Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

joined Jan 31, 2015

palakangorange:

HypocriticalLiar:

Side Note:

Does anyone else keep track of how many "hearts" Samba's getting per chapter? I'm pretty impressed (first of all) that Fluttering Feelings seems to be the most popular manhwa on the site, by far. I think the next closes has maybe 1000 hearts per chapter (and Samba's is 5 times that). Which is promising regarding its future. That being said, last chapter seems to have been a "low," for the series (not an all time low, mind you). Which was both disappointing and slightly odd...I mean, it was (I guiltily admit) one of my favorites.

Yup. ~5000+ ❤ per chapter. That's why let's keep our support up. I, for one, left a comment for the first time on the site (just created an account lol sorry Ssamba :)

[...]

I think the last time I checked (maybe a few weeks ago), it was roughly at around 100,000 hearts, but now, it's almost at 150,000.

In comparison, the 2nd most popular on Comico has a "mere" 50,000-60,000 hearts.

last edited at Mar 29, 2015 9:30PM

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

The one in second place, Gather Three, is that two girls hugging...? Also yuri???

In comparison, the 2nd most popular on Comico has a "mere" 50,000-60,000 hearts.

I'm just gonna quote what Halmoni-sama said on /u/ dated March 17:

The title is "A World Where Everyone Became Beautiful" (or Midnight Circus), and the description says
"One day, a world where new plastic surgery techniques can make everyone equally beautiful is discovered."

I looked through the first few chapters, but I don't think it's a yuri manhwa. It's categorized as school life, slice of life, drama, but not romance (while FF is labeled as romance). Midnight Circus is probably more like coming of age/dealing with the pressures of beauty standards.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

The one in second place, Gather Three, is that two girls hugging...? Also yuri???

I'm just gonna quote what Halmoni-sama said on /u/ dated March 17:

The title is "A World Where Everyone Became Beautiful" (or Midnight Circus), and the description says
"One day, a world where new plastic surgery techniques can make everyone equally beautiful is discovered."

I looked through the first few chapters, but I don't think it's a yuri manhwa. It's categorized as school life, slice of life, drama, but not romance (while FF is labeled as romance). Midnight Circus is probably more like coming of age/dealing with the pressures of beauty standards.

Tumblr_nt8411tibj1trx9pno1_r1_1280
joined Apr 7, 2013

anonymous:

On the bright side, it gives you more free time to create more fan art. :D
I kid I kid ... well, not really. :P

I'm not sure if it actually gives me more free time but, I am currently working on a short FF fan comic. :P No promises on when it'll be finished since I've never drawn a comic before so this is yet another learning experience for me. But, about half of the panels are sketched out already.

HypocriticalLiar:

OH. GEEZ. I didn't realize that! I had honestly thought they were still at home. Now I'm just terribly confused...and yeah, you're right about the rest of it too. It doesn't really make sense because those memories seem really random regardless...(like, as you said, the bathroom memory instead of the breakfast thing).

Maybe Samba's messing with us? I can't think of a proper reason why'd those be the specific memories.

I guess it's like craptree and Random Reader said. Though for some reason I was expecting a pattern to No-rae's line of thought. Then again, when you fancy someone every memory becomes special, even the seemingly simple, everyday ones.

HypocriticalLiar:

Heh np. Calling it like I see it. Actually, I think personal experience is probably the most reliable...at least you have something more than a wild guess (like me 90% of this manhwa lol).

Although FF has been progressing in a realistic manner, it's harder to predict in comparison to yuri manga. Normally, I'd only have to think of an irrational reaction (for example: shouted confessions, bursting into tears, sudden kisses, etc.) and that's how it would play out. haha.

I find No-rae easy to relate to. If I think about how I would respond to something, she typically does the same. But, Seol-a is the opposite for me. I never know what she's about to do. XP

halmoni:

Ch.29 rough translation
http://pastebin.com/uKdXEyqE

Getting deep with ssamba a short funny comic.

