Forum › Stretch discussion

Pain
joined Jun 4, 2013

She didn't wake up with an alarm, so very likely a weekend.

True, although Keiko's mobile phone next to the futon really annoys me. Yes-yes, I know I have it by my side on weekends too, but it could be easily not drawn if it had no meaning. So I'd rather believe that she woke up earlier than it rang. Ok, I'm overthinking...

Worth noting that Valentine's Day this year fell on a Friday. Undoubtedly a coincidence, but kinda cool.

Akili's totally messed up with the calendar. If we believe in the full moon for jugoya 6 years ago, then it is likely that "today for chapter 18" is in 2014, because the the full moon on the 15th of September really happened in 2008. The September 15th of 2014 however had no full moon, although it does work well for Valentine's 2015 - Saturday.
But up till now I was convinced that the events of the manga are taking place three year earlier, in 2011-2012, assuming this really is a reference to the Tohoku earthquake, which has its "proof" with Ran going to her family for the 49th day during the golden week.
So one thing is clear, translating RL calendar to Stretch calendar doesn't work too well and we have to keep this in mind.

This attention to the details and analysis is something else!

joined Apr 9, 2014

This attention to the details and analysis is something else!

stretch's discussion for you

joined Nov 30, 2011

She didn't wake up with an alarm, so very likely a weekend.

True, although Keiko's mobile phone next to the futon really annoys me. Yes-yes, I know I have it by my side on weekends too, but it could be easily not drawn if it had no meaning. So I'd rather believe that she woke up earlier than it rang. Ok, I'm overthinking...

Worth noting that Valentine's Day this year fell on a Friday. Undoubtedly a coincidence, but kinda cool.

Akili's totally messed up with the calendar. If we believe in the full moon for jugoya 6 years ago, then it is likely that "today for chapter 18" is in 2014, because the the full moon on the 15th of September really happened in 2008. The September 15th of 2014 however had no full moon, although it does work well for Valentine's 2015 - Saturday.
But up till now I was convinced that the events of the manga are taking place three year earlier, in 2011-2012, assuming this really is a reference to the Tohoku earthquake, which has its "proof" with Ran going to her family for the 49th day during the golden week.
So one thing is clear, translating RL calendar to Stretch calendar doesn't work too well and we have to keep this in mind.

Think of it as a liberal interpretation and you can go back to enjoying the read. I personally think the same thing (have posted about it a few times in this thread actually) and don't get to worked up over the minor details.

@ Yuppers and Stepho - It's really nothing new around here ;)

Dynasty is the place to go for your hot and heated yuri discussions >:)

last edited at Nov 30, 2014 6:31PM

Soo%20nice
joined May 10, 2013

omg how I did not see these details?

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Think of it as a liberal interpretation and you can go back to enjoying the read. I personally think the same thing (have posted about it a few times in this thread actually) and don't get to worked up over the minor details.

hahaha, no worries, I'm not blaming the author at all. And I'm treating it liberally as you say. It's just that I haven't realised this up till now and was trying to get more unspoken info from the dates. I probably missed your comments on that too, sorry - 56 pages of text is quite a lot to digest ;) And looks like we'll beat the Citrus thread with the next chapter or two!

Dynasty is the place to go for your hot and heated yuri discussions >:)

wow, that sounds somewhat lewd, in a good way xD

Pain
joined Jun 4, 2013

And looks like we'll beat the Citrus thread with the next chapter or two!

Unless they release their chapter first.

last edited at Nov 30, 2014 9:56PM

9a905fe6a22b0201f7ade2de48a73f8d
joined Jan 22, 2014

And looks like we'll beat the Citrus thread with the next chapter or two!

Unless they release their chapter first.

Not a chance, Citrus updates veeery slowly, it's barely even started with the double digits yet.

But back to Stretch. Shou (the author) is clearly dropping hints about Ran and Keiko being in love with each others (http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stretch_ch11#7), so he doesn't intend to ignore the Yuri aspect. And while that does not automatically means a Ran x Keiko ending, right now anything else is unimaginable.

joined Jul 5, 2014

I want to believe... but at the same time, I don't want my soul to be crushed if it doesn't happen. Such a dilemma >_<

joined Feb 15, 2013

I want to believe... but at the same time, I don't want my soul to be crushed if it doesn't happen. Such a dilemma >_<

Have faith, mate. Have faith.

