Forum › Arknights!

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

myrrhmidon posted:

Maria Nearl animated PV

Nice! Can't wait to not drop Blemishine!

last edited at Apr 5, 2021 5:01AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

myrrhmidon posted:

Maria Nearl animated PV

#metoo

[ BrazilVietnam flashbacks of too many pulls without single Eunectes intensify ]

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

random posted:

myrrhmidon posted:

Maria Nearl animated PV

#metoo

[ BrazilVietnam flashbacks of too many pulls without single Eunectes intensify ]

I know your pain T__T
remembers getting spooked by Phantom

joined Jul 26, 2016

joined Jul 26, 2016

I did get spooked by Skadi recently. Which is, like, not bad but I already have her specific niche more than amply covered and she doesn't really do anything else... :|

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Today I got the Senior Operator tag and got an Istina dupe.

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

Here's a good collection of Arknights yuri mostly has Texas x Exusiai but also Schwarz x Ceylon, Blaze x Greythroat, Vulcan x Ceobe, Skadi x Grani, Saria x Silence and Theresa x W

Also, the Siege x Amiya comic updated in Danbooru.

Rsz_0642646002c7e23a9b0c50ea92cc124d_2
joined Jul 26, 2020

Yeah idk what is wrong with my luck but I got Magallan 2 rolls into the Blemishine banner. Did another 10 roll cause I just wanted to get Bubble for her base skill and got Aosta so looks like I'm just gonna collect 'em all at this point. I'm only missing like, 6 6 stars and 9 5 stars before I have every operator in the game so far. It's funny cause I'm not even whaling for anything and all of the money I've used on this game have mostly been for skins.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Name Kazimierz always was funny to me and gave me clearly Polish vibe (also this apparently is a thing) and I know that most countries are clearly based on existing ones like Ursus, Lungmen or Victoria, but I thought Kazimierz was more supposed to be just European countries that relied on knights in general. But now that I saw that event currency is called Mieszko Match Tickets, I'm 100% convinced it's supposed to be Poland. So, it seems like game decided to reward me for all my suffering with all those spooks and why not and so my single 10 roll went incredibly well. Bonus point for getting Platinum and Meteor first, 2 operators from Kazimierz. I guess I had perfect catalyst being from Poland stare

joined Jul 26, 2016

It always was very blatantly Poland, or more specifically the old Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth - decadence, decline and all. Though I'd imagine as monarch references go John II Casimir Vasa - kind of a fuckup who picked several fights he REALLY couldn't take - is the one they were going for...

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

random posted:

It always was very blatantly Poland, or more specifically the old Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth - decadence, decline and all.

Yea. The whole corruption thing also sounded pretty familiar with our history of nobility caring more about their own wealth and power, even trading to sabotage our country's stability for personal gains.

joined Jul 26, 2016

The Commonwealth is pretty much a case study in how ruinous an unfettered, over-sized and over-mighty landowner class a weak central governement could not bring to heel was to a realm - Spain is another excellent example, just much more geographically secure so it didn't get eaten alive by ambitious neighbours. And Gunpowder Age Europe was a very harsh place to realms that fell behind the curve all the more so if they occupied real estate as desirable and strategic as that of Poland-Lithuania.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Name Kazimierz always was funny to me and gave me clearly Polish vibe (also this apparently is a thing) and I know that most countries are clearly based on existing ones like Ursus, Lungmen or Victoria, but I thought Kazimierz was more supposed to be just European countries that relied on knights in general. But now that I saw that event currency is called Mieszko Match Tickets, I'm 100% convinced it's supposed to be Poland. So, it seems like game decided to reward me for all my suffering with all those spooks and why not and so my single 10 roll went incredibly well. Bonus point for getting Platinum and Meteor first, 2 operators from Kazimierz. I guess I had perfect catalyst being from Poland stare

Wow, the Polish bias is real. The one 10-roll I could afford only got me an extra Zima and a few 4-stars I already had.

I'm only at the beginning of the story event, but I can already see why Blemishine x Whislash is such a popular ship from their canon relationship. You know, besides the hot blonde incest factor :P

Rsz_0642646002c7e23a9b0c50ea92cc124d_2
joined Jul 26, 2020

Okay I actually played through the event and wow I really love how Arknights always has such interesting add-ons for their event pages. Like the news articles that go along with the event are really interesting. They read like genuine gossip pages and/or sports news that even have ads on them. Like bruh, that's cool as heck.

Speaking of Blemishine x Whislash, one of the news articles had a link to another article that said "Late Night Bar Visit, Intimate Relationship?! The "Family Secrets" of the Nearl Sisters and Zofia." Like... damn, even in-universe people think there's something up with them.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

塞雷娅 posted:

Like the news articles that go along with the event are really interesting. They read like genuine gossip pages and/or sports news that even have ads on them. Like bruh, that's cool as heck.

Yea. I really like them. They add a nice touch. I'm readying them carefully, expecting to notice some foreshadowing of future events in the event.

Speaking of Blemishine x Whislash, one of the news articles had a link to another article that said "Late Night Bar Visit, Intimate Relationship?! The "Family Secrets" of the Nearl Sisters and Zofia." Like... damn, even in-universe people think there's something up with them.

