Forum › Stretch discussion

Pain
joined Jun 4, 2013

I thought it was quite weird too. Turns out it's not particularly popular then? Ah, but of course, stretching is effort after all ^_^

Lol.
No but really, the chapter has about 12k views since release, which isn't bad at all (I think Their Story screwed up its chance to get in).

The Stretch discussion is typically the most viewed or second-most viewed every month, though Their Story has also conquered that the last couple months.

Are these stats only Uploaders can see?

Anime
joined Oct 20, 2014

Oh my God I think they are.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Are these stats only Uploaders can see?

Sadly yes. I've suggested chapter/series view counts be implemented but I'm not sure that will ever happen (fingers crossed).

Discussion numbers definitely won't be, but I think it's pretty easy to gauge that regardless, since it's kept track of overall. For reference' sake, we're currently at 129,256 views.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

what a cruel fate
Imgur

I think it's pretty easy to gauge that regardless, since it's kept track of overall. For reference' sake, we're currently at 129,256 views.

so like, ~4500 discussion views per chapter on average? But how many people do view the comments out of all who read the chapter?

10930931_1572484072967796_9102248557687339195_n
joined Jan 4, 2014

I like Their story too but not as much as stretch. At first I kinda "WTF, Stretch is so good but nobody know it? And then Citrus? and then Their story??? WTF" But well, I dont mind it anyway, Good stuff isnt for everyone.

princeinquisitor
joined Oct 28, 2014

I like Their story too but not as much as stretch. At first I kinda "WTF, Stretch is so good but nobody know it? And then Citrus? and then Their story??? WTF"

The comparison I'll do may seem silly and out of place, but we can say that in the context of yuri Citrus is One piece, Their Story is Shingeki no Kyojin and Stretch, well, some shonen who wants to take the throne of the above referred with a much better story, but it can not do for lack of popularity.

But well, I dont mind it anyway, Good stuff isnt for everyone.

That has always been the case and there is no reason to bother, we should just enjoy and let things happen.

Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

Just discovered this because lots of people were like wow we got Fragtime and Stretch today, what a treat and i had to check this out.

And i'm so glad I did. I just love their interactions and relationship even though they're not really actually together. And when Ran said her chocolate was the special kind I think my heart nearly burst with happiness because yay feelings!

I just finished reading it and I feel like rereading it already.

joined Mar 28, 2014

I just finished reading it and I feel like rereading it already.

You should do it - every reread brings you details you missed before.
Oh, and don't forget to do the stretches ^__^

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Lack of popularity ? Isn't stretch pretty popular ?
This manga didn't made it to the top 6 just one time when if I remember well there was at least 2 chapter of their story here. I may be wrong but the other chapter have always made it to the top no ?

Edit : Oh and I would say Citrus = bleach or Naruto, people may not like it or find it too popular but One piece's world and story is particularly well made for a shonen. At least in my opinion. x)

last edited at Dec 17, 2014 11:21AM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I like Their story too but not as much as stretch. At first I kinda "WTF, Stretch is so good but nobody know it? And then Citrus? and then Their story??? WTF" But well, I dont mind it anyway, Good stuff isnt for everyone.

Their Story spiked crazy high due to it being something different to the usual yuri, a very refreshing take to what we usually find around here.

Well... if Stretch was yuri (as in had a Yuri tag) it would have definitely made a larger following on this site than what it currently is... Cuz a lot of ppl won't even read anything without those tags.

10930931_1572484072967796_9102248557687339195_n
joined Jan 4, 2014

Their story is good, cute and very nice art. I like it a lot but it is not a "good telling" story, I prefer something more delicate than that, like Stretch. hehe, I love Stretch, and I will love that YURI tag on Stretch )))

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

so like, ~4500 discussion views per chapter on average?

Yes. In late March the series was at about ~40,000 views for its discussion, just before chapter 27 it was at 75,000.
So rather than breaking it down to a strict average, I think I'd say it was getting about 3,000 views per chapter, but now it's ballooned to over 10,000 in the last few months. (The power of yuri!)

But how many people do view the comments out of all who read the chapter?

Usually the view count on discussions is somewhere between 10% and 60% of the actual chapter, averaging out at maybe 25%. A couple random examples from the front page:

"Various Adult HonoMaki" - ~17k views/~4k views [discussion]
"Exciting Feelings" - ~15k views/~5k views [discussion]

Stretch is a nice exception lately, with the discussion having pretty similar view counts to the chapter going back to August.

Well... if Stretch was yuri (as in had a Yuri tag) it would have definitely made a larger following on this site than what it currently is... Cuz a lot of ppl won't even read anything without those tags.

Stretch is...massively popular considering. Other than Dowman Sayman, there is no other non-yuri thing on the site that generates much interest; Stretch obviously has plenty.

last edited at Dec 17, 2014 1:34PM

joined Mar 28, 2014

so like, ~4500 discussion views per chapter on average?

Yes. In late March the series was at about ~40,000 views for its discussion, just before chapter 27 it was at 75,000.
So rather than breaking it down to a strict average, I think I'd say it was getting about 3,000 views per chapter, but now it's ballooned to over 10,000 in the last few months. (The power of yuri!)

But how many people do view the comments out of all who read the chapter?

Usually the view count on discussions is somewhere between 10% and 60% of the actual chapter, averaging out at maybe 25%. A couple random examples from the front page:

"Various Adult HonoMaki" - ~17k views/~4k views [discussion]
"Exciting Feelings" - ~15k views/~5k views [discussion]

Wow! OrangePekoe, so much info, you're awesome!!
btw, offtopic: Is there a shorter way to call you? Like.. I don't know... Pekoe-chan? Or Orange-kun maybe? OP also sounds nice xD Any other preference? Although... OrangePekoe's also fine I guess if you like it more ^^

Stretch is a nice exception lately, with the discussion having pretty similar view counts to the chapter going back to August.