When all failed. You still can resort back to yuri googles. Or plain shipping...

For example, I still ship on Ayase x Kuroneko (in Oreimo) to have a SM-with-benefit relationship when they grew up btw. Crush you can get over it, but secret desire will stay for life...

last edited at Dec 1, 2014 4:08AM

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Simple request ahead of time to uploaders and the such...if there ever does in fact come a time where yuri end is achieved, can you not tag it, at least immediately? The tag would spoil all the surprise that would come if it does happen.

Tumblr_inline_nhe8a3uf1f1qd2lvk
joined Aug 15, 2014

The amount of comments is almost reaching the same amount of comments in Citrus, and considering that this manga doesn't explicitly show a yuri scene/pairing(although it's pretty obvious it's going that way/or not) compared to Citrus... I think it's just awesome :)

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

The amount of comments is almost reaching the same amount of comments in Citrus, and considering that this manga doesn't explicitly show a yuri scene/pairing(although it's pretty obvious it's going that way/or not) compared to Citrus... I think it's just awesome :)

The difference between citrus and this is that half of the comments citrus has acquired are from people who hate it (including myself) whereas this is 100% agreed love that has gotten this manga so many comments.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Considering that a sizeable amont of comments here are about how much Shou is baiting us, I wouldn't say that there's pure love in this thread.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

If this thread gets more comments then Stretch will be animated instead of Citrus!

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

If this thread gets more comments then Stretch will be animated instead of Citrus!

Can't we have both?

joined Nov 30, 2011

Considering that a sizeable amont of comments here are about how much Shou is baiting us, I wouldn't say that there's pure love in this thread.

Don't forget about the considerable number of discussions we had about their backstories as well. That soaked up lots of pages.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Oh, we're all just masochists apparently.
So there's a lot of unpure love here instead.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Can't we have both?

No

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Oh, we're all just masochists apparently.
So there's a lot of unpure love here instead.

Basically this.

Anime
joined Oct 20, 2014

It's not what I would have done.

10930931_1572484072967796_9102248557687339195_n
joined Jan 4, 2014

Seriously, Citrus is getting worse and worse. Art and plot. Does it have plot to begin with? I dont know...Cant catch up with the story anymore.
Stretch, in the other hand, get better and better. It's a manga that you think nonsense but has so many details in it, even there's yuri or not.

joined Jul 5, 2014

Seriously, Citrus is getting worse and worse. Art and plot. Does it have plot to begin with? I dont know...Cant catch up with the story anymore.
Stretch, in the other hand, get better and better. It's a manga that you think nonsense but has so many details in it, even there's yuri or not.

It had a plot during the Mei's father arc. I'm guessing at that point Sabo saw how popular it was and thought, 'Well, I WAS going to end it here, but now..?'.

Pretty obvious they're just milking it at this point. Which is a shame, this would be a great if it had ended there. Sadly it jumped from that to a forced love triangle... to another forced love triangle... and now it's about to be a forced love square.

The fact that it was a pseudo-incest love story has completely taken a back seat. I thought that was the premise of the whole manga?!

last edited at Dec 2, 2014 1:53PM

10930931_1572484072967796_9102248557687339195_n
joined Jan 4, 2014

It had a plot during the Mei's father arc. I'm guessing at that point Sabo saw how popular it was and thought, 'Well, I WAS going to end it here, but now..?'.

Pretty obvious they're just milking it at this point. Which is a shame, this would be a great if it had ended there. Sadly it jumped from that to a forced love triangle... to another forced love triangle... and now it's about to be a forced love square.

The fact that it was a pseudo-incest love story has completely taken a back seat. I thought that was the premise of the whole manga?!

Yeah, you're damn right! Now I remember that Citrus was about two sisters...
Wow, Triangle to square already? Well, when will we have a...idk, may be a forced love circle. Citrus wasnt bad at first, I liked it but now ...no.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

I checked it out around the time the first love triangle started.......really hated it. i cant imagine the horrors of a love square. (i semi-checked it out from time to time to see if it ever got decent again.......nope)

joined Jul 5, 2014

I'm sure Citrus will eventually reach a love shape so complex the entire universe will implode.

Just realized we're staining Stretch's discussion thread with talk about Shitrus. :(

last edited at Dec 2, 2014 2:23PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.