Forum › YuriKatsu discussion

Nws
joined Jul 1, 2014

Strawberry Panic was my first yuri. I remember I got so sad when it ended and I read so much fanfiction after.

Kosuzu
joined Nov 11, 2014

I wonder where the notion that kissing is a "friendly thing" in America comes from. It pops up every now and then. Do the Japanese just equate all westeners with Americans, or...?

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I think the friendly kissing thing is more of a French thing, but I guess Japan (or at least Aoi) just sees it as a 'foreign' thing.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I think the friendly kissing thing is more of a French thing, but I guess Japan (or at least Aoi) just sees it as a 'foreign' thing.

It's not a french thing, not on the mouth at least. Actually generaly we just mime two kiss cheeks against cheeks (one on each side) to say hi. It's the same as a handshake
Apart from a light one cheek against cheek, there are no contact

last edited at Mar 19, 2015 10:05AM

joined Jan 8, 2014

Lol, but what a marvelous pretense if you want to kiss someone...."oh its just a westerner thing" ^_^

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

"Westerners kiss on lips as greeting" - where the hell did Japanese get this idea from?
It keeps appearing every now and then in manga, with different countries as "origin" (though all wrong)...

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

It's not a french thing, not on the mouth at least. Actually generaly we just mime two kiss cheeks against cheeks (one on each side) to say hi. It's the same as a handshake
Apart from a light one cheek against cheek, there are no contact

I'm from germany and I knew some straight girls that kissed each other on the lips as greeting when I was in what would be high school for americans. It's not a german thing either though, those were the only ones I ever saw doing that. The two cheeks kiss is a lot more common but even then it's more like brushing their cheeks against each other while doing a kiss into the air. Guys from islamic countries do that too, at least here in germany.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Ah~ Aoi x Ichigo and Ran Yurika always make me smile~ not that I ignored the Akari x Sumire heh.
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yurikatsu#5 Sakura trick?

last edited at Mar 22, 2015 3:49AM

joined Mar 30, 2012

Time for more girls to "come back from overseas" to get a great excuse.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I wish that stereotype were really true...

To reply you must either login or sign up.