Forum › Saki discussion

K2
joined May 22, 2014

nice chapter rinkai took a hit that time

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

"shining draw"? what is this yugioh Zexal BS doing on my Saki?!

joined Feb 1, 2015
K2
joined May 22, 2014

nice ,the point gap Himematsu and Kiyosumi gap shrinks and Rinkai loses more points. it seems rinkai isn't so unstopable like they are made out to be

last edited at Mar 22, 2015 12:24AM

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

I hope Saki gets a beat down in her round. I like her but if she's always doing her big comeback wins, well, it gets pretty boring.

I said this before but I think winning here like a monster and screwing up in the finals would be way better. For one if she messes up here Kiyosumi wouldn't go to the finals unless some sort of deus ex machina happened which would be really stupid. Also it seems like the people in the finals are all people with some specialability that is extremely effective against Saki making that outcome more likely.
Also I want some sort of encouragement or acknowledgment from Teru at the end cheering up Saki ^^

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I don't know I've thought they would be eliminated along with Achiga, then next year both schools with a new member, a new training session to show off their new powers(and some subtext) and maybe Yumi(and maybe Hisa+Mihoko) becomes a pro or something. But I thought about that before side-a was over and I don't think it's happening anymore.

K2
joined May 22, 2014

I hope Saki gets a beat down in her round. I like her but if she's always doing her big comeback wins, well, it gets pretty boring.

I said this before but I think winning here like a monster and screwing up in the finals would be way better. For one if she messes up here Kiyosumi wouldn't go to the finals unless some sort of deus ex machina happened which would be really stupid. Also it seems like the people in the finals are all people with some specialability that is extremely effective against Saki making that outcome more likely.
Also I want some sort of encouragement or acknowledgment from Teru at the end cheering up Saki ^^

no Kiyosumi has to win this , this isn't just about out saki and teru, think about it, this is hisa last chance to make a impression to become a pro, if nodka wins they will get to stay home instead moving , saki and teru will have more time to bond when they directly face each other , but Kiyosumi has to win this. i actually saki's big mess up in the indivual match, besides Kiyosumi wasn't even heared of un till this match, plus i want to see teru's school and Rinkai crash into the ground while Kilosumi raises to the top

last edited at Mar 22, 2015 1:45PM

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

no Kiyosumi has to win this , this isn't just about out saki and teru, think about it, this is hisa last chance to make a impression to become a pro, if nodka wins they will get to stay home instead moving , saki and teru will have more time to bond when they directly face each other , but Kiyosumi has to win this. i actually saki's big mess up in the indivual match, besides Kiyosumi wasn't even heared of un till this match, plus i want to see teru's school and Rinkai crash into the ground while Kilosumi raises to the top

Isn't Teru Vanguard while Saki is Captain? They won't face of anyway unless deus ex machina comes and helps :/ Fot Hisa to make an impression she could simply dominate her round. As for the Haramura case....usually in this situation the "oh but she is so happy with her friends" plot would move her father anyway...(also if Kiyosumi wins the nationals it would feel like Saki would end which I don't want >_<)

joined Mar 15, 2015

Isn't Teru Vanguard while Saki is Captain? They won't face of anyway unless deus ex machina comes and helps :/ Fot Hisa to make an impression she could simply dominate her round. As for the Haramura case....usually in this situation the "oh but she is so happy with her friends" plot would move her father anyway...(also if Kiyosumi wins the nationals it would feel like Saki would end which I don't want >_<)

It is indeed true that Teru is the vanguard while Saki is the captain. Saki seems to be aware of this, since she's watched the Side A semifinals captain match, and refers to Awai by her position. She also chose not to watch Teru's match for unspecified reasons, but knows she's the vanguard.

As for Hisa, I don't recall her wanting to become a pro. In the first two years, when she lacked the members for a team, she mentions that she could have participated in the Individuals (and given how she ranked, it's possible she would have been able to move on to the nationals), but chose not to. As for Nodoka, that is entirely up to her father, since he gives a somewhat ambivalent answer to her proposal. It might be nice to see how he develops over time.

