Forum › Posts by Haebara

Haebara
joined Feb 11, 2016
joined Feb 11, 2016

What makes it better [for me] is that the artist is only fluent in Thai, but wanted to write something everyone could enjoy. Is there a better way of doing that than getting rid of text entirely?

Thanks for the link - didnt know about that thread :)

As for ONLY speaking thai - thats like his ENTIRE country - and others in the world who speak it- i wouldnt call it a tiny group he can share it with. Also- that would apply to ALL japanese manga too- they dont worry the rest of the world cant read it . And as we see, if there are alot who want to- they translate it themselves.

But not ALL of Thailand is going to read it, nor is everyone who is going to read it from Thailand or speaks Thai. And sure, the Japanese don't leave their dialogue in pictographics every single time, that'd be stupid for an entire medium that can't rely on sound. But, there are plenty of manga in a pictographic style like this. Besides, manga has been (until recently) purely targeted at a japanese audience and thus no real reason at all to translate it or remove dialogue.

Having this remain without Thai dialogue just removes the hassle of having to find a translator (or even waiting for it to be popular enough for someone to WANT to translate it) and lets everyone enjoy it.

Haebara
Image Comments 24 Dec 22:23
Haebara
Her Desire discussion 08 Jun 19:51
joined Feb 11, 2016

I feel like it's a little more nuanced than that, to be honest. I think the Bully girl likes bullying people(since she seems like she's enjoying herself on the top left of page 2), but she also hates that she does it(as seen with how regretful she looks and how she starts crying at the end). I think it's rather similar to someone who has a terrible addiction(like gambling, smoking, cheating, etc) that feels really good when their in the act, but they always feel regretful when it's over.

It's like a "I know this is bad, but I just can't stop" kinda thing, and I feel like the dialogue proves this with phrases like, "her love is so warped// and hopelessly clumsy" and the fact that the protagonist girl sees this side of the Bully Girl as a part of who she is. I still don't think it's healthy, though