Forum › GUNDAM: WITCH OF MERCURY discussion thread

Thumbnail_0f974c4024acb1498ed2be1bfb41d2cc3a513746
joined Jul 21, 2013
joined Apr 16, 2022

^ Yeah, Turn A Gundam was supposed to have a female protagonist but the studio blocked it, so instead they just made him crossdress for a large part of the series lol.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

^ Yeah, Turn A Gundam was supposed to have a female protagonist but the studio blocked it, so instead they just made him crossdress for a large part of the series lol.

They have blocked female protagonists in the franchise, but, despite rumours, there's not really any evidence of it for ∀ in particular. Apparently early concept art makes Rolan look more masculine, not less

joined Apr 16, 2022

Huh, interesting. The more you know

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Episode 2! OP and ED both push MioSule and the episode itself is in no small part about Miorine realizing that she does like Suletta after all. Meanwhile the references to The Tempest have somehow become more blatant than the Utena ones

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I lost the link but apparently the gumpla model sold out already (to be fair, it was a photo of a single shop) so yeah just in case there was any doubt.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Just watched episode 2. They’re totally going to have the “I’ll never fall in love” guy fall in love with Sulleta.

Loving the series so far, getting plenty of angst (probably more so because I want it to stay Yuri), drama, the combat looks great, and the story is well thought out so far.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Just watched episode 2. They’re totally going to have the “I’ll never fall in love” guy fall in love with Sulleta.

There's been a fair amount of speculation that he'll end up falling in love with Aerial, as the web novel reveals that she's sentient, and his exact words were that he'll never fall in love with a person

...On the subject of Elan, it looks like he's going to be the newtype love interest for the series, and they have a terrible survival rate

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

There's been a fair amount of speculation that he'll end up falling in love with Aerial, as the web novel reveals that she's sentient, and his exact words were that he'll never fall in love with a person

...On the subject of Elan, it looks like he's going to be the newtype love interest for the series, and they have a terrible survival rate

Huh, didn’t realize there was a webnovel. Odd, but okay.

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Seems it just turned into a bisexual harem.
They all want the Tanuki.

joined Oct 9, 2022

Ep 3. Suletta is moving forward and getting two(or more). And the reverse harem begins. Hope Mio is still end game but these types will usually be vague at the end or just plain het haha

Thumbnail_0f974c4024acb1498ed2be1bfb41d2cc3a513746
joined Jul 21, 2013

THE TEMPEST by William Shakespeare is what G-WITCH is partially based on.
THE TEMPEST was fanfiction of the Italian superhero Prospero.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Huh, didn’t realize there was a webnovel. Odd, but okay.

Well, calling it a web novel may be a bit too much. Bonus story seems a more accurate term.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Sooo…not sure why those girls were so intent on Suletta’s intentions with tsun boy when she’s literally the bridegroom to the wealthiest heiress in the universe, like, every single point they made about him applies to Mio as well. Weird interaction there, for a society where same sex couples are supposedly commonplace (from Mio’s perspective anyways).

last edited at Oct 24, 2022 12:08AM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Guel is actually popular among his fellow students, so they care more about him

joined Apr 14, 2022

Sooo…not sure why those girls were so intent on Suletta’s intentions with tsun boy when she’s literally the bridegroom to the wealthiest heiress in the universe, like, every single point they made about him applies to Mio as well. Weird interaction there, for a society where same sex couples are supposedly commonplace (from Mio’s perspective anyways).

If we're being charitable, I'd say it's because he actually proposed. And they seem to have taken it to mean there was some prior relationship between the two of them (Chuchu commenting on a lovers' quarrel, and the other girls asking how long they've been involved). Which is a reasonable assumption, at least in comparison to "marriage proposal out of literally nowhere". Also, it's probably common knowledge that Mio-Mio wants nothing to do with the engagement and is trying to break it off.

All of that being said, I understand where you're coming from. Feels like they dropped in the gay engagement as pure bait and have pretty much just left it by the wayside. On one hand it is cool to recognise that same-sex marriage is valid, but on the other hand it was just a plot device and there's not even a modicum of subtext between Suletta and Mio-Mio so far, which is pretty disappointing. I guess it's cool to talk about gay girls getting married but not cool to show it. (I do hope I'm completely wrong, of course. I would love to be proven wrong more than anything!)

To reply you must either login or sign up.