Forum › Michiwarikusa Monogatari – Vampire After the Doomsday discussion

joined May 24, 2014

No matter how different these vampires are to the norm, I think we're all thanking God they're nothing like Twilight.
The whole blood kiss thing reminds me of Aoi Shiro.

Oh yesh, thank the heavens for THAT. The whole twilight craze can't fade away fast enough

Img_2543
joined Feb 28, 2013

Well thats new. Usually, in most other vampire fictions, vampire's feeding on each other is a huge no-no, often being the equivalent to drinking poison or something.

They're more akin to Anne Rice/White Wolf's vampires, where vampiric blood is usually either treated as the ultimate aphrodisiac or a way to strengthen oneself (if you drink a vampire's blood who's closer to Cain in generation).

joined Jul 5, 2014

Well thats new. Usually, in most other vampire fictions, vampire's feeding on each other is a huge no-no, often being the equivalent to drinking poison or something.

They're more akin to Anne Rice/White Wolf's vampires, where vampiric blood is usually either treated as the ultimate aphrodisiac or a way to strengthen oneself (if you drink a vampire's blood who's closer to Cain in generation).

Aphrodisiac o.o
I hope that isn't the case here, that could head into some serious NTR situations down the road.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Hm, it's not uncommon for vampire stories (especially romance) to have human become something like a "servant" linked to vampire "master", obtaining their immortality for having blood taken. I think two black-haired girls are full vampires and other to are basically their "contracted" partners.
Well, we might know more later.

joined Jul 5, 2014

Hm, it's not uncommon for vampire stories (especially romance) to have human become something like a "servant" linked to vampire "master", obtaining their immortality for having blood taken. I think two black-haired girls are full vampires and other to are basically their "contracted" partners.

They both have fangs though. You can see them when they kiss. I don't think any of them are human.
I will admit though, they made a point to show the fangs of the two black haired girls early on, I thought the other two were human at first too.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

No matter how different these vampires are to the norm, I think we're all thanking God they're nothing like Twilight.

The only reason vampires cant feast on each others blood thing was invented was to avoid the question "why do they need humans then?" cause if they can self-sustain they are not very good tragic monsters now are they

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

They both have fangs though. You can see them when they kiss. I don't think any of them are human.
I will admit though, they made a point to show the fangs of the two black haired girls early on, I thought the other two were human at first too.

Well, sharing vampire's power could lead to getting the fangs as a symbol, though not truly needing to use them.

Right, sometimes "servants" get full vampire power only when they drink human blood, otherwise they only get immortality. But they also don't need it to survive like full vampires do.

Also - I don't think it applies to this manga, but if I remember right, in some works the "turnling" could drink master's blood to become full-pledged vampire - sometimes that meant breaking their connection, but sometimes they still stayed linked.

last edited at Nov 24, 2014 5:53PM

joined Jan 30, 2013

The only reason vampires cant feast on each others blood thing was invented was to avoid the question "why do they need humans then?" cause if they can self-sustain they are not very good tragic monsters now are they

No species could ever sustain on itself because there are heat losses on every level and that energy needs to be replaced. Which is why carnivores eat herbivores which get their energy from the sun.
Actually, vampires feeding on themselves is basically cannibalism o.o

last edited at Nov 24, 2014 6:07PM

joined Jul 5, 2014

Requesting Cannibalism tag :3

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

No species could ever sustain on itself because there are heat losses on every level and that energy needs to replaced. Which is why carnivores eat herbivores which get their energy from the sun.

Considering vampires only need blood to survive and are fictional magical creatures, its safe to say the rules of nature can f-off

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Cannibalism involves the eating of flesh and/or organs, not simply fluids.

Requesting Cannibalism tag :3

That would certainly spook people away xD
And probably attract others...

Also... Can't believe I did not notice the credit page, NanoFate vampires xD

last edited at Nov 24, 2014 6:22PM

Ejej
joined Aug 24, 2014

The art style tells me this won't be so slice of lifey or cheery for that matter. I have no idea where this is going to go on from here, but I know this is going to be a full on drama.

Yurimangac
joined Nov 15, 2013

I read twice!

joined Jan 30, 2013

Cannibalism involves the eating of flesh and/or organs, not simply fluids.

Which is why I wrote "basically". Of course, it's hard to fit vampires into the definition of cannibalism, but considering they only need blood to survive, it's close enough, don't you think?

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

The art style tells me this won't be so slice of lifey or cheery for that matter. I have no idea where this is going to go on from here, but I know this is going to be a full on drama.

As long as we don't get no NTR, Bad ends or sudden het then im good with it.
(also hoping these girls all stick together, vampire friends usually end with a stake through the heart for at least one of the couples)

joined Aug 11, 2014

Okay, the idea of actually having a story about ageless beings having outlived everyone else and continuing to exist in a ruined world, rather than just using immortality to rack up extra drama between regular humans without actually addressing the concept in the long term? Very cool, you've got my attention. Cast of lesbian vampires who survive through bloodplay makeout sessions even though that basically makes them perpetual motion machines? FUCK OFF, SCIENCE, I'M ALL IN.

last edited at Nov 24, 2014 7:09PM

That biting kiss makes me shiver... seems painfull >.>

biting can be great, puncturing is another story.

Anyway... Aside from that and the fact that Misao reminds me of Alice (Tohou) for some reason...

This was really good. You have a sort of dystopia and "cannibalistic" vampires? I look forward to how this will go and I have a feeling that this story will get rather dark. I went right to thinking about Shin Sekai Yori.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Very pretty...

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Vampire yuri that I know nothing about? Count me in!

Through the tongue though, oh my gosh... It makes me cringe just thinking about it.

Kww1hoj
joined Jul 4, 2014

Reminds of Akaiito and Aoishiro, which is a really good thing.

Holy crap. LOL Rina wears the same Cross collar Sakura wears
https://s.vndb.org/sf/43/9243.jpg

last edited at Nov 24, 2014 7:56PM

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I like this and will look out for more in the future.

Eiko_by_komiyo_chan2
joined Sep 15, 2013

The art reminds of Asagi Ryuu.
And, wooow imagine the sex scene that happened, like... one pair seeing the other =P
Yep! I liked this one.

Thx Payapaya

joined Jan 30, 2013

The art reminds of Asagi Ryuu.

Except it isn't completely oversexualised. Although I'd have to recheck his works and I'd rather avoid that...

joined Apr 9, 2014

definitely in

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

IN. Only if no sudden NTRs.

Okay, the idea of actually having a story about ageless beings having outlived everyone else and continuing to exist in a ruined world, rather than just using immortality to rack up extra drama between regular humans without actually addressing the concept in the long term? Very cool, you've got my attention. Cast of lesbian vampires who survive through bloodplay makeout sessions even though that basically makes them perpetual motion machines? FUCK OFF, SCIENCE, I'M ALL IN.

Agreed on every word.

To reply you must either login or sign up.