Simple, uplifting, and realism. So many emotions. I loved it.

joined Sep 1, 2021

That was beautiful. So much so that my eyes nearly leaked.

joined Sep 1, 2021

^ edit: Yes, use of that drug was grody and unnecessary in multiple ways. I do feel cheated as a reader and there's no weight to the violation if characters excuse it quickly, but it's done.

Yvonne isn't that dense anymore. She'd been in denial about her feelings but she was getting close before the potion. The disabled System and Yvonne's increased bravery have made a lot of difference. It's like Other-Elsa rushed something already in the imminent future due to lack of time. And also to mess with Yvonne.

The other Elsa probably only knew an evil Yvonne brainwashed by a Mare or something like the game version, before magic or an effect of a bad end medicated her.

last edited at Oct 31, 2022 4:12AM