Forum › Yuri Pairings!

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

^SAAAAAAMMMMMMEEEE. I mean it's gotta be yuri right???

joined Nov 30, 2011

Alpha and Kokone from Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou.

Oh, how could I forget those two. I'm reading the series right now (Volume 4 right now) and I'm really glad that they immediately jumped into the subtext. Might as well be called Alpha's and Kokone's Dating Life.

I love this series in general. It's one of my all-time favorites. And sub-text?? To be honest, it always felt like a one way street to me with Kokone crushing on Alpha either through complete admiration or possibly with a hint of more. (That ending leaves a lot of questions though ;) )

I also, already started watching Carried by the WInd: Tsukikage Ran on Hulu and I'm gonna probably end up pairing the two main girls together lol.

last edited at Feb 12, 2015 9:02AM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I love this series in general. It's one of my all-time favorites. And sub-text?? To be honest, it always felt like a one way street to me with Kokone crushing on Alpha either through complete admiration or possibly with a hint of more. (That ending leaves a lot of questions though ;) )

Yeah, I love those life appreciation/healing type series. I started it pretty much immediatly after Aria (which was beautiful) and wasn't disappointed at all. At least where I am right now, I don't think it's a one way street, though. Kokone is crushing hard on Alpha but I think Alpha isn't exactly behaving like just a friend, either. It's more subtle, but it's there.
I heard good things about the ending, so I'm very much looking forward to getting there. :)

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I also, already started watching Carried by the WInd: Tsukikage Ran on Hulu and I'm gonna probably end up pairing the two main girls together lol.

[Obligatory complaint that Hulu is US-only, dammit]

joined Jan 30, 2013

Use a proxy?

joined Nov 30, 2011

Yeah, I love those life appreciation/healing type series. I started it pretty much immediatly after Aria (which was beautiful) and wasn't disappointed at all. At least where I am right now, I don't think it's a one way street, though. Kokone is crushing hard on Alpha but I think Alpha isn't exactly behaving like just a friend, either. It's more subtle, but it's there.
I heard good things about the ending, so I'm very much looking forward to getting there. :)

Haha that's exactly the same way I found out about YKK!! I read all of Aria and went looking for more and YKK was the obligatory next in line (since EEEEVERYONE kept mentioning it). Oh, yeah I totally teared up at the end of Aria as well. Have you seen the anime?

And now, I'm gonna have to reread it because I never got those vibes o0... And it's a bit melancholic but a great ending nonetheless.

Really??! What country??

joined Nov 30, 2011

They don't get Hulu up there?? That sucks.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Really??! What country??

All of them.

joined Jan 30, 2013

Really??! What country??

Canada (I know so I'm answering).

They don't get Hulu up there?? That sucks.

last edited at Feb 12, 2015 10:33AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yeah, I love those life appreciation/healing type series. I started it pretty much immediatly after Aria (which was

Really??! What country??

Well, someone was rude enough to answer a question directed at me, but yes, Canada. But it's not just Canada, it's everyone outside the US. Same applies to Pandora Radio and a lot of YouTube videos and stuff like Colbert Report, Daily Show, etc. It's always a pain when someone links to a 3-minute clip, but you're stuck going through the whole episode on Comedy Channel (our equivalent station who rebroadcasts it) to find the same segment.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Haha that's exactly the same way I found out about YKK!! I read all of Aria and went looking for more and YKK was the obligatory next in line (since EEEEVERYONE kept mentioning it). Oh, yeah I totally teared up at the end of Aria as well. Have you seen the anime?

And now, I'm gonna have to reread it because I never got those vibes o0... And it's a bit melancholic but a great ending nonetheless.

Mh, I have the world's strongest yuri goggles, so maybe you should hold off on your enthusiasm. :P

Haven't seen the anime yet but plan on doing so when I don't know everything that happens anymore. I did love the ending though, the Cait Sith being her pen pal and Akari saying the exact same words to the new Undine that Alicia said to her... Again, I usually don't describe mangas as beautiful but Aria was genuinly exactly that.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Mh, I have the world's strongest yuri goggles, so maybe you should hold off on your enthusiasm. :P

Haven't seen the anime yet but plan on doing so when I don't know everything that happens anymore. I did love the ending though, the Cait Sith being her pen pal and Akari saying the exact same words to the new Undine that Alicia said to her... Again, I usually don't describe mangas as beautiful but Aria was genuinly exactly that.