Yes, saw it xD

Ok, have to say all the polish words are funny to see and they even mostly makes sense!

last edited at Apr 8, 2021 2:54PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

"Rosebud News"? Totally Not A Reference

Also got spooked by cute dumb doggoCeobe, huh.

last edited at Apr 8, 2021 5:05PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

random posted:

Also got spooked by cute dumb doggoCeobe, huh.

Nice! But also sorry for spook ;/

Finally beat MN-8. Now can just focus on mindless farming. Also I didn't really plan to do it since I was sure I won't drop her, but since I could and clearly my roots to Kazimierz are strong (also I do like a lot of operators from there), I decided to immediately E2 Blemishine No. Those aren't chips I had prepared for Eunectes...

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

I'm actually surprised cause I thought it was pretty obvious to be a Poland parallel. First time I saw Kazimierz and prominent characters having winged horses as motifs, I immediately thought of the Winged Hussars. That said, congrats on that amazing roll. The Polish blood is strong. Personally, I'm skipping the banner. Not even rolling for the guaranteed. I want all the resources for Mudrock.

As for the event, gameplay-wise, I laughed when I saw that the two bosses in the last stage spawn close enough to one another such that Surtr can hit them both. It was too easy. I didn't even know what gimmicks they had. It did surprise me when I encountered the enemies and the boss that have a second life bar.

As for story, it really made me hate corporate evil more than I already do. Tho it was definitely not subtle. The design of the spokesperson guy was just blatantly evil. He does sort of get away in the end and was easily replaced. His replacement still seemed innocent tho. The secondary antagonists were okay. I like their designs but nothing much to them. Except Plastic Knight. I feel bad for him at the end. He didn't seem to be particularly villainous. I also really liked the designs of Flametail Knight and Ashley. With the effort put into their designs, I expect they ended up in Rhodes Island after the event. Platinum I was expecting to show up but I was surprised to see Gravel. Even more surprised that both are not yet with Rhodes Island at this point. And Platinum seemed antagonistic at that time.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

myrrhmidon posted:

I'm actually surprised cause I thought it was pretty obvious to be a Poland parallel.

I mean, we're such nothing country, with no influence whatsoever that nobody gives a fuck about us or even know we exist, so can you blame me for doubting they actually mean us and assumed name is just a coincidence/it's my wishful thinking speaking?

First time I saw Kazimierz and prominent characters having winged horses as motifs, I immediately thought of the Winged Hussars.

Wait, winged horses? I don't remember any. Yea, that'd be a much more blatant indication.

That said, congrats on that amazing roll. The Polish blood is strong.

Thanks x3

As for the event, gameplay-wise, I laughed when I saw that the two bosses in the last stage spawn close enough to one another such that Surtr can hit them both. It was too easy. I didn't even know what gimmicks they had. It did surprise me when I encountered the enemies and the boss that have a second life bar.

Yea. I just saw PureDark beating the stage using Surtr and Scene. On the other hand Dr. Silvergun once more proves that Jaye is absolutely broken and better than Hellagur...

Since I do not have Surtr, beating stage took me a while to figure out. Actually left guy was easy, cos Eyja was melting him in few seconds, but the issue was timing his death so I can kill the guy on right before he'll go on killing spree. Admittedly it wasn't that hard since I still beat stage trust farming 4 operators.

I didn't read entire story yet.

last edited at Apr 8, 2021 7:22PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Wait, winged horses? I don't remember any.

See: Nearl, Blemishine and Platinum's E2 art, Platinum's S2 name. also Blem's E2 art is a giant pegasus fursona 『stand』
Hell even hottaunt Zofia gets in on that. Grani seems about the only Kazimierz-related hors whose E2 pone isn't winged...

last edited at Apr 8, 2021 7:44PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

random posted:

Wait, winged horses? I don't remember any.

See: Nearl, Blemishine and Platinum's E2 art, Platinum's S2 name. also Blem's E2 art is a giant pegasus fursona 『stand』
Hell even hottaunt Zofia gets in on that. Grani seems about the only Kazimierz-related hors whose E2 pone isn't winged...

Right. I never got around to E2 any of them so I didn't see their art too much. I did notice horses when glancing over it, but somehow never taken notice of wings. For Blemishine when I was looking at her art, I focused more on looking at the big golden armor in the back, rather than horses. I know that when Nearl uses her S2, she has wings, but my first thought was more angels symbolism. Especially with title like Radiant Knight and all. Now I'm feeling ashamed as descended of Kazimierz that I didn't realize such obvious allusion to Husaria.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I mean databases like gampepress and aceship have ALL the arts and files and whatnot, those are what I consult for details on chars I haven't developed or don't have or...
*remembers not having Eunectes*
*curls up*
*tries not to cry*
*cries a lot*

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

random posted:

I mean databases like gampepress and aceship have ALL the arts and files and whatnot, those are what I consult for details on chars I haven't developed or don't have or...

Yes. I just didn't look at arts of OPs I don't have too much outside of just glancing few seconds on them.

*remembers not having Eunectes*
*curls up*
*tries not to cry*
*cries a lot*

pats

A dragon lady that's also a sniper? I'm sold

joined Jul 26, 2016

A dragon lady that's also a sniper? I'm sold

Not sure if siege crossbow or just new Gundam... Not too keen on her visual design, but given the reference I guess it's alluding to the red dragon in the Welsh flag?

To reply you must either login or sign up.