Forum › Magan&Danai discussion

For the Children of Jesus
Received_170320887650487
joined Nov 26, 2019

No wonder it's not updating, they broke up...

joined Feb 7, 2016

No wonder it's not updating, they broke up...

Ikr I actually thought there would be more comments bout this :(( idk the situation but it all seems so sad...

joined Mar 1, 2021

Wait, they broke up? Please give me a link to it or something

joined Jun 19, 2017

They didn’t break up. Supposedly, they’re in a long distance relationship right now and aren’t able to update the manga because of that but they’re doing just fine!

Snapchat-1359724932
joined Oct 4, 2019

They didn’t break up. Supposedly, they’re in a long distance relationship right now and aren’t able to update the manga because of that but they’re doing just fine!

can u send a link because i cant find anything

joined Jun 19, 2017

yup no problem! it’s not confirmed but this is what some people speculate: https://twitter.com/asanagis/status/1349691931182264323?s=21
main source is in the replies, which is a Facebook post

Img-0803
joined Jun 25, 2021

yup no problem! it’s not confirmed but this is what some people speculate: https://twitter.com/asanagis/status/1349691931182264323?s=21

So it's speculated that they didn't breakup, despite being overseas indefinitely from each other? I mean why else move overseas to live alone from each other lol

last edited at Aug 7, 2021 11:24PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

spiltmilk posted:

So it's speculated that they didn't breakup, despite being overseas indefinitely from each other? I mean why else move overseas to live alone from each other lol

Well, long-distance works for some people much better than others. Without knowing their circumstances, it's impossible to say exactly what happened, but it wouldn't be unusual to take a year or two for school that they can't access in their own country, or pursue a long-term job assignment with the intent to reunite afterwards. It's unusual, and relationships often don't stand such drastic tests, but it's not unheard of, either.

joined Mar 15, 2019

Never understand this kind of relationship - how could lover beat their's lover???? if it's not bdsm, it's really make only sick

Bb8a9f6b-acc2-4e0f-90f6-d54026cb173e_1_201_a
joined Feb 16, 2021

They broke up a long time ago this series is dropped

joined Jul 29, 2022

Ok one wll tell they broke others they are together and now I'm here without knowing anything

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Whew this brings back memories.

Here's what I've found so far:

The author never publicly confirmed a breakup on her Weibo, but she did in fact document a move in early 2019, which fits the timeline of her last update of the series in mid-2018. The artwork related to that move shows that she moved by herself away from home and only depicts one girl.

There's also some sad/literal heartwrenching artwork related to two lovers posted right before her move, which made a lot of fans speculate wildly.

According to comments, fans noticed her partner (九三 or 93) was still liking her Weibo art posts up until early 2019. I didn't look too much into this, so I can't say for certain if that's true.

After that, it seems that the author gradually moved to her private account (小號) by the end of 2019. Some of the comments wrote that she had been flagged for inappropriate artwork and Weibo was making it difficult for her on her author account, but she was still very active in her private account. Her Instagram related to her author account also stopped having activity by the end of 2019.

There were still fans asking about her relationship in 2021 (from the auto birthday Weibo post), but by 2022, any diehard fans stopped asking about it because it's pretty clear at this point 3-4 years later that the author is likely never reviving this series due to personal circumstances.

You can also check out 九三JD's (93) Weibo as she's still active daily-- I didn't go far enough into her posts to see what was happening in 2019/2020 but fans probably flooded the comments with the relationship status questions.

Update:
So according to this response provided by a longtime fan, the two seemingly separated in 2018 because the author's mom became aware of their relationship/the manhua series. Apparently, the author's mom was helping the author run a Taobao online shop and someone used the shop's customer service chat to tell the author's mom about the manhua series and therefore her mom became aware of it. It seems like this also forced the author out of the closet, which might shed some light into the author's move away from her family in 2019, but that's just speculation. The fan also wrote that "everyone knew that the two were together for the manhua series. 93's reposts of the author's artwork was in line with that." This sentence seemingly implies that the fan thought they were just baiting(?) and that 93 reposted with romantic banter for the series? Not too sure but the tone sure sounds like they doubted they were a real couple for some reason.

Anyhow, there's the facts and some rumors with it. #notadetective but I think this series can be concluded as dropped/completed.

FINAL UPDATE
Yo this is wild. I decided to look more into the Chinese forums and by god, it's messy af. Turns out the author was canceled because she was exposed to be lying and her relationship with 93 was kinda also a lie?? There's a lot to cover but the gist of it is that people were claiming that at first the author and 93 were living in Beijing together and people noticed them after the manhua series took off, and then they looked into the author a bit more and they realized that the author was photoshopped/lying about what they looked like, and then adopting kitties and there's something in here about neglect/abuse and then using that to ask for funds etc. There's also screenshot proofs of the author taking commissions and never delivering after receiving money, and their Taobao items being a scam, etc. Some of the screenshots also depict the author and 93 talking about their relationship (individually with different people as a joke, it seems).

Anyway, it's messy as hell, but this all happened in 2018, and it ended when the author notified her followers that she was moving out of the country to the US. People speculate that's also why none of her old accounts have been active since then. Source Discussion

I'm just saying it's wild because I didn't expect such a back story-- I literally thought this was a simple break up type situation. Anyhow, this is just what I found. You can believe what you'd like from it.

Edit: updates

last edited at Nov 7, 2022 10:52AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.