"Where there is light, there is shadow" -Team GO Rocket Grunts

Kuvl_u-8
joined Nov 1, 2015

"Where there is light, there is (darkness) shadow" "sword of the dark moon"

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Uissu

joined Jun 11, 2016

this feels like it's the prequel(?) to the other oneshot also from this author.

joined Sep 18, 2018

It's the Part2 of it. The first part is Chisato and Kanon going out but Chisato cheating on her with Ren, while this part is how it was from Ren's PoV.

joined Jun 11, 2016

It's the Part2 of it. The first part is Chisato and Kanon going out but Chisato cheating on her with Ren, while this part is how it was from Ren's PoV.

I'd like to disagree about "Chisato and Kanon going out but Chisato cheating". In the previous part, Chisato wasn't brave enough to "stand next to"/date Kanon so she kinda settled for Ren, without knowing that Kanon also loves her romantically.

joined Sep 18, 2018

I'd like to disagree about "Chisato and Kanon going out but Chisato cheating". In the previous part, Chisato wasn't brave enough to "stand next to"/date Kanon so she kinda settled for Ren, without knowing that Kanon also loves her romantically.

"かのちぃ前提のれんちさ"
The description says the setting of this is that Kanon and Chisato are already together but then leading from that into the Ren x Chisato pairing.

For works that involve cheating, it's normally written that way from looking at various communities discussing it, not that it upsets people any less like how that one comment says they only want Nico x Nozomi romance, and how a setting with NicoMaki NozoEli that goes into Nico x Nozomi as sex friends would only piss them off.

Unless times have changed or the author used the term mistakenly, I think it's to be assumed that Kanon and Chisato were dating here, hence the emphasis on Chisato lying and also telling Ren to keep it a secret.

joined Jun 11, 2016

^ oh ok ouch, I'm sad now. Thanks for the explanation though!

__toshinou_kyouko_yuru_yuri_drawn_by_namori__943f8c23512b1acef28d53ce169c5909
joined Apr 24, 2020

(not so) guilty pairing <3

joined Mar 19, 2020

Ah weird so I guess chisato’s insecurity made her want to cheat then? Or so the other chapter would imply. That does make the whole “shadow” thing going on here make more sense. As well as kanon’s sadness at the end.

joined Jun 11, 2016

ok so now there's a part 3 of this, and from what I understand thanks to DeepL, it's clear that part 3 happened after part 1 and 2 and it's from Kanon's pov. In part 3, Kanon was questioning her friendship with Chisato, which means that Kanon and Chisato was not dating from the start.

"かのちぃ前提のれんちさ"
The description says the setting of this is that Kanon and Chisato are already together but then leading from that into the Ren x Chisato pairing.

I think you're wrong about this. It's more likely that the author means "KanoChii story with RenChisa at the start".
At part 3, the author even wrote "かのんちゃん視点です" which roughly translated to "It's almost KanoChii now".

Anw, with that I believe that the cheating tag is wrong and should be removed.

Also, here's the link to part 3, just in case anyone ask: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/93936545

joined Sep 18, 2018

Yeah, I was mistaken about it, disregard my previous comments. It also seems more than likely there's even going to be a part4 of this as well, which might further change the dynamics too.

To reply you must either login or sign up.