Forum › Arknights!

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

Rolled 107 rolls in total. 1 daily roll, 1 free 10 roll, 80 10 rolls and 16 tickets. Got Mudrock with free 10 roll after free daily roll, which is nice, but I really don't care for her. Then got a lot of 5 stars, mostly Whisperain (8 copies), Ptilopsis, Reed, Sora, Sesa I didn't have yet in one of the last 10 pulls and then later from 1 ticket. Got spooked by another Skadi with Ifrit in the middle as well as another Mudrock and got Suzuran from tickets (which I'm really happy about, because I was considering picking her with guarantee ticket). Also 17 Jackies. All in all, very happy with my rolls, as I didn't need to spend all my resources in order to get Rosmontis and I did hope to have something left to try getting Dusk (I don't really want her that much, but she looks neat, in general and gameplay wise, and well, she's limited). More copies would of course be nice, but I also don't think they're that necessary. Still got 13 daily pulls, so I'll see.

Congrats on the Suzuran. Do you still plan to buy the 6 star ticket tho?

I'm thinking about picking up the pick your own 6* ticket once I get paid on Tuesday any advice on who might be best for my team? My Current 6* operators are: E2 W, E2 Exusiai, E2 Ifrit, E2 Skadi, Almost E2 Blaze (just need more catalyst chips), E1 Nightingale, E1 Siege, E1 Rosmontis, unleveled SilverAsh, and unleveled Hoshiguma. My Highest 5* operators are E2 Level 80 Lappland, E2 Texas, E2 Amiya, E2 Liskarm, E1 Silence, E1 Red, E1 Nearl, and E1 Ceylon. Notable 4*s are E2 Jessica, E2 Cuora, and E2 Perfumer.

I personally would suggest Suzuran 'cause it seems you could use a slow supporter and debuffer to combo with your DPS units. Suzu is also good for both general usage and high difficulty stages (CC for example tho I know you don't participate there). Just some other considerations. Saria is actually the best choice since she's more useful, but she's already part of the yellow cert shop rotation so she'll likely show up there sooner than Suzu (who I expect to show up around October/November). I would also nominate Schwarz as the gay choice seeing that you have Ceylon. I'm sure the bird will appreciate having her kitty assassin maid.

Art stuff: horse auntie being dominated by her nieces, Summer Texland, NSFW Skadi selfcest or Skadi getting corrupted, NSFW Blazethroat, FEater x Frostleaf, Ch'en x Dragon FemDoc (it gives me vibes of my favorite ship), and not necessarily shipping but it's cute: Mudrock headpatting Rosmontis

Congrats to everyone. Glad you all had better luck than I did XD

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

LMAO. Mudrock is so broken xD At E1 lvl 20 she's already so freaking tanky. She can easily tank Faust at 5-10 all by herself x3

myrrhmidon posted:

Congrats on the Suzuran.

Thanks!

Do you still plan to buy the 6 star ticket tho?

Yea. It's guarantee 6 star after all + I still don't have SilverAsh, Nightingale, Mostima, Magallan, Schwarz and Rosa. I was the most interested in Nightingale, Mostima, Schwarz and Suzuran. I actually could buy either Nightingale or Magallan from cert shop, but bought tickets instead (all 38 of them). While I'm not that interested in Magallan as I didn't get into using summoners yet (and would need investing in her), Nightingale is niche, but when her niche applies she's really good. Still at this point I wasn't in rush to buying new 6 stars, since I have good team and many operators I still didn't properly lvl up yet, so I felt fine with spending my certs on tickets instead.

Ch'en x Dragon FemDoc

Lol. I was sure it was Talulah.

Mudrock headpatting Rosmontis

This is disgustingly adorable x3

last edited at May 1, 2021 5:20AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Welp, just pulled a genocide kittenRosmontis from the daily freebie. feelsgoodman.jpg because so far all I've gotten is a few Jackies, Whisperains and a random ass Manticore dupe.

NSFW Blazethroat,

something something cats birds food chain :v

...though Grey would have unusually good reasons to be jittery there, given she canonically gets PTSD shakes just from being near the Infected.

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Any idea if the next pick your own will have the Maki clone (Surtr) in it?