Thank you, halmoni!
I enjoyed the special much more than I expected to. And I'd take Seol-a's 50 obsessions over 50 shades of grey any day. I also had to groan a bit over the most widely asked question. Come on, people... 20+ chapters in and there are still those questioning whether they're reading yuri or not? My god... lol.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Whenever someone asks if FF is going to have a het ending, I die a little on the inside. If FF ever ended that way, ssamba would be the greatest troll the world has ever seen.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Whenever someone asks if FF is going to have a het ending, I die a little on the inside. If FF ever ended that way, ssamba would be the greatest troll the world has ever seen.

I know right?! I'm so glad the author put that annoyance to rest...though you KNOW people will still doubt it -_-...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

ssamba and Shou (Stretch) should go out for drinks.

joined Jan 31, 2015

halmoni:

Srsly, the stuff some people say is ridiculous. So the author drew all those "fan art" images of them together, spent countless chapters detailing their interactions together, even named the frickin' thing with their names combined.

... But this obviously points to het ending. OBVIOUSLY. What other outcome could it possibly have??!

Those 2-3 chapters featuring Ji-hwan were an all-time low. For the shit that the people were saying, that is. It was 2-3 weeks of nonstop "omg hetshit gtfo".

God forbid this thing actually has a story and some semblance of realism, not just nonstop fanservice or yuri clichés/tropes (to quote moonfrost13, "for example: shouted confessions, bursting into tears, sudden kisses, etc.").

And now, a word from our sponsor, Halmoni:

http://halmoniswag.tumblr.com/post/114917542582/seol-a-why-u-gotta-be-so-gay-what-really-happened

last edited at May 3, 2015 11:22PM

Kuchiki_rukia__coloreado__by_rukiiyoruchan-d64cu3w
joined Dec 4, 2014

This manhwa is so realistic it hurts! It reminds so much of my first love, thankfully it's from Korea or I would've seriously considered it to be written by my ex. I'm kinda disappointed about the special chapter tho, I expected it to be a turning point in the story of a sort, but I guess the ssamba needed some rest and/or making things clear once and for all to the readers.

Thanks halmoni and all of the team for your hard work, it's very much appreciated.

joined Nov 30, 2011

anonymous

Those 2-3 chapters featuring Ji-hwan were an all-time low. For the shit that the people were saying, that is. It was 2-3 weeks of nonstop "omg hetshit gtfo".

God forbid this thing actually has a story and some semblance of realism, not just nonstop fanservice or yuri clichés/tropes (to quote moonfrost13, "for example: shouted confessions, bursting into tears, sudden kisses, etc.").

Hear hear. I really don't get why people were throwing hissy fits about Ji-hwan showing up in the story and less of the two main girls being in it. It's nice seeing the characters you know, living their life without the need for the other to be in it all the time. It's good to see how they are with other people or at least, how they react in different situations and etc. In my opinion, Ji-hwan is one of the more likeable male characters I've come across in a romance story in sometime. I also got the feeling that his confession to No-rae was a preemptive strike because he seemed to be noticing how Soel-a and No-rae have been getting closer in a possible romantic way and holding a hidden jealousy about Soel-a possibly stealing his first major crush XD

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

I also got the feeling that his confession to No-rae was a preemptive strike because he seemed to be noticing how Soel-a and No-rae have been getting closer in a possible romantic way

Yes! It looks like he overheard them talking at the beginning of chapter 24. After that he thinks of the first time he talked with No-rae.

and holding a hidden jealousy about Soel-a possibly stealing his first major crush XD

Based on almost nothing; there might be some rivalry between them, like between brother and sister. He clearly enjoys telling Seol-a about his confession, he may have a clearer picture of her feelings then she has.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Craptree

I also got the feeling that his confession to No-rae was a preemptive strike because he seemed to be noticing how Soel-a and No-rae have been getting closer in a possible romantic way

Yes! It looks like he overheard them talking at the beginning of chapter 24. After that he thinks of the first time he talked with No-rae.

and holding a hidden jealousy about Soel-a possibly stealing his first major crush XD

Based on almost nothing; there might be some rivalry between them, like between brother and sister. He clearly enjoys telling Seol-a about his confession, he may have a clearer picture of her feelings then she has.

