Forum › Trans Star discussion

Ourobouros2
joined Feb 17, 2016

I guess it becomes even more horrifying and closer to home when you consider what we all go through. Your teeth fall out and new ones rupture through your gums. Hair sprouts in some potentially strange places. Fat and muscle distort your proportions. Your bones lengthen. Hormones turn your brain to mush, replacing your personality with a nonsensical, depraved mix of base urges. Skin boils over with acne.

Then once all that's over and you've half-adjusted to your hellish existence, the ageing process kicks in. Veins pop out. Skin wrinkles and sags. More hair appears, or falls out. Various joints give up the ghost and require artifical replacements. Your earlobes grow to the size of dinner plates.

And don't get me started on procreation! I suspect all body-horror falls short of normal human experience.

Erm... have a nice day?

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I guess it becomes even more horrifying and closer to home when you consider what we all go through. Your teeth fall out and new ones rupture through your gums. Hair sprouts in some potentially strange places. Fat and muscle distort your proportions. Your bones lengthen. Hormones turn your brain to mush, replacing your personality with a nonsensical, depraved mix of base urges. Skin boils over with acne.

Then once all that's over and you've half-adjusted to your hellish existence, the ageing process kicks in. Veins pop out. Skin wrinkles and sags. More hair appears, or falls out. Various joints give up the ghost and require artifical replacements. Your earlobes grow to the size of dinner plates.

And don't get me started on procreation! I suspect all body-horror falls short of normal human experience.

Erm... have a nice day?

While that's all true and horrifying, it still happens over a much longer period of time than here, so it's not really the same. Plus, everyone goes through that, unlike with this disease.

Ourobouros2
joined Feb 17, 2016

Erm... have a nice day?

While that's all true and horrifying, it still happens over a much longer period of time than here, so it's not really the same. Plus, everyone goes through that, unlike with this disease.

I could have instead made the comparison to labour, which is brutally transformative, results in the separation of organic matter that was once whole, takes place within half a day, creates a new life (which kind of happens in the manga) and is not a universal, or necessarily chosen, experience.

It's kinda fun to use the uncanny to recontextualise the mundane. Perhaps I need another hobby? Or a different set of neuroses?

I think I'll just watch Kashimashi again.

Yya%20background
joined Feb 2, 2015

The message about not caring about gender when it comes to love is really nice, but I don't like the implication that changing sex is the same thing as changing gender identity (if my body suddenly became male I wouldn't think of myself as a guy, for intance). Perhaps they could have made it clear that both change with this disease.

Bleach_589___giselle_gewelle_alux-d7quz%20(1)
joined Dec 2, 2014

How I can get this disease?

Screenshot_726
joined Dec 2, 2017

I wish there would be more genderbender yuri

Smallpred
joined Jun 29, 2015

That disease sounds legit body horror until its done. Kinda reminds me of chef in Jojo part 4 that cures your diseases but engages you in some body horror first...

I wish there would be more genderbender yuri

Amen to that.

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

Wow an old gem. Very cute. Surprised to see this done by /ak/ scans since I mostly know their work on Girls und Panzer stuff. Well, it's 2021 now and we could still use more genderbender yuri.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

The classmates were hilarious.

Glasses girl had the makings of a great supporting character. What a pity this didn't become a series.

To reply you must either login or sign up.