Edit: Here's an update on my SL7 characters now:

Adnachiel (New)
Ambriel (New)
Amiya
Ansel
Beagle
Blaze (New)
Cardigan
Ceylon (New)
Cuora
Exusiai
Fang
Frostleaf (New)
Gavial (New)
Gravel (New)
Gummy
Hibiscus
Ifrit
Jessica
Kroos
Lappland
Lava
Liskarm
Melantha
Mousse
Nearl
Orchid
Perfumer
Plume
Podenco (New)
Popukar
Rope (New)
Rosmontis (New)
Shaw (New)
Skadi
Steward
Texas
Vanilla
Vigna
W (New)

last edited at May 3, 2021 12:27AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

So yesterday a Top Operator + Sniper Recruit gave me Chow Yun-CatSchwarz (who will be pouring tea in dorms until now E2 Rosmontis' comprehensive annihilation of my resources is undone...) - today it's Top Operator + Ranged. Is RNGesus in a celebratory mood or something? o_O

last edited at May 3, 2021 11:56AM

Rsz_0642646002c7e23a9b0c50ea92cc124d_2
joined Jul 26, 2020

So yesterday a Top Operator + Sniper Recruit gave me Chow Yun-CatSchwarz (who will be pouring tea in dorms until now E2 Rosmontis' comprehensive annihilation of my resources is undone...) - today it's Top Operator + Ranged. Is RNGesus in a celebratory mood or something? o_O

Ayyy, congrats! Schwarz is pretty good sometimes when you don't feel like using Eyja lol. Tbh most of my operators I've gotten since playing AK have been sitting pretty doing absolutely nothing. I should really use them more instead of just using the "meta" units to clear stages. I really need a new CC or something to start using other people.

joined Apr 30, 2020

Do you still plan to buy the 6 star ticket tho?

Yea. It's guarantee 6 star after all + I still don't have SilverAsh, Nightingale, Mostima, Magallan, Schwarz and Rosa. I was the most interested in Nightingale, Mostima, Schwarz and Suzuran. I actually could buy either Nightingale or Magallan from cert shop, but bought tickets instead (all 38 of them). While I'm not that interested in Magallan as I didn't get into using summoners yet (and would need investing in her), Nightingale is niche, but when her niche applies she's really good. Still at this point I wasn't in rush to buying new 6 stars, since I have good team and many operators I still didn't properly lvl up yet, so I felt fine with spending my certs on tickets instead.

I dunno if you've set your mind already, but of the ones you don't have, I'd recommend Rosa. Mostly cause she's the one there who won't be appearing the shop for quite a while. But she's not in the list that you're interested in so maybe Mostima then. Schwarz should be appearing in the shop soon-ish after Hellagur (who I think should be after Siege). Not to mention Schwarz is already in recruitment as attested by @random.

Btw @random congrats on that and congrats on the Rosmontis. I wish I could get Top Op within days and not months...

Still hoping for a Mudrock dupe from the free daily rolls. Her 36 DP costs is really something.

Any idea if the next pick your own will have the Maki clone (Surtr) in it?

The one in CN's 2nd anniv (which should be next year for our 2nd anniv) had Surtr for the paid 6 star ticket.

Art: interesting to see Frostleaf and May together, Followers poly, Exusiai can't resist Texas in a suit, Talulah and Reunion with a dose of feels, and if one wants more sadness: Talulah admiring Alina's hair and Talulah giving Alina a kiss on the hand

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Jesus. Spend entire day trying to unlock secret ending from M8-6. It was a nightmare. I kept falling no matter what I tried and couldn't even try the strat I had in mind, because support system is garbage. Can't wait when they'll finally fix it. Even watched videos and still couldn't understand what I was doing wrong. Until I finally realized that in last wave you have few leaders that deal way more dmg... Seriously that was always my issue with Lizardmen. I like how you always clearly know when unit is a leader version, because they're colored with bright red, but with them, because they're all red already and have that originium tile effect glowing on them, I never can tell apart the normal versions from leader ones. Anyway, finally beat it, let's see if it was worth it.

random posted:

Gj! I'm not jealous

myrrhmidon posted:

I dunno if you've set your mind already, but of the ones you don't have, I'd recommend Rosa. Mostly cause she's the one there who won't be appearing the shop for quite a while. But she's not in the list that you're interested in so maybe Mostima then. Schwarz should be appearing in the shop soon-ish after Hellagur (who I think should be after Siege). Not to mention Schwarz is already in recruitment as attested by @random.

Yea, I was thinking I can get Schwarz from recruitment (assuming I'll get Top tag and good tags along with it, waited for last Top tag 4 months and got it recently, so I'm not really expecting it anytime soon). I'm not really set on anything. I was mostly thinking about Schwarz cos sniper and I do like her gimmick, but when I was trying to beat M8-6, I saw Rosa and tried her out, because turns out she's ideal for that map with her range and ability to bind enemies, which made me want her, because like Nightingale, she's niche, but when her niche applies, she's great.

