Forum › Koishi's Heart discussion

joined Apr 15, 2013

Wow, this is pretty good. It's a wonder that more of this author's work hasn't been translated.

79769fb62fb8crop
joined Dec 7, 2014

I read this a while back on Danbooru and I really liked it. I'm glad someone typesetted it. This is how I always imagine how being controlled entirely by your subconscious would work.

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Anyone care to explain the end? I got kinda lost.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

until there will be doujin like this, i'll never be bored of touhou

joined Jan 17, 2014

Anyone care to explain the end? I got kinda lost.

i'm second

Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

At first I thought that it was Koishi just wanting attention. But the panel where she said "don't erase your heart" plus "it'd be nice" at the end made me doubt it a bit. At least it ended on a sweet note~

last edited at Mar 16, 2015 9:17AM

joined Mar 16, 2015

Erasing your heart, emptying yourself of all worldly concerns and desires, in Taoism and many eastern religions it is the ideal state to live in. Think of it like a dream state where you are both detached and immersed in your surroundings.

Koishi basically goes around and fully submerges into the world of Gensokyo's surface every day, and her morning conversations with Satori are the affirmations of the one remaining heart connection she had after otherwise closing herself off entirely. All the things she sees happen with others she inserts herself as the main character, due to our tendency to unconsciously identify with the people we see and like.

In the end Koishi let Satori experience her world. A world where by erasing your heart you essentially become the hearts of those around you. This is mirroring Satori's experience of being an isolated ego in a hostile foreign universe of others.

joined Dec 29, 2021

Satori:I won't say anything about what you do.
Koishi:Good, because I'm committing multiple war crimes today. * pulls out a 1911 pistol *
Satori: * Instant regret *

last edited at Jan 18, 2022 9:41AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.