Forum › Posts by ColonalCat

ColonalCat
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Surprisingly I can totally see that as being the canon way girls "die" in that show. And I would be all for it.

ColonalCat
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

^
Have you read http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/present ?

OH. MY. GOD.

That is one of my favorites of all time! I'm overheating a bit right nowww...

ColonalCat
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

So basically a yuri manga, but with the beginning and ending removed, leaving only the good bit. Guess I can live with that.

There is always a time and place for pure fluff.

ColonalCat
Haru Ni discussion 19 Sep 00:51
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Well to breathe life into the idea once again...the cherry blossoms blooming signify something grim in this oneshot, and I would not call it farfetched to label them as deathly. And this author was very diligent with shading the entire time, so to think that her coat not being shaded was purely an accident is unlikely. I would say we have sufficient evidence to say she was having a painful and nostalgic recollection of that day a couple years later...regarding her unrequited love partner, though?

I will point back toward the cherry blossom tree once again. The trees seem ravenous and parasitic...feeding off of dead dreams. Now from what I've gathered there are two possibilities: either it's feeding off of Re's dead dreams or it's feeding off of Fuyu's dead dreams. This leads into either the route where the trees are sapping off of their dead high school dreams and that be it, but! that would make the timeskip portion seem pointless and weak. It doesn't gel together too well. There are a few possible other routes, but the only one that encompasses the pinnacle of both their dreams dying is Fuyu committing suicide. Not only is Fuyu's dream of being a ballerina dead, but Re's dream of Fuyu officially 'dies' completely along with her.

I don't particularly think that this has to be the case though. It very well could be simply Re painfully and wistfully recalling that day (which probably hurt her a lot) when she steps into the train station again. This also carries a lot of weight, and is a sufficient explanation for the imagery used.

So, in conclusion, I think it is impossible to rule suicide out as an option, but it is equally impossible to declare it the perpetrator.

...man I love non-Western storytelling. So much dissection you just can't do in any other genre.

ColonalCat
Image Comments 18 Sep 11:26
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

ALL the dramas wrapped up into two panels

ColonalCat
Image Comments 18 Sep 11:23
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014
20275793_p0

Fipse I'm hoping you're just being facetious.

ColonalCat
Stretch discussion 13 Sep 19:59
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

The Storywriter is under our ranks. infiltrating the comment section

Plot twist Maus is Shou.

ColonalCat
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Man I love Hibiki and Haruka but I just can't wrap my head around anything but HibiTaka and ChiHaru, no matter how good the writing.

ColonalCat
Trance discussion 12 Sep 18:24
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

I love this because it also is a big time Aaaaangsty Souryuu x Hiryuu in the background.

I can't help but see this as a "What happened after the Summer 2015 FS Operation"

ColonalCat
Stretch discussion 12 Sep 18:21
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

What in the actual living fuck was up with the last couple panels. I am so confused now.

ColonalCat
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

This is progressing very smoothly, very fluid writing.

ColonalCat
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Probably would have been better to spread this out over ~3-4 chapters, but I like the premise behind it. I think it felt slightly washed out since it squished a mini-story into 40 pages.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Ya know, I love this style...most especially because it's such a foreign and unusual form of storytelling you will almost never see this side of the Pacific. There is no real opening, there is no real closing. You get just pure cake, not the mouse or filling.

"Savaging someone" is actually a real phrase though, meaning viciously attack them. So it kinda works here, although so uncommon compared to "ravage" as to make it look weird.

Minor note here too...whether or not a word exists doesn't particularly matter. The issue is whether or not your choice of verbiage is the best possible way to convey your meaning. If the former was a real problem, no one would have gone to any of Shakespeare's plays. It's the main reason the language is so difficult, beyond the 'everything is an exception' rule...a very small proportion of even the most intelligent, schooled, and native speakers can legitimately claim mastery of it...and even they always have something they should be working on.

My guess is that savage seemed like a better choice since it evokes a more 'beastly' and 'wild' connotation, similar to a wolf. People usually ravage, beasts usually savage. Although a fair and informed argument could be made about either word.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

\o/

ColonalCat
Image Comments 04 Sep 21:04
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014
E94300339b0c100a19b0947b33dcd6ae

No lies, this might be the best kissing sequence I've seen in a long time.

ColonalCat
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Act cute? Are you crazy? Pay up if you wanna see me act cute.

Seol-A's cousin's got her head screwed on straight.

ColonalCat
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

and here i thought every one knew haruka and yuu are together

Well I knew Yuzu is dense about everything including her own feelings, and I'm sure Kotone is the most aware about everything of everyone. Kaede is pretty much convinced but can't just get concrete proof. Shizuku just doesn't care about that except for her own.