Shiri1
joined Aug 13, 2019

Me small brain chp 8 spoilers: I don't really understand what happened at the end. Tallulah's adoptive dad was controlling her the whole time? Ever since the part where she burned down a village? It actually wasn't the dad but some random Snake Entity? I actually really enjoyed the story and pacing of this chapter until the part where the Royal Guards showed up and it just ended up throwing paragraphs of lore and bombshells in my face. Also, that super secret ending? Not sure what the point of that was either. Do some incredible hard challenges and all you unlock is 12F popping out of the ground to read off of a fortune cookie.

I also now don't know who to ship Talluah with. She's got a bit of a Scavenger thing with Allina that I don't really know if she can move on from and Ch'en doesn't really seem to want much to do with her. Here's hoping for the whirling romance Crownslayer route.

last edited at May 4, 2021 3:12AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

whatayuri posted:

Tallulah's adoptive dad was controlling her the whole time? Ever since the part where she burned down a village? It actually wasn't the dad but some random Snake Entity?

I didn't finish story yet, I'm at last battle, but the way I understand it is that Deathless Snake is some really old Ursus dude that figured a way/his arts allowed him to transfer his conscious to someone else, (it's not really clearly how it works) and once conditions for him to control Talulah were met, he took over her body, i think. It's also not clear if Kashchey is the original name of Deathless Snake or his last incarnation just happened to be Kashchey. Either way, I'm not blaming you for not understanding it as it was a bit confusing and messy. I'll talk more about story once I finish it.

Also, that super secret ending? Not sure what the point of that was either. Do some incredible hard challenges and all you unlock is 12F popping out of the ground to read off of a fortune cookie.

Yea, out of 3 secret endings I saw so far only 1 was any good.

last edited at May 4, 2021 9:20AM

joined Jul 26, 2020

From what I see, Talulah's main ship people draw fanart of her with now is Alina and the other ship I see is with Yelena or Frostnova as we commonly know her as. Also yeah I mean, Ch'en's main ships are with Hoshi and Swire so ¯_(ツ)_/¯

last edited at May 4, 2021 1:19PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Ok. I'm not going to beat main boss. She sets 2 of your operators on fire and makes them explode, which will one shot every single operator I'll deploy. I have no clue how I'm supposed to win like that, unless I'm supposed to keep redeploying new operators to deal with incoming mobs, but then unless I use some broken operators to kill her, I'm still not sure how I'm supposed to set up anything to actually kill her.

joined Jul 26, 2020

Ok. I'm not going to beat main boss. She sets 2 of your operators on fire and makes them explode, which will one shot every single operator I'll deploy. I have no clue how I'm supposed to win like that, unless I'm supposed to keep redeploying new operators to deal with incoming mobs, but then unless I use some broken operators to kill her, I'm still not sure how I'm supposed to set up anything to actually kill her.

You use Nightingale. Also I've seen people beat her with 3-4 stars only so you don't need to use any broken operators. Nightingale is just the easy option cause her decoys + S3 and it's also helpful in JT8-3.

last edited at May 4, 2021 1:43PM

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

@myrrhmidon Is Mudrock selectable in the next pick your own 6*?

joined Jul 26, 2016

Tbh most of my operators I've gotten since playing AK have been sitting pretty doing absolutely nothing. I should really use them more instead of just using the "meta" units to clear stages.

I do try to 200% Trust them all so I try to get them to an usable level (which I define as SL6-7 and E1L50-60), so much of the time I'm actually bending over backwards to fit whoever I'm trust-farming ATM into clear strats. :P

...though this has the caveat that Ops already at 200% then get benched unless they're just too essential (Silverdaddy, Eyja and Gravel fall here a LOT), too fun (eg. Ifrit whenever an IFRIT LANE :exists:) or too convenient (eg. flagbearer Vanguards + Bagpipe, Ptilopsis) to leave out. Like I don't even remember when I last actually took Liskarm to a new stage - she was one of my starter pulls and did a lot of work early on...

Though if I can't stand an Op's visual design (or find their kit too troublesome to bother with, like poor Nightmare and Brawler Guards) they just get to earn their Trust idling in base. Leonhardt is a standout example because his default looks give me a skin condition - his new skin's much better so he's been promoted to the "will upgrade someday" list as his kit's fine. (As an aside this fate also befell my Kaeya in Genshin - he's consigned to eternal puzzle reserve and expedition duty because I loathe his character design.)

