Forum › Stretch discussion

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

If you look at Yawaspi's lineup on its front page, it seems like Akili isn't the only one doing a month break.
However, it seems like not every mangaka is doing so.

Did some research.
The only Japanese public holidays during Akili's break is December 23rd (Emperor's Bday), January 1st (NY), and January 12 (Coming of Age day). Christmas isn't a public holiday, seems more like just a gift-giving tradition before/after work.

Wow, Yuppers, aren't you amazing?! But then it really doesn't leave much time for holidays. Oh, I'm starting to feel the upcoming drama. The Vol.3 should also be completed in a couple of chapters I guess, so it's a good place for a milestone chapter... Oh, come to think about it, may be the next chapter is simply a double issue, like 22B?

I was thinking about the "kyaa she's the prince of the school" type of yuri :P

you know, princes also blush :P

He didn't want it to become yuri, but then it did. Now he's not sure what to do, so he has to take a break to figure it out!

Oh, so you think it wasn't intentional and he just let his characters live and that's how they ended up being on their own? Hehe... I still think Chapter 10 was where it really started ^_^

It's possible Akili and some others are adopting some new projects to increase the income. Dunno how popular Stretch is, but it probably isn't that sustainable...

I haven't heard anything like that, but it's certainly possible. Stretch is only ~16 pages a month though, so I'm he's got plenty of time to work on other projects as well!

A new manga by Shou? That would be stunning! Unless it's hentai xD Also wonder how they monetize at yawaspi - online ads + volumes publishing?

On a side note, I want to scan my avi page so I can have a bigger res version for it...the text is so little...

how about that?

Loving the new Stretch DP!

+1

Really liked it when Keiko and Saki were talking about Ran on the balcony in ch.25 and Ran seemed to be able to hear them. Such a warm and fuzzy feeling.

It's so lovely, isn't it? Every time I read those Keiko's words I feel like hugging Ran so much!

last edited at Dec 19, 2014 10:30PM

Anime
joined Oct 20, 2014

Why is hentai bad?

joined Mar 28, 2014

Why is hentai bad?

I've never said it's bad :P

Anime
joined Oct 20, 2014

I've never said it's bad :P

You have now for some reason.

joined Mar 28, 2014

I said "That would be stunning! Unless it's hentai", which means "if it's not hentai, then a new manga from Shou is stunning". I've never said what happens if it is hentai. Not stunning is implied, but not stunning isn't bad either. It's just that my personal preference lies with a non-hentai manga, because Shou's a gorgeous story teller, so I'd love to read more from him. There aren't too many great stories, yet a lot of hentai. Doesn't mean the latter's bad.

last edited at Dec 19, 2014 10:25PM

Anime
joined Oct 20, 2014

It should be hentai.

joined Mar 28, 2014

It should be hentai.

who knows, may be it will... maybe even about Ran getting spanked xD

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

you know, princes also blush :P

Yes yes. Let the record books show that I am a princess, not a prince :P
regardless of the blushing!

Oh, so you think it wasn't intentional and he just let his characters live and that's how they ended up being on their own? Hehe... I still think Chapter 10 was where it really started ^_^

That's how it reads to me! But of course, nobody really knows except the artist...

A new manga by Shou? That would be stunning! Unless it's hentai xD Also wonder how they monetize at yawaspi - online ads + volumes publishing?

lol! The ads all seem to point to other things by the publisher..? So I would think it is just a lower version of print magazines, with most money being made through volume sales.

how about that?

:o Exactly! Thanks!

Loving the new Stretch DP!

+1

Thank you both again!

I said "That would be stunning! Unless it's hentai", which means "if it's not hentai, then a new manga from Shou is stunning". I've never said what happens if it is hentai. Not stunning is implied, but not stunning isn't bad either. It's just that my personal preference lies with a non-hentai manga, because Shou's a gorgeous story teller, so I'd love to read more from him. There aren't too many great stories, yet a lot of hentai. Doesn't mean the latter's bad.

I thought we all came here because we thought this was his next big hentai..? Please don't mind that I've never read any of that stuff of his ^^;

Anime
joined Oct 20, 2014

THIS IS YURI and in yuri spanking doesn't take place.

joined Mar 28, 2014

I thought we all came here because we thought this was his next big hentai..? Please don't mind that I've never read any of that stuff of his ^^;

Believe it or not but I came here for YKA and then noticed a series of Stretch chapters uploaded in a batch... And then I tried reading it... and then I got addicted... and then I started to exercise stretching... and now we're on equal ground with Citrus in comments count xD

THIS IS YURI and in yuri spanking doesn't take place.

