Forum › Yuri in Non-Yuri Works of Fiction

joined Apr 17, 2018

I am currently seeking works-of-fiction (ie. anime, manga, video games) whose casts include a female character who's in a relationship with another female character. Whether they start out in a relationship or enter one down the line is irrelevant. The work in-question, however, should preferably be of a genre that's NOT predominantly Yuri, nor have what I know as the trope, a "Cast Full of Gay". Additionally, I'd prefer if said-casts had characters of BOTH genders.

Nisshoku
joined Jan 9, 2017

The manga Otomen, Toriko, and Mahou Sensei Negima all are interesting and end with a yuri couple.
The anime Psycho pass reveals a couple at the end of season 1.
Also, you might want to try asking in the pinned topic for manga recommendation.

joined Apr 17, 2018

The manga Otomen, Toriko, and Mahou Sensei Negima all are interesting and end with a yuri couple.
The anime Psycho pass reveals a couple at the end of season 1.
Also, you might want to try asking in the pinned topic for manga recommendation.

thank you; I will

would you happen to know any other anime that meet the qualifications of what i'm looking for?

Nisshoku
joined Jan 9, 2017

I don't usually watch much anime, so I can't think of anything right now.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Ooh, Otomen was really good. Was always nervous it would go yaoi. but it didn't cross that line

joined Apr 17, 2018

Ooh, Otomen was really good. Was always nervous it would go yaoi. but it didn't cross that line

yaoi? what about yuri?

Nisshoku
joined Jan 9, 2017

yaoi? what about yuri?

As in it's not yaoi, the main character just looks he would belong in a yaoi manga.

joined Apr 17, 2018

yaoi? what about yuri?

As in it's not yaoi, the main character just looks he would belong in a yaoi manga.

okay, but does otomen have any yuri?

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

For video games, I can think of Dragon Age (especially with Leliana's backstory) and Guild Wars 2 (an MMO which depicts the growth and evolution of a relationship between Marjory and Kasmeer over the course of several seasons). Not sure if you specifically wanted Japanese video games.

When it comes to anime and manga, I think it's pretty rare for something that isn't explicitly yuri to contain romantic f/f relationships. There's a few notable examples, such as Cardcaptor Sakura (a one-sided crush) and Sailor Moon. There are wiki lists that might be helpful, but it's hard to sift out the ones that might be considered yuri genre.

last edited at Sep 4, 2021 9:33AM

joined Aug 29, 2019

For video games, I can think of Dragon Age (especially with Leliana's backstory) and Guild Wars 2 (an MMO which depicts the growth and evolution of a relationship between Marjory and Kasmeer over the course of several seasons). Not sure if you specifically wanted Japanese video games.

Mass Effect (at least 2, 3 and Andromeda if you don't count Asari as "female") also comes to mind, rather obviously.

Borderlands 3 has you deal with (Tiny) Tina's ex-girlfriend.

Those are also, obviously, assuming we're not specifically talking Japanese media.

joined Apr 17, 2018

Not sure if you specifically wanted Japanese video games.
Those are also, obviously, assuming we're not specifically talking Japanese media.

No, it needn't be limited to specifically Japanese

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

The Yuri in other Media thread lists quite a few things that are not mainly yuri as well, you can try looking through that.

As for manga, there is a yuri side couple in Dachi no Imouto.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

IIRC Carole and Tuesday had a Lesbian sidecouple but I don't remember how many episodes they were in.

last edited at Sep 4, 2021 12:07PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.