It's guarantee 6 star after all + I still don't have SilverAsh, Nightingale, Mostima, Magallan, Schwarz and Rosa. I was the most interested in Nightingale, Mostima, Schwarz and Suzuran.

In terms of sheer general utility I'd say Schwing Schwing ManSilverdaddy or Suzu. The former has stupidly useful passives, particularly the stealth purge, and a well-placed Truesilver Slash can carry you through some pretty dumb shit - there's a reason whole clear strats are built around its judicious application. he will also turn all males within half-kilometer radius into yaoi ukes Suzu a cute must proteccseems like quite the Swiss Army Knife from what I've seen borrowing her from friend support - besides the usual slow-supporter applications her second talent muscles in on Pramanix and Shamare's action, and her S3 with its area heal can get pretty silly in a tight spot. I got very good mileage out of that one in the last story stage of Chief Gavial, esp. against the High Priest and his bootleg Gorkanaut for ex.

Also honorary mention to Mostima. I understand she isn't considered all that good overall, but I've found her passive SP regen and slow shenanigans quite useful - and her S2 is plain cruel against stuff like Wraiths/Ergates or CC-boosted Crowny. Or just anything tough and dangerous that you'd like to lock down hard in a killzone before it reaches your ground frontline; eg. I threw it at some of the Club Elites etc. in Kaz Major to very good effect. plus Appliepie's waifu

Personally kinda tempted to buy the pack and grab either iizi moodo ketBlaze or Suzu. It's kinda more money than I'm usually willing to throw at an online game in one go - I could literally buy several full games with that sum after all - but I do legit like AK enough to seriously consider making an exception to my usual principles in these matters.

...oh and I accidentally a Mudrock just now. If I was the superstitious sort I'd be getting seriously worried over some sort of karmic backlash from all this ridiculous lucksacking I've been having over the past few days. O_o

last edited at May 4, 2021 9:59PM

joined Jul 26, 2020

I finally finished all of the chapter 8 stages (normal, challenge, and secret missions). People were dead serious when they said R8-8, M8-8, and JT8-3 were atrocious maps. R8-8 was just annoying as fuck since you had to be extra careful about deployment order and you can't mess up at all. M8-8 wasn't as bad but I really needed a guide for the challenge mode. Tbh I ended up using KyoStinV's strats for half my challenge mode clears and all of the JT stages cause those ones genuinely took too long to figure out. JT8-3 wasn't so bad with Nightingale and Thorns tbh. Also used Ch'en and Guardmiya for the lore, though not the correct skill cause those do not work very well at skill level 7....

last edited at May 5, 2021 2:04AM

joined Apr 30, 2020

Also, that super secret ending? Not sure what the point of that was either. Do some incredible hard challenges and all you unlock is 12F popping out of the ground to read off of a fortune cookie.

Yea, out of 3 secret endings I saw so far only 1 was any good.

12F is supposed to be Lowlight's self-insert. That moment was supposed to be like a breaking the 4th wall talking to the player moment.

From what I see, Talulah's main ship people draw fanart of her with now is Alina and the other ship I see is with Yelena or Frostnova as we commonly know her as. Also yeah I mean, Ch'en's main ships are with Hoshi and Swire so ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Sad Mochi Au Lait noises Of the few times I get into yuri incest and it's not even the popular one. Hoping for more interactions in future story chapters and/or when Talulah becomes playable.

@myrrhmidon Is Mudrock selectable in the next pick your own 6*?

Not yet in CN. Probably the next one since both Aak and Weedy eventually do show up in the paid 6 star ticket. Just to be clear, the CN 2nd anniv paid 6 star includes all permanent 6 stars up to Blemishine.

In terms of sheer general utility I'd say Schwing Schwing ManSilverdaddy or Suzu.

I wanted to recommend SilverAsh too but he can show up in the shop and he's in recruitment. Also, Nevri already got Suzu, but yes both are the good meta recommendations.

Personally kinda tempted to buy the pack and grab either iizi moodo ketBlaze or Suzu.

Blaze might show up in the cert shop soon-ish at around late June or July. That's around 1 year since her release in EN.

. ...oh and I accidentally a Mudrock just now.

Lol congrats. Reminds me of a youtuber who got both Ros and Mudrock in 21 rolls.