I know, I know ;) I was just entertaining the idea of Shou writing another manga in parallel to Stretch, in which Keiko and Ran would go all hentai.

10930931_1572484072967796_9102248557687339195_n
joined Jan 4, 2014

What? What are you guys talking about? Shou's new manga? Does he confirm it or it's just your paranoia?

joined Apr 9, 2014

What? What are you guys talking about? Shou's new manga? Does he confirm it or it's just your paranoia?

it's just their (our) wish

princeinquisitor
joined Oct 28, 2014

Well, I'll come out in defense of hentai, xd. I became a fan of Shou thanks to its hentai manga, since I seem genuine gems, and then it was that I met Prism and then Stretch, which served to confirm my taste for this artist. If someone wants to try one of their manga hentai, recommend it to 100 Hearts.

Effectively, Shou is publishing two series, one is Stretch and the other is called Implicity, which is being published at Comic LO. The problem with Implicity is that just has published two chapters, chapter xx was published in May 2013 and Chapter 1 (56 pages) was published in June this year, besides that announced the series in April 2013, so it seems that this series will be published annually, xd.

Apart from Implicity Shou has published two oneshots under the name Akili. The first was published in Yawaspi, the January 7, 2014 as part of the celebration for the first anniversary of Yawaspi and curiously Shou represent himself as a woman. The second was Deodorant, published in the Weekly Big Comic Spirit No. 30-2014, published on June 23, 2014, consists of 6 pages and has a main character that looks like Ran.

Shou also gave two interviews. A two-part interview (first part, second part) in Woman Insight in mid-June this year, because of the publication of the first volume of Stretch. The second interview was given in the josei magazine You No. 1-2014, published on December 14, 2013, where curiously Shou represent itself in the same way as it did in the oneshot published in Yawaspi, ie as a woman.

So far Shou has published four volumes of hentai manga, the first volume of Prism and the two volumes of Stretch. In the past Shou has also performed other tasks such as illustrator of magazine covers Genron and the designer of the packaging of two onahos, xd. He was also designer of Murya Kamiyu who represents the company that published Genron. He also participated in Elect-LO-nica Compilation, when composing two songs under the name Quasar and also he served as an illustrator in this compilation

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

^ Dang xD

I have not read any hentai by Shou, tho the thought has crossed my mind a few times... What can I expect from it?

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Mainly loli

The plots also tend to be on the dark side (ie lots of rape)

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Mainly loli

Oh.. Anything more... vanilla?

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Mainly loli

Oh.. Anything more... vanilla?

drpepperfan likes one called Gemini that I thought was pretty vanilla. Though it's also fake yuri twincest.

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

Im itching for the next chapter ;.;

joined Mar 25, 2013

Hmm, is Ran a virgin? I don't recall her ever mentioning having a boyfriend or girlfriend in the past. Since she's working as a cabaret girl I doubt it, but still..

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

I always assumed Ran is a virgin, but we don't have much background story about her. Probably one of the next chapters.

BTW, the second Stretch printing is released. The kindle version is 540 yen.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/409186449X/

And you can't buy it if your location is outside Japan T__T

What would it cost to have the chapters translated to English and publish them as a webcomic with a donation button. I think Shou would have his investment back in days.
And this goes for many yuri mangakas; somebody understand why they don't try this?

last edited at Dec 22, 2014 3:04PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

The only thing we know about her really is that her father is dead and she likes alcohol a lot.

This is in a Josei Web Magazine right? Are there any Josei manga/anime that are yuri and end with yuri? Because maybe because of that it won't be the yuri end everyone wants and they'll each get a boyfriend.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

The only thing we know about her really is that her father is dead and she likes alcohol a lot.

This is in a Josei Web Magazine right? Are there any Josei manga/anime that are yuri and end with yuri? Because maybe because of that it won't be the yuri end everyone wants and they'll each get a boyfriend.

Isn't it a seinen magazine ? With a seinen magazine everything is possible.

last edited at Dec 22, 2014 4:20PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

Isn't it a seinen magazine ? With a seinen magazine everything is possible.

I've seen it said it was a Josei in earlier comments. It would be nice if it was Seinen though.

Edit: Who's going to be the first to claim the 69?
Edit2: We are officially ahead of Citrus on post count.

last edited at Dec 22, 2014 5:08PM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Seems like seinen from what I see in Wikipedia and mangaupdate

Haha 1700 =D

last edited at Dec 22, 2014 5:17PM

joined Oct 6, 2014

I think if this goes legit het my yuri heart will be crushed.

To reply you must either login or sign up.