K2
joined May 22, 2014

well i have not just been watching this for developing of the charaters but also the wining damn thing , and teru and her school dominated for too long. i like when the underdog knocks the world champion, if they lose i feel i've some years reading and waiting for these chapters ..... i know i sound really into it a little bit , but it comes from competive sports attiude that i have when i played volleyball my tea, made it all the way to the state championship only to lose in the last set by 2 points .

last edited at Mar 23, 2015 12:10PM

joined Mar 15, 2015

well i have not just been watching this for developing of the charaters but also the wining damn thing , and teru and her school dominated for too long. i like when the underdog knocks the world champion, if they lose i feel i've some years reading and waiting for these chapters ..... i know i sound really into it a little bit , but it comes from competive sports attiude that i have when i played volleyball my tea, made it all the way to the state championship only to lose in the last set by 2 points .

It should be pointed out that apparently, Shiraitodai hasn't had all that good of a record until winning the tournament two years before the start of the story, since it's said that West Tokyo did not produce many good players. It's not necessarily a bad thing for Kiyosumi to unseat them (or possibly Achiga, which is also an underdog), but perhaps there was a time when Shiraitodai could have been considered an underdog.

K2
joined May 22, 2014

It should be pointed out that apparently, Shiraitodai hasn't had all that good of a record until winning the tournament two years before the start of the story, since it's said that West Tokyo did not produce many good players. It's not necessarily a bad thing for Kiyosumi to unseat them (or possibly Achiga, which is also an underdog), but perhaps there was a time when Shiraitodai could have been considered an underdog.

so what if hey had a tough time in the past ? they are still the top dog , they got the players now, they have Teru, the beast of mahjong, and Awika who we all know has yet show her true potenal. she won't do that untill the final match against saki . it be a huge blow to Kiyousumi if they don't win and become champs , Hisa will graduate and lose her chance to become pro, i know she hasn't personally shown interest for this buti think she has back in her mind because she pulled this team together, nodka also has a good chance of leaving also because of her father. however if they win yes hisa will leave but likely becoming a pro but also it promote Kiyosumi , thus adding the chance of more players joining the team . sorry but i'm not on the teru banedwagon but on the team that started it all

last edited at Mar 23, 2015 4:12PM

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

That wasn't even Terus final form in Achiga-hen

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

In the latest chapter, Nodoka calls a chi.

... Yup, that's all Kiyosumi's got going, lmao.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^ LMAO but hey you have to play defensive too.
Oh and holy **** Kyotaro had one line! bye again see you in the finals XD.

joined Mar 30, 2012

High technology lol

K2
joined May 22, 2014

Time for Saki :), meg f-uped , now everyone saw what she was holdingback , nodka will a nice little counter for the next match

last edited at Mar 27, 2015 2:56PM

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

i want to say that saki doing the come back in her match is not what usually happen, the last match was balanced, and even in the prefectural all the member of her team ended in good position, saki made her show only after the many amae's haitei,
now is the first time saki start with a so bad situation, but with chapters so short, with so little happening, and with drawing incomplete (can't she pay an assistent for the tone screen?), my passion for this manga is fading a little...

however, the result of the final will be with all the 4 team plus-minus zero, but i'm not sure what the 4° team will be

joined Feb 1, 2015

Saki 142 and Biyori 34 are out:
http://michinoakio.blogspot.com/2015/04/saki-142-biyori-34.html
and now unfortunately the Saki manga will take a break until the 15th of May. Oh, well.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Until May 15? T_T

I love the little part they have of just Saki and Nodoka just looking at each other for a moment. Teru watching Saki's match though, this should be interesting... I wonder if Awai might be a little surprised as well :D

last edited at Apr 4, 2015 9:54PM

joined Dec 22, 2014

i think saki look great than usual

K2
joined May 22, 2014

Until May 15? T_T

I love the little part they have of just Saki and Nodoka just looking at each other for a moment. Teru watching Saki's match though, this should be interesting... I wonder if Awai might be a little surprised as well :D

we all know deep down teru is scaredof saki's power :). i i think she thinks saki is better

K2
joined May 22, 2014

not suprised by the new break i mean we had been a lot of closer updates then usual, i ;m guessing wants some time to think how she's going to end this final round my guess it invole our saki chosing to gether just enough to finish seconed

To reply you must either login or sign up.