Forum › Stretch discussion

joined Nov 30, 2011

Well they are the two most popular series on Dynasty right now so it's understandable that they are compared. Much like how Naruto, One Piece, and Bleach wer...are constantly compared against one another. It's inevitable. One thing about Citrus is that it started off literally just like any other het romance story. Boy force kisses girl and girl falls for him like some weak-kneed individual despite having a clearly strong individual no BS personality before said kiss. Citrus started turning around with the father arc in my opinion but then it had that ridiculous childhood friend pseudo love triangle arc. It went backwards. Stretch on the other hand, has far superior story telling and characters mixing with elements of drama, humor, stretching, and teasing while managing to keep most things a mystery to the readers.

I think Citrus' problem is is that we rarely get long running yuri series here with good artwork and Citrus has/had a lot of potential. Thus it gets a lot of attention despite not being a very well written story (my opinion).

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

They're equally good, the difference is that once is focused on adults and the other on teenagers. With that in mind, the characterization of everyone makes perfect sense and is easy to create attachement to the characters.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

You will convince me citrus's characterization is even halfway decent when the plains of coldharbour become a place of whimsy and fun.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

You're being way too harsh. They're high school girls and having dramas about everything is just like they are.

And hell, Keiko wasn't that different to Mei on High school.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

You're being way too harsh. They're high school girls and having dramas about everything is just like they are.

And hell, Keiko wasn't that different to Mei on High school.

It's not about who the characters are, its the writing itself... it is terrible specially when looking at the sources of drama and how everything develops, character's actions and behaviors are nonsensical and feed into the terrible drama. It is a bad soap opera.

Comparing Citrus and Stretch, even if not exactly of the same genre, it is pretty obvious that Stretch is far superior in writing quality.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

When was the last time you were in high school? Citrus started out mediocre, got good for one arc then turned pure dogshit as it continued way past the point it should have.
You are never going to convince me anything individual elements in that series were any good.

Also what flips said.

last edited at Dec 2, 2014 4:46PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

So we don't keep derailing this thread, I posted my answers on the Citrus thread.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

So we don't keep derailing this thread, I posted my answers on the Citrus thread.

I only made statements, not interested in discussing, would be pointless.

Pain
joined Jun 4, 2013

When Stretch penetrates the Yuri threshold entirely, it'll be a glorious day.

10930931_1572484072967796_9102248557687339195_n
joined Jan 4, 2014

Prism is about a teenage love story too, and it still has a extremely story telling.This is about the mangaka, not everybody is a good story teller.
Let's stretching, nobody cares about 2 girls citrus-ing each other.

Pain
joined Jun 4, 2013

Let's stretching, nobody cares about 2 girls citrus-ing each other.

That sounds painful.

Me%20toooo
joined Feb 9, 2014

lemony

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Any predictions for the next chapter?
It could be just another cute stretching one, some time in between the white day and valentine's.
It could be the cuddling one, next morning of where the last chapter left off.
It could be the anniversary of them living together, which is supposedly very close to the white day. And that might imply such topics as anniversary of Ran's tragedy, anniversary of the two girls living together, and the white day itself of course.
That could be something about Keiko's past again. For instance, another dream of hers, where Ran appears as a saviour. Or maybe Keiko's ex will find the courage to contact her?
My best personal preference is to see Ran's dreaming as she is sleeping next to her precious senpai. That could make a good transition to her problem, bring some drama, and prepare the time line for the anniversary. That would however mean reusing the plot device from chapter 14, so probably won't happen...

last edited at Dec 3, 2014 4:14AM

joined Feb 15, 2013

Any predictions for the next chapter?
It could be just another cute stretching one, some time in between the white day and valentine's.
It could be the cuddling one, next morning of where the last chapter left off.
It could be the anniversary of them living together, which is supposedly very close to the white day. And that might imply such topics as anniversary of Ran's tragedy, anniversary of the two girls living together, and the white day itself of course.
That could be something about Keiko's past again. For instance, another dream of hers, where Ran appears as a saviour. Or maybe Keiko's ex will find the courage to contact her?
My best personal preference is to see Ran's dreaming as she is sleeping next to her precious senpai. That could make a good transition to her problem, bring some drama, and prepare the time line for the anniversary. That would however mean reusing the plot device from chapter 14, so probably won't happen...

Could start with Ran wearing a wedding dress, walking toward Keiko waiting at the alter wearing a tuxedo. Then the ceremony starts, and the priest ask her if she want to take Keiko as her eternal partner, and then Ran answer "I do" (in English)...

...then a cut scene to the end of last chapter with Ran still sleeping, mumbling and drooling on her senpai (nonexistent) boobs.

last edited at Dec 3, 2014 4:49AM

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Could start with Ran wearing a wedding dress, walking toward Keiko waiting at the alter wearing a tuxedo. Then the ceremony starts, and the priest ask her if she want to take Keiko as her eternal partner, and then Ran answer "I do" (in English)...

...then a cut scene to the end of last chapter with Ran still sleeping, mumbling and drooling on her senpai (nonexistent) boobs.

HNNG! Now I want to see it badly... That would make it a fantastic next chapter...

Sj2
joined Nov 23, 2014

What I think is going to happen next is that they're going to revert back to their normal daily lives with stretching, cooking, and silly arguments, rather than going into more detail of their relationship.

And then after a couple chapters, they're going to have those intimate moments again... which will leave us hoping for more, like we are now. Ambiguity at its finest.

joined Oct 13, 2014

we still havent seen Rans back story, maybe after a few chapters we get to see it

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

we still havent seen Rans back story, maybe after a few chapters we get to see it

We did sorta, i don't think there's more to it other than a simple normal life

Soo%20nice
joined May 10, 2013

Do not think it will have something special in the next chapter. After all this is not romance

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Do not think it will have something special in the next chapter. After all this is not romance

Thinking about it, it would actually be a hopeful sign if the two of them amiably went on with their routine together now that Keiko knows Ran's feelings. It'd show first of all that she hasn't rejected Ran and indeed is comfortable around her. Then maybe a chapter or two later have her start processing her own feelings in response.

It would certainly have a more organic feel than a quick acceptance or Ran pushing the issue.

Soo%20nice
joined May 10, 2013

Thinking about it, it would actually be a hopeful sign if the two of them amiably went on with their routine together now that Keiko knows Ran's feelings. It'd show first of all that she hasn't rejected Ran and indeed is comfortable around her. Then maybe a chapter or two later have her start processing her own feelings in response.

It would certainly have a more organic feel than a quick acceptance or Ran pushing the issue.

I think the same, and I can say that the "love" of the characters is like a love of innocent children, after all they are starting life together ... Maybe one day Keiko and Ran enter puberty hahaha

Pain
joined Jun 4, 2013

I think the same, and I can say that the "love" of the characters is like a love of innocent children, after all they are starting life together ... Maybe one day Keiko and Ran enter puberty hahaha

I know you mean this metaphorically, but holy crap Ran's breasts are huge.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Digging all the new Stretch avatars.

I'd like to see things more from Keiko's POV, tbh.

New
joined Feb 1, 2013

^ me too

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

And looks like we'll beat the Citrus thread with the next chapter or two!

Unless they release their chapter first.

Not a chance, Citrus updates veeery slowly, it's barely even started with the double digits yet.

They heard you.

To reply you must either login or sign up.