Forum › At the Brothel of Black Cove discussion

Img_20210205_074921
joined Jun 7, 2020

e

Tentacle_Bearded_Eye-Brain
joined Mar 10, 2021

Ahh, Homura, or some say Homuraya... Do you hear our prayers?

As you did with Black Cove...

...Grant us Lovecraftian Yuri.
...Grant us Lovecraftian Yuri. Plant Mangas on our screens, to cleanse us of our perverted desires!

Hahahah haha hahaha!

last edited at Mar 10, 2021 8:24AM

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

As long as she doesn't become the Mother Of A Thousand Young.

Funnily enough, Homura Subaru did make a doujin where that happens and it is also Lovecraft themed. Appropriately titled Deep Ones, it is not uploaded here but if you're in the know, the code is 209138. It is kinda fucked up and while there is enough girl on girl to make it yuri, most of the sex is between the girl and uh... whatever those fish things are so understandably, probably not yuri enough for this site.

Damn, I feel doubly betrayed now... first I learn that Homura Subaru isn’t a girl (I thought they were both girl names so I thought she was a girl regardless of the name order...), and now I learn that he does non-yuri stuff! That first thing isn’t really a good reason to feel betrayed... but the second one might be. Well, it’s not really too surprising given that he already has borderline stuff like this, but still...

joined Jul 26, 2016

Damn, I feel doubly betrayed now... first I learn that Homura Subaru isn’t a girl (I thought they were both girl names so I thought she was a girl regardless of the name order...), and now I learn that he does non-yuri stuff! That first thing isn’t really a good reason to feel betrayed... but the second one might be. Well, it’s not really too surprising given that he already has borderline stuff like this, but still...

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

It's not entirely serious, but it is more serious than it should be honestly haha. I'm sure most of the folks writing hentai like this mostly write het stuff, but I've come to think that some of the more well-known mangaka like Mira, Ooshima Towo, or Homura Subaru only wrote yuri... yeah, I was exaggerating when I called it a "betrayal," but it just seems to me weird to learn that they also do het after all this time (if Mira or whoever else does anyway). That applies to the mangaka of more innocent stuff like, I don't know, Morinaga Milk or Nakatani Nio or someone, though at least that probably won't be hentai and all (actually I remember Morinaga Milk did something pretty weird now that I think about it...). As for the first thing, I do tend to assume that most yuri mangaka are female which I at least don't think is exactly an incorrect assumption to make most of the time.

joined Jan 14, 2020

I assume it depends on the style of the yuri. Like if it's 50% crotch shots like Age 15 then it's probably a male mangaka.

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

It's not entirely serious, but it is more serious than it should be honestly haha. I'm sure most of the folks writing hentai like this mostly write het stuff, but I've come to think that some of the more well-known mangaka like Mira, Ooshima Towo, or Homura Subaru only wrote yuri... yeah, I was exaggerating when I called it a "betrayal," but it just seems to me weird to learn that they also do het after all this time (if Mira or whoever else does anyway). That applies to the mangaka of more innocent stuff like, I don't know, Morinaga Milk or Nakatani Nio or someone, though at least that probably won't be hentai and all (actually I remember Morinaga Milk did something pretty weird now that I think about it...). As for the first thing, I do tend to assume that most yuri mangaka are female which I at least don't think is exactly an incorrect assumption to make most of the time.

Just so you know, one of Homura Subaru's earliest doujins if not their earliest is one that involves guys and a futa and well mostly said futa attached to plant rape thingy. That said, I don't think they've done het since then (someone correct me if I'm wrong here). They did draw a cover art for a het anthology recently but that's it as far I know. Homura Subaru is still known for yuri specifically nipple play and lactation.

9a1da81aa22c0496f00a424c950e6c9f~4
joined Jan 24, 2020

back in the day it was difficult to get yuri adult works in a magazine without futa or tentacles, because they "wouldn't sell," so homura subaru had to do a couple before the editors finally let them do milky succubus lilly

nowadays they're firmly established as a yuri-only author so you rarely see anything like that. note that the rest of the works in this anthology are het, but homura subaru's chapter with lesbian cthulhu doesn't even have any weird phallic tentacles or anything. I don't think you need to worry.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Where is the hypnosis tag?

Areyougonnatouchem-17sq
joined Jan 27, 2019

BTW Vhuzompha is an actual Lovecraft creation.

Hate to "well, actually" you, but Vhuzompha is a creation of James Ambuehl. Certainly part of the extended Cthulhu Mythos, but not one of Lovecraft's original beasties.

To be clear and/or fair, a number of the beings (or at least their names) even in Lovecraft's stories were not made up by him — for instance, Hastur came from Ambrose Bierce by way of Robert Chambers's The King in Yellow, and Dagon was a Philistine god mentioned in the Bible — and that's part of what makes the Cthulhu Mythos as engaging as it is. Even when Lovecraft was writing, it was an open world with many conflicting and contradictory voices, with a number of other writers playing in the same pool.

To reply you must either login or sign up.