I think, when he overheard them talking it was the catalyst for the confession. There are plenty of instances where Ji-hwan is shown to be looking at and watching Soel-a and No-rae together. When he finally confessed it was the "AH-HA!" moment for me lol. Then all those other times where he was shown to be watching them kinda made sense or those scenes wouldn't have been added. Also, don't forget he was crushing on No-rae as well so he can definitely tell that something is up (since he saw her when she was in her relationship) and probably realized his chance was slipping away and made his preemptive strike.

That's how all those instance of Ji-hwan watching the girls connected together with that confession looked to me anyways shrugs ;-p Still like him though since he hasn't been portrayed as an obnoxious jerk of sorts so he's still an okay dude in my book. Now as for that freshman guy.... I've got my eyes on him >=-l

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 8:21PM

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Now as for that freshman guy.... I've got my eyes on him >=-l

Yep, guy definitely seems dangerous (not in a violent way) and unpredictable. He's been there since chapter 2, definitely has a role to play.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Now as for that freshman guy.... I've got my eyes on him >=-l

Yep, guy definitely seems dangerous (not in a violent way) and unpredictable. He's been there since chapter 2, definitely has a role to play.

Totally agreed, I even think Seol-a thought something along the lines of, "his eyes are remind me of No-rae's" or to that extent.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Frankly, after reading all that's translated so far, I have a hard time with Seol-a's personality dissonances. That she'd be all over No-rae, craving skinship with her, acting very much like a crushing teen with jealousy twangs just doesn't seem consistant with her background. That she'd appreciate her because she has no prejudices is believable. That she'd fall head-over-heels for No-Rae almost at first sight, like it seems to be implied since the beginning, gives me a hard time at connecting the dots.

No-rae is much more believable.

And is it just me, or do most of the guys just all look alike ? Between the brothers, the "sempais" and the "kouhais", most of the time I don't know who is who. And the polite addresses everywhere don't make it any easier. There's only the freshman, with his lightbrown hair, that I can tell apart from the others.

Don't misunderstand me, I enjoy FF very much, but the overall feeling I get from it is, it's quite erratic.

But I wait for what's to follow impatiently. My take is that Seol-a is going to date that freshman as a substitute for No-rae who's retreating because of all the FEEEEEELS that went BAM. Maybe No-rae will reverse her "NO" and date Ji-hwan as a form of escape from them.

But hey, we all know yuri always wins the day at the end.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Frankly, after reading all that's translated so far, I have a hard time with Seol-a's personality dissonances. That she'd be all over No-rae, craving skinship with her, acting very much like a crushing teen with jealousy twangs just doesn't seem consistant with her background. That she'd appreciate her because she has no prejudices is believable. That she'd fall head-over-heels for No-Rae almost at first sight, like it seems to be implied since the beginning, gives me a hard time at connecting the dots.

Really ? What i've understood from her background and the rest is that she's a childish (even if it doesn't looks like it from the outside) spoiled girl who craves for girls company and don't know a things about love. She 's also not the type to think too much before acting. So it seems to fit to me.

last edited at Apr 1, 2015 5:44AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, for one, she knows a lot about men, since she dated several of them (and almost got killed by one). I can't believe she's that naive, even moreso she's pictured as an intellectually brilliant person. Intellectually brilliant, naive and actually socially inept, but still dressing in style and taking great care of her outer appearance, while being a blushing maiden when it comes to a crush, it just seems off for me. But it's just my take on this.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Though, it's a kind of girl we see every once in a while in manga : the lonely smart and beautiful girl who play with men because it's simple but is totally awkward when it comes to any other relationship. Only that this kind of girl is usually pretty tsundere

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Show me a tsundere playing with men ? I just can't think of any. They are usually aloof with everyone except children, childhood friends and (reluctantly) with their love interest.

Anyway, the way Seol-a is drawn, she doesn't look like a "girl". She looks like a woman in her early twenties. It's maybe why I have a hard time believing in her innocence when it comes to relationships.