Actually haven't done the story yet cause I want to be done with leveling and masteries first. I just finished M6 Jackie (cause I like doggo) and M3 skill 2 Mudrock. Currently planning to E2 Rosmontis then farm for mastery 3 mats for Guard Amiya. Might not start with the story until next week. Speaking of, Hell Stages got announced to be out this Friday. Goodluck with those.

joined Apr 30, 2020

Sorry for the double post but I just found the video for the annual Arknights pairings popularity poll in CN. It was only made February this year so it's not up to date. I wonder if Skadi x Specter would have ranked higher tho they are already at top 10. Also glad my ship is at least top 18. Higher than Alina x Talulah lol. But as expected, Ch'en other pairings are higher with HoshiCh'en still at number 4. I think they removed any pairing with the Doctor this time since Doc x harem and Doc x SilverAsh are no longer here.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Guess it's raining Murdock? She is the only 6* I got. At least I got a ton of new OPs so, now I can actually have fun in this game again.
I...uh... my Murdock E2 and skills might take a while lol
New annihilation seems pretty straightforward.

joined Jul 26, 2020

Sorry for the double post but I just found the video for the annual Arknights pairings popularity poll in CN. It was only made February this year so it's not up to date. I wonder if Skadi x Specter would have ranked higher tho they are already at top 10. Also glad my ship is at least top 18. Higher than Alina x Talulah lol. But as expected, Ch'en other pairings are higher with HoshiCh'en still at number 4. I think they removed any pairing with the Doctor this time since Doc x harem and Doc x SilverAsh are no longer here.

--->Flamexe #1

Disappointed but not surprised the one M/M ship that do not ever interact in canon or have anything to do with each other ended up topping the list.

Also IIRC the way they made this poll was in the amount of people who participated in the LOFTER tags right? I don't think Talulah x Alina even has a tag that all shippers use cause most of the popular art I see in the Talulah tag are mostly with her and those ones aren't tagged with the ship. This goes with some of the other ships too where they just don't tag the ship with specific names cause there's just no unified ship name for some of them. Instead it'll just get tagged with the names of both people or sometimes just one if one of the characters is an NPC who isn't as known.

last edited at May 5, 2021 9:32AM

joined Apr 30, 2020

New annihilation seems pretty straightforward.

I found it easier that you fight the two bosses one at a time in contrast with the Maria Nearl event.

Also IIRC the way they made this poll was in the amount of people who participated in the LOFTER tags right? I don't think Talulah x Alina even has a tag that all shippers use cause most of the popular art I see in the Talulah tag are mostly with her and those ones aren't tagged with the ship. This goes with some of the other ships too where they just don't tag the ship with specific names cause there's just no unified ship name for some of them. Instead it'll just get tagged with the names of both people or sometimes just one if one of the characters is an NPC who isn't as known.

It seems you don't know but 塔娜 is the pairing tag for Talulah x Alina. But you're right that the tag is not used consistently and there's quite a number of art of the pairing that just has the character tags. We don't know if the video took that into consideration or it really was just pairing tags.

Speaking of, some art from Twitter: photos of a happier time, fluffy dragon hair, and an alternative pairing but still just as sad.

Shiri1
joined Aug 13, 2019

There can't seriously be more Frostnova x Frostleaf out there than stuff like Blue Poison x Glaucus. Can't say I've seen more than 2 pics of that. And no WxTheresa? Seen a ton of that. LappxExu is also a looooooot higher than I was expecting, but I can dig it.

joined Jul 26, 2020

There can't seriously be more Frostnova x Frostleaf out there than stuff like Blue Poison x Glaucus. Can't say I've seen more than 2 pics of that. And no WxTheresa? Seen a ton of that. LappxExu is also a looooooot higher than I was expecting, but I can dig it.

It's a fanmade poll so I wouldn't take this video as the 100% true not fake popularity of these ships. Also it's all in CN and not counting fanart/fanfic/fan content of other platforms from outside of LOFTER. There's a fair amount of ship art that's on Twitter/Pixiv that haven't been counted.

joined Apr 30, 2020

It's a fanmade poll so I wouldn't take this video as the 100% true not fake popularity of these ships. Also it's all in CN and not counting fanart/fanfic/fan content of other platforms from outside of LOFTER. There's a fair amount of ship art that's on Twitter/Pixiv that haven't been counted.

I would like to add that the lofter pairing tags include not just fanart but also screenshots, meme edits, videos, fanfictions, and just general blog posts talking about the pairing. For sure, some pairings may have more fanart, but other pairing tags may have more overall content.

joined Jul 26, 2020

Got a Top Operator tag and got Hellagur. Seems like my farming is gonna be hell for the next few months cause I need to build Ceobe, Rosmontis, Skadi (still), Hellagur, and Eunectes now. Also Whisperain, Vulcan, and Snowsaint for their base skills lol...

To reply you must either login or sign up.