Not much of a spoiler since you realize it from the start, but Cait Sith is not her pen pal in the anime. Ai (the new undine at the end who also appears in the extras) is her pen pal in that version.

I'll be honest, I wasn't that impressed with the animation in most of the Aria anime, although it got better in the third season. A lot of feet sliding on the ground when people walked, that sort of thing. The additional episodes that illuminated more of Aqua's past were interesting, although there were odd omissions like there no episode introducing Al, he's just...there already. Overall I'm glad I watched it though, because it's nice seeing this stuff come to life. And Alice is tremendously cute animated.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh, and can I say how much I love that Aria calls Earth "Manhome"?

joined Nov 30, 2011

Well shit. Didn't know it was that bad to some degrees. (I'm on a another large international forum and you hear sometimes that vids don't work but never knew the details like that.) Thanks for the info.

So here is a pic of the two women in Tsukikage Ran. The other woman on the right is Meow (that's her real name).

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well shit. Didn't know it was that bad to some degrees. (I'm on a another large international forum and you hear sometimes that vids don't work but never knew the details like that.) Thanks for the info.

So here is a pic of the two women in Tsukikage Ran. The other woman on the right is Meow (that's her real name).

That's only 2000? The art style looks older than that, especially that hair.

joined Nov 30, 2011

I'm not enthused to see if there is anything there, it's just another excuse to read it again. >_O

Not much of a spoiler since you realize it from the start, but Cait Sith is not her pen pal in the anime. Ai (the new undine at the end who also appears in the extras) is her pen pal in that version.

I'll be honest, I wasn't that impressed with the animation in most of the Aria anime, although it got better in the third season. A lot of feet sliding on the ground when people walked, that sort of thing. The additional episodes that illuminated more of Aqua's past were interesting, although there were odd omissions like there no episode introducing Al, he's just...there already. Overall I'm glad I watched it though, because it's nice seeing this stuff come to life. And Alice is tremendously cute animated.

Agree that sometimes the animation wasn't the best but they still did a great job of bringing the feeling of the manga into an animated form. Not to mention the soundtrack just being awesome. And agreed about the omissions though they didn't bother me too much to be honest. And yeah, I thought them calling Earth as manhome was amusing.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I'm not enthused to see if there is anything there, it's just another excuse to read it again. >_O

Oh, you should reread it. I just didn't want to create too high expectations. :)

Agree that sometimes the animation wasn't the best but they still did a great job of bringing the feeling of the manga into an animated form. Not to mention the soundtrack just being awesome. And agreed about the omissions though they didn't bother me too much to be honest. And yeah, I thought them calling Earth as manhome was amusing.

Not gonna lie, that's kinda disappointing. Cait Sith was awesome and should get all the screen time there is.
It's probably a good thing that I read the manga first then since I'll be able to make the missing connections myself.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Damn it Tv troupes now you made me realize the amount of yaoi subtext in the yugioh anime lol. And speaking of the anime Arc-v(the current anime) has me now shipping Yuzu x Masumi... I think this explains their relationship perfectly.

joined Nov 30, 2011

That's only 2000? The art style looks older than that, especially that hair.

I know right. Thought it was originally mid-90's or something myself.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Oh, adding Ao x Kotoha from Yozakura Quartet.
I heard they're even canon in latest anime? I should find time to watch it.
They sure feel close enough to canon in manga as well, they have very close relationship, and Kotoha admitted that she likes girls.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Riza and Reiri from Kaibutsu Oujo make a great couple

Img_20160415_204841
joined Aug 24, 2015

Hanayamata is so shippable. Tami x Machi and Naru x Yaya are love!

....NARU X YAYA FTW XD wooooo! gotta ship'em allll~ but that leaves one question...who will hana be paired with?!?

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Riza and Reiri from Kaibutsu Oujo make a great couple

Yes! Practically the whole reason I kept watching, although the rest was a blast, too.

To reply you must either login or sign up.