Img_2543
joined Feb 28, 2013

And in my brain all I can hear is Yuuna's "Nanaaaaamiii-chaaaaan"

Screenshot_2015-09-06-01-02-36~2~2
joined May 26, 2013

Yuuna's reaction and face when nanami began to strip...priceless

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

Extra time is somewhat of a critical blow for Nanami-chan ))

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

I've since fixed the small resolution pages being there for no reason.
As well as the needless folder in folder in folder in the archive.
Only really matters for those who download and save things.
Other than that, massive sweetness.

joined Feb 1, 2013

That's why Yuuna is the best! ^-^

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I detest no text manga. There are a very few cases where some short manga dosnt need words- for example a lone character observing a beautiful sunset and night in introspection, with extremely well done atmospheric panels, and its all about the 'feel' - that sort of thing.

Unfortunately they are not usualy like that - but like this. Where you actualy have characters who are interacting and SPEAKING! and you try to vaugely get across what they are saying with gestures and pictographs.

These ARE language- just very imprecise - its why language developed furthur so we can convey depth and subtlety. If you want your characters to speak just write the DAMN words!

It makes me think the author is so crap at writing dialouge - or thinks they are- they must have to resort to this. They need to get better at dialouge or get someone to write it for them.. Or stop wasting time on manga and use their artistic skill on something else.

I've over-reacted ofcourse, but except in a manga short where there IS no human interactions- or you have people but they dont speak - and you dont NEED words, then there is no excuse for this.

Can anyone give me a single good reason for having no-text when there are actual words being obfuscated or hidden by gestures, icons and unatural silences?

Theres a reason we dont write in pictographs and wave our arms about and gesture when we wish to communicate. And If a manga needs speach bubbles- then they should have text in them.

last edited at Jun 12, 2013 8:48AM

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

It makes me think the author is so crap at writing dialouge - or thinks they are- they must have to resort to this. They need to get better at dialouge or get someone to write it for them.. Or stop wasting time on manga and use their artistic skill on something else.

I've over-reacted ofcourse, but except in a manga short where there IS no human interactions- or you have people but they dont speak - and you dont NEED words, then there is no excuse for this.

Can anyone give me a single good reason for having no-text when there are actual words being obfuscated or hidden by gestures, icons and unatural silences?

Theres a reason we dont write in pictographs and wave our arms about and gesture when we wish to communicate. And If a manga needs speach bubbles- then they should have text in them.

http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/1501-speechless-discussion

posted by OrangePekoe

What makes it better [for me] is that the artist is only fluent in Thai, but wanted to write something everyone could enjoy. Is there a better way of doing that than getting rid of text entirely?

last edited at Jun 12, 2013 10:26AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

What makes it better [for me] is that the artist is only fluent in Thai, but wanted to write something everyone could enjoy. Is there a better way of doing that than getting rid of text entirely?

Thanks for the link - didnt know about that thread :)

As for ONLY speaking thai - thats like his ENTIRE country - and others in the world who speak it- i wouldnt call it a tiny group he can share it with. Also- that would apply to ALL japanese manga too- they dont worry the rest of the world cant read it . And as we see, if there are alot who want to- they translate it themselves.

last edited at Jun 12, 2013 3:31PM

joined May 31, 2013

It looks like the tables have turned. "Badum-tsh"

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

shouldnt it be YunaxNanami Table Turner?

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

My God... THIS IS ADORABLE! The no text makes it even better, really funny xD

I like the other one the same mangaka made for Sara and Kaede http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/saraxkaede_table_turner

Wish there were more for the other couples as well. Love the Sono Hanabira series :)

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

that first page was hillarious

Makiko
joined May 1, 2014

Nooooooo!!! Turn on the lights!!! Just when we are getting into the climax? Dx

Anime-anime-boy-black-and-white-boy-favim.com-1570867
joined May 7, 2014

Extra Time~

E
joined Feb 8, 2014

Last panels leave it to our imaginations.

joined Feb 11, 2016

Thanks for the link - didnt know about that thread :)

As for ONLY speaking thai - thats like his ENTIRE country - and others in the world who speak it- i wouldnt call it a tiny group he can share it with. Also- that would apply to ALL japanese manga too- they dont worry the rest of the world cant read it . And as we see, if there are alot who want to- they translate it themselves.

But not ALL of Thailand is going to read it, nor is everyone who is going to read it from Thailand or speaks Thai. And sure, the Japanese don't leave their dialogue in pictographics every single time, that'd be stupid for an entire medium that can't rely on sound. But, there are plenty of manga in a pictographic style like this. Besides, manga has been (until recently) purely targeted at a japanese audience and thus no real reason at all to translate it or remove dialogue.

Having this remain without Thai dialogue just removes the hassle of having to find a translator (or even waiting for it to be popular enough for someone to WANT to translate it) and lets everyone enjoy it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.