Or korean girls are more sheltered than western ones and it's just a cultural thing that eludes my cynical western way of thinking ?

last edited at Apr 1, 2015 7:49AM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Not always tsundere, but tsundere when they start to have a closer relationship with someone.
Like Sena from Boku wa tomodachi (the first who came to my mind, not the best exemple)

They are generally not clearly dating guys (particularly in comedy) like Seol-A but in Seol-A's case, there doesn't seem to be a lot more between her and her dates than with the others guys

It's not hard for her to keep and make superficial relationship (with men) but when it comes to deeper or more complicated relationship, it shows that she's naive and not that good with people. It's not hard for her to be popular with and date guys, all they need is a good look. But she doesn't go any further and it leads to what we saw with the ex. That's the only thing she manage to handle so she stick with it

last edited at Apr 1, 2015 9:04AM

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Anyway, the way Seol-a is drawn, she doesn't look like a "girl". She looks like a woman in her early twenties. It's maybe why I have a hard time believing in her innocence when it comes to relationships.

I've met plenty of people from their early twenties to much older than I (late 20's here) that are a helluva lot more innocent in their relationships than I was before I had my first one (still going). And, despite going through multiple relationships, still have an innocent outlook on them.

Or korean girls are more sheltered than western ones and it's just a cultural thing that eludes my cynical western way of thinking ?

Also, coming from a different culture does not preclude one from being more sheltered or innocent than one from another.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I've met plenty of people from their early twenties to much older than I (late 20's here) that are a helluva lot more innocent in their relationships than I was before I had my first one (still going). And, despite going through multiple relationships, still have an innocent outlook on them.

That too x)

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I'm more like No-rae in that respect. Once bitten twice shy.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Well she is a woman in her early twenties lol. Let's consider the facts:
-She was raised in a fairly wealthy family
-She's had trust issues with women ever since that high school incident, and so her "friends" were always predominantly male. So she's estatic when she finally makes a new female friend (No-rae).
-She has 3 older brothers who are probably very protective of her
-She said that she dated out of boredom, not because of romance

It's really not that strange for Seol-a to be naive about love. She may not be "innocent" when it comes to relationships, but it's true that she's never fallen in love before. The reasons why No-rae/Seol-a fell for each other aren't necessarily clear; I find that to be realistic. But I don't think Seol-a was head over heels for No-rae when they first met. It was more like she was just interested. And that interest grew to the point where she realized she had these "frustrating feelings" for No-rae.

Well, for one, she knows a lot about men, since she dated several of them (and almost got killed by one). I can't believe she's that naive, even moreso she's pictured as an intellectually brilliant person. Intellectually brilliant, naive and actually socially inept, but still dressing in style and taking great care of her outer appearance, while being a blushing maiden when it comes to a crush, it just seems off for me. But it's just my take on this.

I'm not sure how you got the idea that she was socially inept. She's one of the most popular girls in school, she knows how to behave appropriately in social situations (she was completely fine at MT's and parties), and she's smoother than the skin on a baby's butt when it comes to making No-rae flustered (recall when she said "Are you asking me out on a date right now?"). Socially inept means that someone has no idea how to interact with people; they're awkward, they have no idea what to say to others, or they reply with weird comments (i.e. replying to "Hey, how are you?" with something like "Did you know that the average glomerular filtration rate of a healthy human individual is approximately 125 mL/min snort "). Being ignorant about love doesn't make one "socially inept" or any less intelligent. Socially inexperienced in a way and naive? Maybe. But definitely not inept.

Knowing more about men doesn't mean that she's ever fallen in love with one before. Yes, you can be aware about the concept of love, but you'll never really know what it's like until you fall in love yourself. And since Seol-a falls in love with a girl, that makes it even more confusing. Does she like No-rae a lot as a friend because she's rarely had female friends? Or is this what love is? Keep in mind that Seol-a was raised in a strictly heteronormative society; she could even question if it's possible to fall in love with people of the same gender.

Of course she would know how to dress well. She's Korean. Fashion's in our blood. But seriously, most Koreans are taught from a young age that they should always look their best when they go out, even if we're just going to the supermarket. If you dress like a hobo in Korea or you don't follow trends, people will tend to look at you strangely.

last edited at Apr 1, 2015 5:37PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.