Aha! Makes sense! That's when Akili dropped the H-bomb on us with a double chapter followed by a coloured Prologue. That last bit is actually what made me write for the first time in this thread ^__^ And this is exactly the point in time when Ran started pushing harder towards Keiko! Hehehe... Ahhhh, I'm gonna go and reread the whole story now once again xD

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

btw, offtopic: Is there a shorter way to call you? Like.. I don't know... Pekoe-chan? Or Orange-kun maybe? OP also sounds nice xD Any other preference? Although... OrangePekoe's also fine I guess if you like it more ^^

OrangePekoe likes it when you call him Sally. But only when he's wearing his go-go boots.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

^
The joke
|
|
|
|
my head

OP is one people use that I've gotten attached to. OP-chan makes me blush, but is also nice. Pekoe-chan is fine, Orange-kun kind of makes me think I could be the star of my own yuri manga (so definitely not that one).
It doesn't really matter to me, hehe~

Aha! Makes sense! That's when Akili dropped the H-bomb on us with a double chapter followed by a coloured Prologue. That last bit is actually what made me write for the first time in this thread ^__^ And this is exactly the point in time when Ran started pushing harder towards Keiko! Hehehe... Ahhhh, I'm gonna go and reread the whole story now once again xD

Yup. Your enthusiasm leaves me wanting to read it again too~

last edited at Dec 17, 2014 11:02PM

Pain
joined Jun 4, 2013

OP is one people use that I've gotten attached to. OP-chan makes me blush, but is also nice. Pekoe-chan is fine, Orange-kun kind of makes me think I could be the star of my own yuri manga (so definitely not that one).

Why wouldn't you want to star in your own Yuri manga, Orange-kun?

Anime
joined Oct 20, 2014

^
The joke
|
|
|
|
my head

Ow my head hurts. :/

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

^Mine too ;\

Why wouldn't you want to star in your own Yuri manga, Orange-kun?

gulp Well, it's more like, I would be the one blushing, rather than the one being blushed over ^^;
If that makes sense.

last edited at Dec 17, 2014 11:44PM

Pain
joined Jun 4, 2013

gulp Well, it's more like, I would be the one blushing, rather than the one being blushed over ^^;
If that makes sense.

I fully realize what you mean now.
Not gonna lie, feeling a bit dumb.

last edited at Dec 17, 2014 11:47PM

joined Mar 28, 2014

Oh, that escalated quickly... So who's the star in Stretch then? Is it Keiko, or Ran, or both, or Saki may be? Or even an ex? xD

Also, after re-reading the story yesterday, I wondered why do we have the month break now?
A. Christmas and NY holidays for yawaspi team (incl. Shou)
B. Research required for next chapters (e.g. looking for more stretching exercises?)
C. Shou lost the muse with girls getting closer to each other
D. Shou planned a depressive dramatic chapter that would look unfair at Christmas time
E. You name it

@Pekoe:
wanted to post before you edited: rude and lewd sound the same in Japanese xD

Pain
joined Jun 4, 2013

Also, after re-reading the story yesterday, I wondered why do we have the month break now?
A. Christmas and NY holidays for yawaspi team (incl. Shou)
B. Research required for next chapters (e.g. looking for more stretching exercises?)
C. Shou lost the muse with girls getting closer to each other
D. Shou planned a depressive dramatic chapter that would look unfair at Christmas time
E. You name it

If you look at Yawaspi's lineup on its front page, it seems like Akili isn't the only one doing a month break.
However, it seems like not every mangaka is doing so.

Did some research.
The only Japanese public holidays during Akili's break is December 23rd (Emperor's Bday), January 1st (NY), and January 12 (Coming of Age day). Christmas isn't a public holiday, seems more like just a gift-giving tradition before/after work.

It's possible Akili and some others are adopting some new projects to increase the income. Dunno how popular Stretch is, but it probably isn't that sustainable...

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Oh, that escalated quickly... So who's the star in Stretch then? Is it Keiko, or Ran, or both, or Saki may be? Or even an ex? xD

Pfft~ It's obviously both.
I was thinking about the "kyaa she's the prince of the school" type of yuri :P

E. You name it

He didn't want it to become yuri, but then it did. Now he's not sure what to do, so he has to take a break to figure it out!

@Pekoe:

Ugh! Why did I edit that! lol

pats there there!

It's possible Akili and some others are adopting some new projects to increase the income. Dunno how popular Stretch is, but it probably isn't that sustainable...

I haven't heard anything like that, but it's certainly possible. Stretch is only ~16 pages a month though, so I'm he's got plenty of time to work on other projects as well!

On a side note, I want to scan my avi page so I can have a bigger res version for it...the text is so little...

Pain
joined Jun 4, 2013

Pfft~ It's obviously both.
I was thinking about the "kyaa she's the prince of the school" type of yuri :P

E. You name it

He didn't want it to become yuri, but then it did. Now he's not sure what to do, so he has to take a break to figure it out!

@Pekoe:

Ugh! Why did I edit that! lol

pats there there!

I haven't heard anything like that, but it's certainly possible. Stretch is only ~16 pages a month though, so I'm he's got plenty of time to work on other projects as well!

On a side note, I want to scan my avi page so I can have a bigger res version for it...the text is so little...

Loving the new Stretch DP!

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Really liked it when Keiko and Saki were talking about Ran on the balcony in ch.25 and Ran seemed to be able to hear them. Such a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Pain
joined Jun 4, 2013

Really liked it when Keiko and Saki were talking about Ran on the balcony in ch.25 and Ran seemed to be able to hear them. Such a warm and fuzzy feeling.

You're late. Continue reading.

To reply you must either login or sign up.