Kotone and Shizuku don't know about it because Haruka and Yuu are incredibly immature and barely count as being "in a relationship"

Gotta remember that they are high schoolers. Kotone and Shizuku are far more mature for their age than those around them.

I think what's important is that both are trying to learn about it and aren't being all nilly-willy about it.

last edited at Sep 2, 2015 1:54PM

ColonalCat
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

The issue I take is that if I read your comment correctly, you haven't watched Madoka yet? Dear God, spoiled or no, you are missing out on a treat amongst treats, Nez.

Not in a big hurry to. I know the plot, and not in a big hurry to actually watch magical girls get murdered and driven to depression. Break The Cutie isn't my favourite thing.

If you watch the whole thing through, it's actually a lot more beautiful, hopeful, and quite happy at the end (including through Rebellion) than it gets made out to be. The journey there? Oof. Not for the faint of heart. Of course, on your own time.

But I digress, different thread, different time.

ColonalCat
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

It's kind of impressive how, if you don't know the ships and their relationships very well, this makes no sense whatsoever. But clearly from the comments if you do, it works really well.

Isn't that pretty normal if you don't know a fandom?

Yeah, but there is the development of kind of getting what the characters are about when you read a bit about them through doujins, unless they're OOC of course.

Also, I got a third Akagi. So Kaga and her Akagi harem of 3 xD And the next event is around Carriers so we'll see.

@Nezchan You should succumb to our side and start playing KanColle xD Also watch the anime :P

I think Kancolle is like Touhou where you just kinda get to know the ships and their relationships by reading a bunch of doujin (at least that's how I got into Kancolle). It feels like most of the "canon" was created by the fandom anyway.

Tried that, but I've never really been able to get all these similar-looking characters straight in my head. Touhou was easy. Strike Witches was easy. Lucky Star, Madoka, PreCure, I could figure them all out without watching/playing the originals (although I watched S1 Strike Witches later on). But KanColle I find impenetrable for the most part.

KanColle has a metric shit ton of characters in it, and girls of the same class tend to look similar for obvious reasons (minus oddities like Murakumo). Understandable where you come from.

The issue I take is that if I read your comment correctly, you haven't watched Madoka yet? Dear God, spoiled or no, you are missing out on a treat amongst treats, Nez.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Woo, finally a new Kantai doujin. Kaga is strong, she's been carrying me this event alone xD I really want her and Akagi to get a Kai Ni..

Both have done wonders and are incredibly popular with everyone. They're just delaying it so as to extend the life of the game even more, since there are a number of other girls also eligible for a Kai Ni.

ColonalCat
Untitled discussion 28 Aug 13:14
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

THE ART!! OH MY GOD THE ART!!!

Is there something wrong with it? Seems okay to me, aside from the fact that they're apparently in a room with no traces of anyone living there. Bare walls, no rug, hardly anything on the nightstand, empty except for the nightstand, bed and curtain. Even hotel rooms feel more lived-in.

I think the OP was talking about how beautifully drawn Luka and Miku were. Some of the best I've seen in a while.

ColonalCat
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Well the mangaka talked about how much she loves sticky soap operas. She's done a good job replicating that lmfao.

I guess people are a fan of Takeda purely because I think most yuri manga either portray guys as insignificant or as cuntmuffins. He isn't really either, he just is young and naive about what the line between love and lust is. Which isn't particularly good for Yuma.

I'm just curious as to whether mangaka will clean things up properly or if she's going to purposely make a messed-up ending where no one is really happy.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Kaga be careful, hun. You are over level 100 now, they're gonna need you out in the waters, not in the dock.

ColonalCat
Stretch discussion 28 Aug 13:00
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

More seriously, hasn't Ran been pushing Keiko for a while now to sit down with her ex like adults and settle things once and for all? Whether getting back together or walking away doesn't matter, although obviously the latter would be better for Ran.

Actually a lot of the story parts have to do with Ran building Keiko up to the point where she can face her demons. Not just the ex but her mom too, and as we saw earlier dealing with simple things like seeing kids playing.

Tapping into this, if there is any yuri to be had in the end, having Keiko move on from her demons is the best place to start. Hard to have a real relationship with someone who hasn't settled things properly with their ex (especially when it was largely a one-sided fault on their part), and even harder when they're still stuck on a difficult relationship with those closest (parents, in this example).

Granted Keiko never really seemed to have a close relationship with her mother at all, but just being able to tie those ends off leaves a LOT more room for a lover to jump into and be held up properly.

ColonalCat
After Hours discussion 28 Aug 12:52
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

More gay cliffhangers at: .....

NO FUCKING KIDDING.