Forum › How to Use an Idiot discussion

Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

Fun doujin

joined Sep 19, 2015

Hell yeah

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Even without yuri a good touhou like this is a lot of fun :)
Wish there was still as much touhou being done as their used to be.

p.s Does Alice count as a yokai? I know she isnt human but the people in makai were devils i think- does that count as a type of yokai? And her mom was the godess so maybe she isnt a devil either - or half devil half god?
But i know not all supernatural beings can also be called yokai- like ogres and ghosts and fairies etc..Do tengu class as yokai? not sure..

last edited at Jul 14, 2023 8:57AM

joined Jul 6, 2020

p.s Does Alice count as a yokai? I know she isnt human but the people in makai were devils i think- does that count as a type of yokai? And her mom was the godess so maybe she isnt a devil either - or half devil half god? who knows..

Yes, magicians who perform life extending rituals become youkai. Abandoning part of your humanity is viewed as a negative thing. Thus they are viewed as some form of evil.

Celestials and hermits had to abandon their desires first and live virtous. So they are immortal but they are not youkai.

joined Nov 22, 2019

p.s Does Alice count as a yokai? I know she isnt human but the people in makai were devils i think- does that count as a type of yokai? And her mom was the godess so maybe she isnt a devil either - or half devil half god? who knows..

Yes, magicians who perform life extending rituals become youkai. Abandoning part of your humanity is viewed as a negative thing. Thus they are viewed as some form of evil.

Celestials and hermits had to abandon their desires first and live virtous. So they are immortal but they are not youkai.

I think it's funny though that because of this, Alice is considered a youkai while Seiga isnt, even though Alice is much more human than that necrophile.

LunaticLaevateinn
joined Feb 2, 2017

Oohh a rare pairing (also not in a romantic way), i love a simple stories like this, the characters also on point

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Frog

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Has it ever been stated Alice performed those life extending rituals? If she was created as a devil by her godess mom she wouldnt NEED to do such rituals - devils probably live as long as yokai.
Also- she didnt GIVE UP any humanity even if she did cast them because she never WAS a human.

I never got the impression she had cast them anyway or needed to- she is always portrayed as being very young- probably the same age as marisa and reimu- and also not advanced enough as a new witch to cast that sort of spell.

And if she was never human anyway she wouldnt even need to.

joined Jul 6, 2020

Has it ever been stated Alice performed those life extending rituals? If she was created as a devil by her godess mom she wouldnt NEED to do such rituals - devils probably live as long as yokai.
Also- she didnt GIVE UP any humanity even if she did cast them because she never WAS a human.

I never got the impression she had cast them anyway or needed to- she is always portrayed as being very young- probably the same age as marisa and reimu- and also not advanced enough as a new witch to cast that sort of spell.

And if she was never human anyway she wouldnt even need to.

She was a human. That was stated in Perfect Memento in Strict Sense. 'She is the type of magician that was originally human and became one through training.'

Also in Perfect Memento in Strict Sense there are more general informations about magicians like:
'In the case of those who were originally human, in continuing their study of magic, it is when they learn "abandon food" magic that they become magicians.'

Thus she had to complete this ritual and since its also stated that she eats and sleeps although she no longer has to do so, we can conclude that she did that complete 'Abandon food'.

joined Jul 22, 2014

Really cool seeing Alice and Cirno in action, such a rare pair!

joined Aug 28, 2023

Cirno is so cute

joined Oct 9, 2023

Cirno has her priorities straight

To reply you must either login or sign up.